Can anyone answer the question as to "who is/was the beautiful princess in Robert Plants fantasy sequence during The Rain Song, in The Song"?

PDVD_001.jpg

For all the Zep books I've read and all the research I have done I am none the wiser.

One would presume she is content to be out of the limelight for all these years, maybe she isn't with us anymore?

but I'm thinking she deserves some credit of a mention amongst her original worshippers.

Why?

For me she was the most perfect english fantasy princess. Stunningly beautiful.

Her protrayal of vulnerability and supposed innocence along with Roberts heroism in saving her > IS <-> ye olde fantasy perfected.

I just want to know stuff like was she actually English?

Did she do any other media stuff?

Even with the passing years I am pretty sure she would she still be a looker :) (hey we're all getting old ^-) lol!

Given there is not one single mention of her on original materials, (SRTS Double Vinyl and 1st DVD), unless I missed it somehow,

I kinda think she was someones friend and just did it for fun.

Come on James, John, Robert & Swan Song, spill the beans, you've teased us long enough! 8^)

(heartless lot aren't they?!? 8-)

Edited by OldManWith4Sticks

"A short clip from the outtakes of The Song Remains The Same, the film of Led Zeppelin. It shows a different fantasy sequence of Robert Plant coming out the cave, riding in Aberdovy and saved Maureen, his then wife in the castle instead of Virginia Parker, who played the fair maiden in the usual edition the fans see. And later a tiny bit of Bonzo's part."

"A short clip from the outtakes of The Song Remains The Same, the film of Led Zeppelin. It shows a different fantasy sequence of Robert Plant coming out the cave, riding in Aberdovy and saved Maureen, his then wife in the castle instead of Virginia Parker, who played the fair maiden in the usual edition the fans see. And later a tiny bit of Bonzo's part."

^^^

I think whomever wrote that confused Virginia Parker with Pat Bonham.

• 1 year later...

An American girl from the south played the part of the princess in the tower. I was working in London as a model and was booked for the job by my agency, Models One. I don't really know why I was cast, but I suspect it was my hair - I did a lot of cosmetics and hair product ads back in the day. I wasn't an actress. Doing editorial pages for English Vogue, Queen and Honey meant more to me in terms of my career.

At the time the shoot was not a big deal to me - just another day of work. Who knew the age of the internet would extend the movie's shelf life from a couple of years to eternity? My on screen time only lasts a few minutes. It took longer for the hair people to get my straight hair curled with tongs than it did to do the take. I was told to 'look at the camera and don't smile.' Mostly I stood around and tried not to wrinkle the costume.

Post-modeling career, I was a journalist for 20 plus years and have been a fine art painter since 2001. Every now and again someone does a Google search, and emails me from my website, asking if I did the movie.

My kids get a kick out of it. Two of them work in the film business and often the director of photography is familiar with it.

The Song really does Remain the Same in the age of Google and Youtube. Glad you have fond memories of the film.

http://virginiaparker.net

http://vaparker.blogspot.com

• Administrators

An American girl from the south played the part of the princess in the tower. I was working in London as a model and was booked for the job by my agency, Models One. I don't really know why I was cast, but I suspect it was my hair - I did a lot of cosmetics and hair product ads back in the day. I wasn't an actress. Doing editorial pages for English Vogue, Queen and Honey meant more to me in terms of my career.

At the time the shoot was not a big deal to me - just another day of work. Who knew the age of the internet would extend the movie's shelf life from a couple of years to eternity? My on screen time only lasts a few minutes. It took longer for the hair people to get my straight hair curled with tongs than it did to do the take. I was told to 'look at the camera and don't smile.' Mostly I stood around and tried not to wrinkle the costume.

Post-modeling career, I was a journalist for 20 plus years and have been a fine art painter since 2001. Every now and again someone does a Google search, and emails me from my website, asking if I did the movie.

My kids get a kick out of it. Two of them work in the film business and often the director of photography is familiar with it.

The Song really does Remain the Same in the age of Google and Youtube. Glad you have fond memories of the film.

Thanks for posting Virginia.

It seems all has been revealed!

:notworthy:

Wow!

Did you get to meet the band, Virginia? And were you a fan, before or after?

I didn't meet the band, just Robert Plant at the initial audition and on the day of the shoot. He seemed like a nice guy. I was familiar with the band, particularly their debut album. It was an iconic part of the soundtrack of the era. I was at the age when it seems terribly important to act cool and vaguely recall admonishing myself to not act impressed. I was more interested in literature than music, and my heroes were mostly writers. I would have swooned if I'd met Tolkien or Updike.

My member photo is from that era (photographer Barry Lategan). I'll post a current one, if I can figure out how to upload it into a post.

Thank you for sharing your story. You were beautiful then and you are still. You were the female version of Robert Plant.

What part of the South are you from?

You are very kind, thanks.

Our hair was cerrtainly similar. I think Mr. Plant was going for someone with an Arthur Rackham-esque, fairytale illustration look.

I'm from land of Coca~Cola, CNN, and the CDC.

Always great to see another person from the deep south on the forum, Virginia!

Thanks for weighing in with your Led cred. Your own bio reads like it would make a very cool movie!

You were the perfect choice for The Song Remains The Same..