Chicago, IL -Chicago Stadium- January 20, 1975

DavidZoso

This was the second show of the 1975 US tour and the first in Chicago out of 3 nights. Robert is suffering from the flu and Jimmy's finger is still injured from when he hurt it on a train while rehearsing for the warm up shows in Rotterdam 1-11-75 and Brussels 1-12-75. He had to drop the more demanding Dazed and Confused and instead for the time being play How many More Times which hadn't been played in awhile. They also playied When the Levee Breaks and The Wanton Song which didn't last too many more shows after this. This was one of the first bootlegs I got on vinyl back in the '80's.

Setlist:

Rock and Roll

Sick Again

Over the Hills and Far Away

When the Levee Breaks

In My Time of Dying

The Song Remains the Same

Rain Song

Kashmir

The Wanton Song

No Quarter

Trampled Underfoot

Moby Dick

How Many More Times

Stairway to Heaven

Encores:

Whole Lotta Love

Black Dog

Communication Breakdown

Sick Again

sickagain-1.jpg

PN005029.jpg

lz19750120_01.jpg

lz19750120_03.jpg

When the Levee Breaks or In My Time of Dying- I am leaning towards Levee as JPJ's bass doesn't look like the fretless.

975.jpg

When the Levee Breaks

PN005163.jpg

In My Time of Dying

972.jpg

PN005217.jpg

Kashmir

971.jpg

The Wanton Song- notice the roadie moving the Theremin in the background for use in the next song-No Quarter

974.jpg

PN005254.jpg

PN005030.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

PN005215.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

PN005214.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

PN005213.jpg

Edited by DavidZoso

• 3 weeks later...

This was the second show of the 1975 US tour and the first in Chicago out of 3 nights. Robert is suffering from the flu and Jimmy's finger is still injured from when he hurt it on a train while rehearsing for the warm up shows in Rotterdam 1-11-75 and Brussels 1-12-75. He had to drop the more demanding Dazed and Confused and instead for the time being play How many More Times which hadn't been played in awhile. They also playied When the Levee Breaks and The Wanton Song which didn't last too many more shows after this. This was one of the first bootlegs I got on vinyl back in the '80's.

Setlist:

Rock and Roll

Sick Again

When the Levee Breaks

In My Time of Dying

Rain Song

Kashmir

The Wanton Song

No Quarter

Trampled Underfoot

Moby Dick

How Many More Times

Stairway to Heaven

Encores:

Whole Lotta Love

Black Dog

Communication Breakdown

Sick Again

sickagain-1.jpg

PN005029.jpg

lz19750120_01.jpg

lz19750120_03.jpg

When the Levee Breaks or In My Time of Dying- I am leaning towards Levee as JPJ's bass doesn't look like the fretless.

975.jpg

When the Levee Breaks

PN005163.jpg

In My Time of Dying

972.jpg

PN005217.jpg

Kashmir

971.jpg

The Wanton Song- notice the roadie moving the Theremin in the background for use in the next song-No Quarter

974.jpg

PN005254.jpg

PN005030.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

PN005215.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

PN005214.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

PN005213.jpg

http://www.ledzeppelin-database.com/geekbaseweb/setpage.aspx?showid=444

This has the real setlist on it. They didn't play HMMT and IMTOD came after Moby Dick. Listen to the boot man! :D

http://www.ledzeppelin-database.com/geekbaseweb/setpage.aspx?showid=444

This has the real setlist on it. They didn't play HMMT and IMTOD came after Moby Dick. Listen to the boot man! :D

You must have an old source because there are newer sources available now and 'How Many More Times' is on the newer source. Also the full 3rd show on 1-22-75 is avilable but the second night(1-21-75) is not complete, but there is also video footage with source sound available.

Here is a link for you to see and listen to the setlist I posted above.

My link

I will say that some of the 1-21-75 show has been combined with the 1-20-75 show (so the How Many More Times might be from the second night in Chicago- 1-21-75).

The 1-22-75 is all it's own show. Since we don't have any audio from the first US show in Minneapolis 1-18-75 we don't know if How Many More Times was played there, and we know that it wasn't played in Brussels 1-12-75, but I would say that it being a major US tour Jimmy would not give up playing How Many More Times and having some vehicle to play his violin bow solo. He had to cut Dazed and Confused because of his broken finger but I think How Many More Times was played in Minneapolis and that first Chicago show-just my opinion.

Edited by DavidZoso

The 1-22-75 is all it's own show. Since we don't have any audio from the first US show in Minneapolis 1-18-75 we don't know if How Many More Times was played there, and we know that it wasn't played in Brussels 1-12-75, but I would say that it being a major US tour Jimmy would not give up playing How Many More Times and having some vehicle to play his violin bow solo. He had to cut Dazed and Confused because of his broken finger but I think How Many More Times was played in Minneapolis and that first Chicago show-just my opinion.

http://www.ledzeppelin-database.com/geekbaseweb/flairpage.aspx?showid=443

Third clip down is a review of the concert and we pretty much know the set is the same as Brussels and HMMT is not mentioned. He says mostly it was stuff off of ZoSo, Houses of the Holy, and Physical Graffiti so that means the set would look like this:

Rock and Roll

Sick Again

When the Levee Breaks

(In My Time of Dying?)

The Rain Song

Kashmir

The Wanton Song

No Quarter

Trampled Underfoot

Moby Dick

(In My Time of Dying?(this placement would replicate the Brussels show))

Stairway to Heaven

Whole Lotta Love/Black Dog

Based on what he says, "With the exception of Moby Dick, the band's standard showcase for drummer John Bonham, and a brief 30 second excerpt from Whole Lotta Love during the encore, the group confined its attention to its most recent albums, Led Zeppelin 4 and Houses of the Holy, along with a number selections from its coming Physical Graffiti LP."

This indicated the following setlist was played and that HMMT was not or the concert reviewer would have mentioned it in the above statement or completely forgot to. From the sound of it, the person who wrote the review was very impressed and thought they played really well for Jimmy having a broken finger and Plant having the flu.

Edited by JimmyPageZoSo56

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 2 years later...