I'm amazed. I thought maybe one or two people might respond, if any. That's how much I know.

My art is very old school. Oil on canvas, occasionally oil on linen. I'm a big fan of the northern renaissance. Well, and Velázquez. And Brueghel. Caravaggio, especially his three works on the life of St Matthew in the Contarelli Chapel in San Luigi dei Francesi in Rome.

World is small, I go every now and then in San Luigi dei Francesi in Rome to watch Caravaggio's work.

World is small, I go every now and then in San Luigi dei Francesi in Rome to watch Caravaggio's work.

I put my Euro in the box and nearly fainted when the lights popped on. The colors were so fresh, every line so alive. It looks like Caravaggio had just put down his brush and stepped away. Probably to start a fight in the nearest tavern, but hey.

Have you seen his Madonna of Loreto in Sant' Agostino? There is no other image of Mary and Christ remotely like it.The physical and holy fused in everyday life.

its nice to see threads like this on this site!

Virginia, your tomato portraits remind me of the south, and all the warm fuzzy memories that go along with that. :)

Was that theme intentional, or am I just picking up what you are just naturally expressing? Either way, THANK YOU

xox

I'm a southern girl, born and bred. My daddy grew tomatoes in the backyard. It means home to me.

The thing is, I also love finding and painting the knives. Something about pairing a sharp, dangerous blade with the juicy allure of a tomato appeals to my subversive artist's heart.

Some outtake photos:

tsrts_1.jpg

Does anyone know where this photo came from and whether there are any more?

I have lots of photos from that era, but not so much as a Polaroid from the movie. I tried Google images, and found zip. I wish I could see the whole costume. Any ideas?

This is the kind of thing that was my bread and butter as a working model, ads for hair products.

post-21599-0-62254500-1345762828_thumb.j

This was one of my first jobs for Italian Vogue.

post-21599-0-30395700-1345762948_thumb.j

Does anyone know where this photo came from and whether there are any more?

I can't speak for Sam_webmaster (the person who posted it) but I do know there are several contact sheets/negatives of "outtakes" and "candid" photos taken during the production of the film. I own what may be a complete set and I will check them to see if there are other images of yourself. These photos were most likely taken at the behest of director Peter Clifton or possibly by a journalist on assignment.

Several outtake/candid photos of manager Peter Grant preparing for his fantasy sequence that were taken by Pennie Smith of UK rock magazine New Musical Express have also entered circulation. Unsure if she has any of the filming done at Raglan Castle.

Not sure which painting you mean. Can you describe it? And thanks! Telling a painter you really like her work is like telling a mother her baby is beautiful.

I'm represented by Mason Murer Fine Art (Atlanta, GA) and Gail Pierson Gallery (Cape May, NJ). On my website, if a painting is not marked sold, it's available though the gallery. Thanks for asking.

Wow, my wife and I have bought stuff from the Pierson Gallery in Cape May (one of our favorite towns)! We'll look for your stuff.

Thanks for posting, very cool!

I put my Euro in the box and nearly fainted when the lights popped on. The colors were so fresh, every line so alive. It looks like Caravaggio had just put down his brush and stepped away. Probably to start a fight in the nearest tavern, but hey.

Have you seen his Madonna of Loreto in Sant' Agostino? There is no other image of Mary and Christ remotely like it.The physical and holy fused in everyday life.

No, I haven't. But it's near Piazza Navona. Thank You for Your tip, I will surely visit it. You are woman of numerous talents, really. I never thought that I will exchange my thoughts about Caravaggio with the woman that I saw billions of times watching TSRTS. Marvelous. I always found that two paesants who pray in front of Madonna have very common and familiar faces.

I can't speak for Sam_webmaster (the person who posted it) but I do know there are several contact sheets/negatives of "outtakes" and "candid" photos taken during the production of the film. I own what may be a complete set and I will check them to see if there are other images of yourself. These photos were most likely taken at the behest of director Peter Clifton or possibly by a journalist on assignment.

Several outtake/candid photos of manager Peter Grant preparing for his fantasy sequence that were taken by Pennie Smith of UK rock magazine New Musical Express have also entered circulation. Unsure if she has any of the filming done at Raglan Castle.

Holy cow. Yes, please. I would be humbly grateful.

This is astonishing to me. I still have my portfolio tucked away, so I don't know why I'm gob-smacked that 39 year old contact sheets survived. This is what those who dismiss social media on the Internet just don't grasp.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

• Administrators

Holy cow. Yes, please. I would be humbly grateful.

This is astonishing to me. I still have my portfolio tucked away, so I don't know why I'm gob-smacked that 39 year old contact sheets survived. This is what those who dismiss social media on the Internet just don't grasp.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Hi Virginia,

There's well over a hundred photos from this set, but unfortunately there's just the one photo of you (that I've seen anyway). I can send you a high-res scan of it if you like.

Wow great to find out who the princess was. On a side note your links dont work for me, would love to see the pictures and paintings.

Try typing it, or copying and pasting into your browser. That's the limit of my Internet fix it expertise.

www.virginiaparker.net

http://vaparker.blogspot.com

If any of you are on Facebook, feel free to friend me if you are so inclined.

Edited by VirginiaParker

This morning I went up to the attic and poked around, looking for a box of my old journals, to see if I'd written anything down about working on the movie. Buried in a box marked Tax Records 1980 my husband found this -

post-21599-0-66370400-1345903812_thumb.j

One of the reasons I was reticent about my small part in the movie, outside of family and a few friends, is that I always supposed I had no proof. Only my word and my face. I actually joked to a friend saying, 'It's not like I have a pay stub.' Well, as it turns out, I do.

The box marked 1980 actually has all my old records from the years I worked abroad. My husband brought it down, not to look for anything connected with this, but because I nag him to get rid of old tax records that are not needed. He has now won the argument about tossing stuff without going through it.

This is just blowing my mind.

Thanks Virginia! I liked your Atlanta reminiscences in the video link. I grew up in Marietta in the 70s and I can remember when Johnson's Ferry was like a country road. It's really changed since then, I can only imagine what it was like in the 50s.

And then in the 80s my friends and I were in a suburban neighborhood right off Johnson's Ferry, wearing out a VHS copy of that movie, little knowing that the princess was in the same town. Small world!

evocative...

perilous southern charm - subversive indeed :)

well done!

I'm a southern girl, born and bred. My daddy grew tomatoes in the backyard. It means home to me.

The thing is, I also love finding and painting the knives. Something about pairing a sharp, dangerous blade with the juicy allure of a tomato appeals to my subversive artist's heart.

This morning I went up to the attic and poked around, looking for a box of my old journals, to see if I'd written anything down about working on the movie. Buried in a box marked Tax Records 1980 my husband found this -

post-21599-0-66370400-1345903812_thumb.j

One of the reasons I was reticent about my small part in the movie, outside of family and a few friends, is that I always supposed I had no proof. Only my word and my face. I actually joked to a friend saying, 'It's not like I have a pay stub.' Well, as it turns out, I do.

Outstanding! So we have confirmation of the precise date the filming was done. You could say I'm an anorak when it comes to such things - this means a lot.

My pleasure.

"In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest, perhaps obsessive, in niche subjects."

I confess I had to Google anorak up, as I thought it meant a heavy, hooded coat, suitable for competing in the Iditarod. I love learning a new use for a word. It appeals to the writer in me.

An additional fact; I was paid 130 quid for the job. It's noted down in the back of my journal. That was for both days and travel.

While mostly all I did was stand quietly and stare like a deer in the headlights, I did make one contribution. Mr Plant was discussing what to do once he vanquished the guards and turned to the princess. I suggested he kiss the sword and salute her. I don't know if I came up with that from reading Le Morte d'Arthur or some hazy idea of the rules of courtly love. At any rate, Mr, Plant liked it and that's what he did. The way it's edited, it happens before the fight, right after the knight first sees the maiden, and all that's visible is a glimpse of him lowering the sword after he's held it to his lips.

I thought it spoke well of him, that he was open to suggestions.

Like most on here I LOVE to hear small intimate details about anything to do with the band. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share this with us. And if your kids still think your bit in the film was a bit dorky, show them the fan base you are developing on here!

I'm developing a theory about this forum. I'll admit to a little trepidation about identifying myself as the maiden in any public way. Especially on the Internet. But by a combination of whim, happenstance and luck, this is where I posted. Lo and behold, people here are not only kind, they are positively gallant.

My theory is that people who identify with this segment of the film are idealists, attracted to the concept of chivalry and knightly virtues like mercy, courage, valor, fairness, protection of the weak, and courtesy to women.

Just sayin'.

That's it, although I'm a woman. Maybe I identify myself in the wish to be the princess, you know? ;) who else wouldn't want to be rescued in a castle from Middle-Age by a prince like Robert?

I remember watching The Song Remains The Same for the first time with a couple of friends who like Led Zep (not as much as me, but enough to enjoy the film). When you appeared in the screen, one of them drop her jaw and said: she's stunning! Have you seen her? That girl is gorgeous! We all agreed (I'm not making anything up). As you can see, you not only arouse admiration between men

By the way, good contribution to the scene. I was to point something out before but I didn't do it because I don't know the model job enough, anyway, to me it seems that some models of the old days like you had more intellectual and artistics interests than now. Now modelling seems to move in a vain and superficial world (I repeat, I don't know the job but that's the impression I receive from media), so it's lovely to see that there were more than "pretty faces" as someone said before, and that makes persons like you admirable in every side