Soundwave Revolution 11 Lineup

Cammie

So, obviously VH and Alice are top of the list.....I thought machinehead was motorhead (bugga).:(

I honestly dont know the other bands that well. Hole... not too sure....

Does anyone have any recommendations who else I should make a point of seeing?

TIA

Sad to say Cammie, but there seems to be a lot of dreck in that line-up.

Van Halen seems to be the best bet for a good-time...but that depends on the state Eddie and Dave are in, and how you feel about Michael Anthony being kicked out.

Alice Cooper and Danzig used to give pretty good shows in that cartoonish-horror-rock vein, but they are both long-in-the-tooth, and I haven't seen either of them in years.

Stay away from Hole, as it is NOT Hole but Courtney Love and a bunch of hired hands. Without Patty, Eric and Melissa, it's just the Courtney show and it ain't pretty...it's a sham.

Bad Religion is okay if you like grey and boring punk rock...again, these guys have been around FOREVER.

And you mean to tell me the Cro-Mags and Sisters of Mercy are STILL around? Sheesh, at a certain age you just look silly...just ask Robert Smith.

And stay far far away from the dismal likes of Sum 41 and All Time Low and the Hollywood Undead! Blech!

I haven't seen so many glum and scowling faces since high school. Most of these bands are nothing more than glorified bar-bands.

Literally, in the case of Steel Panther. These guys have been playing the Viper Room in LA for years. Guess it finally paid off...didn't realize they could scrounge up the airfare to Oz. Are they even known in Australia? And will Aussies get the joke? For Steel Panther is like a spoof, a parody of 80's hair-metal.

As such, they are one of the few bands on the bill where you are guaranteed to have fun, so I recommend you and your girlfriends check 'em out. It'll provide a nice antidote to the rest of the po-faced angst on the bill.

Van Halen seems to be the best bet for a good-time...but that depends on the state Eddie and Dave are in, and how you feel about Michael Anthony being kicked out.

I saw them on their reunion tour a few years ago. They did good but it was nothing like Van Halen in their prime.

Alice Cooper and Danzig used to give pretty good shows in that cartoonish-horror-rock vein, but they are both long-in-the-tooth, and I haven't seen either of them in years.

I'm not sure if Alice is still doing his Theatre of Death tour but when I saw him do it couple of years ago it was Alice at the top of his game.

Archived