Ms Parker, like everyone here has already said, it's been an absolute thrill having you come to us and acknowledge and talk about your association with this band we all seem to be obsessed with.

Thank you for sharing and letting us get to know the real you a little. It's been a genuine pleasure.

Yes Santa, there really is a Virginia. And she's a real princess for sharing a little of her life with this group of Led Zeppelin fans. For that I most sincerely thank you Virginia and look forward to adding you to my base of friends & acquaintances on Facebook. And I thank you in advance for that too.

Ladies - Miss Melanie, Slave to Zep, Knebby, Deborah, Gigi, Planet Page aen27, Sue, Laura, Angel - represent.

That's another unexpected and welcome aspect of this forum. I assumed fans would be men of about my age, able to qualify for social security this year. Come to find out the demographic includes a wide range of ages and both genders. That is so cool to me.

I go to the farmer's markets and audition heirloom tomatoes. It cracks the vendors up. I take lots of photos and that carries me through the bleak post-tomato season.

I've never done any paintings that reference the film, but one may be in the works. My paintings are all autobiographical, a kind of visual journal. Some are more oblique than others. I'm a hybrid, being a writer and painter. As a friend who switched from architectural design to writing mysteries says, she's changed from being a vizzie to a verbie. I went the other way.

Ms. Parker, after viewing your absolutely stunning collection via your Official Site, I look forward to this newest possibility of paintings referencing TSRTS Film. We are very fortunate to have you here. Your passionate artistic vision restorts the viewer's faith that all things in this universe were created perfectly and beautifully, couldn't been any other way. Thank you again for such a treasured gift to the eye.....

Ladies - Miss Melanie, Slave to Zep, Knebby, Deborah, Gigi, Planet Page aen27, Sue, Laura, Angel - represent.

That's another unexpected and welcome aspect of this forum. I assumed fans would be men of about my age, able to qualify for social security this year. Come to find out the demographic includes a wide range of ages and both genders. That is so cool to me.

17 year old girl here!! I hope you don't mind, I run a Zeppelin tumblr and a vintage fashion/modelling tumblr and I put one of your pictures up there, if that's alright with you :)

My theory is that people who identify with this segment of the film are idealists, attracted to the concept of chivalry and knightly virtues like mercy, courage, valor, fairness, protection of the weak, and courtesy to women.

Just sayin'.

Very well observed and very true.

I guess Tolkien and Robert's fantasy sequence were a main influence for me to.....uhmm, chase dragons.

553293_245085185611134_160699370_n.jpg

Edited by reswati

Virginia, your theory is probably correct^^ at least for me.

We love to hear first hand accounts of things regarding this band. Delighted that you came here and shared this part of your life.

reswati- great photo!! ^^ Where is that adorable little girl of yours?...I would have thought she would have a Viking helmet on!!! :peace:

I'm developing a theory about this forum. I'll admit to a little trepidation about identifying myself as the maiden in any public way. Especially on the Internet. But by a combination of whim, happenstance and luck, this is where I posted. Lo and behold, people here are not only kind, they are positively gallant.

My theory is that people who identify with this segment of the film are idealists, attracted to the concept of chivalry and knightly virtues like mercy, courage, valor, fairness, protection of the weak, and courtesy to women.

Just sayin'.

As all the others said:Thanks a thousand times for contacting us.

You are absolute right .Often a friend of mine even showed this sequences to

girls to give them an idear of his knight attitude....

I remember some people thought you were overstyled in TSRTS, but than there

were some who did not like the whole movie at all.

I watched it 20 times a week and love your presence.

This might be a bit of a surprise for you.

Mr.Plant told me once how great you looked but that the best parts were

cuttet off.Maybe the stuff we find today on youtube.

I got some questions for you now .

1st Was there any other takes or scenes filmed with you in the

castle,that were not used for TSRTS?

2.nd There is the sequence when the riding woman hands the sword over to Robert Plant.

Was it your part ,too?

3.rd.Where exactly were all of your scenes filmed ?

4.You mentioned before that the acting was just a job for you.

Had the whole thing any reflection on your life or thinking lateron?

Thanks for influencing my life in such a good way. Wish you all the best for your further carrer.

1st Was there any other takes or scenes filmed with you in the

castle,that were not used for TSRTS?

Not that I remember. I'm sure they did more than one take, and I might have blinked or reached out a hand or something.

2.nd There is the sequence when the riding woman hands the sword over to Robert Plant.

Was it your part ,too?

Nope.

3.rd.Where exactly were all of your scenes filmed ?

In a room in a castle in Wales (as opposed to a studio set or CG or something.)

4.You mentioned before that the acting was just a job for you.

It wasn't really acting. I was more of a prop than a character. Acting requires the ability to construct a character and bring it alive. Modeling requires the ability to hold still and remain in focus for long hours, while the the hair/ makeup/wardrobe/lighting people do their thing, then look fresh, sultry, and animated instead of sulky, bored, and stiff. It's a different skill set.

Had the whole thing any reflection on your life or thinking lateron?

As I've said, my heroes were writers. If I'd spent two days with Gabriel García Márquez or T. H. White, author of The Once and Future King, no doubt I would have volumes of detailed reminisces to share. I supposed it reinforced for me that my future lay in the field of writing, rather than on screen. I loved the written word, and I knew the deft use of language was something I wanted to contribute.

Edited by VirginiaParker

i had been to raglan and even talked to people who could remember the

filmmaking there.but it was impossible for me to find all castle sequences of tsrts there.

I too have been to Raglan Castle. The interior furnishings in the room atop the staircase where the scene was filmed on September 19, 1974 were removed long ago but there is no question Raglan Castle was the only castle used in the sequence.

I've been reading about and listening to Led Zeppelin, along with watching interviews and performances on You tube clips. It is probably not unlike the experience of someone younger who comes across the band, gets hooked on the music and curious. Absorbing forty-ish years of history compressed into a few weeks.

Still reading and listening. In my heretical opinion, Plant is right to refuse to participate in resurrecingt LZ.. Page is first and foremost a musician and if reasonably scheduled could come close to his glory days in performance, as could Jones. Someone could fill in for Bonham, as he broke new ground that is now replicable. However, what Plant brought to the table - an eight octave range and a testosterone-fueled, charismatic virility - is gone. It can't be faked or duplicated. Not to put too fine a point on it, for him to prance and strut is as inappropriate as a crone in puff sleeves and stilettos.

What he does now - follow his Muse where she leads him - is altogether admirable, as disappointed as fans may feel.

I've been reading about and listening to Led Zeppelin, along with watching interviews and performances on You tube clips. It is probably not unlike the experience of someone younger who comes across the band, gets hooked on the music and curious. Absorbing forty-ish years of history compressed into a few weeks.

Still reading and listening. In my heretical opinion, Plant is right to refuse to participate in resurrecingt LZ.. Page is first and foremost a musician and if reasonably scheduled could come close to his glory days in performance, as could Jones. Someone could fill in for Bonham, as he broke new ground that is now replicable. However, what Plant brought to the table - an eight octave range and a testosterone-fueled, charismatic virility - is gone. It can't be faked or duplicated. Not to put too fine a point on it, for him to prance and strut is as inappropriate as a crone in puff sleeves and stilettos.

What he does now - follow his Muse where she leads him - is altogether admirable, as disappointed as fans may feel.

i can appreciate what you are saying about rp, virginia, but most ( if not all ) are not wanting him to do that either.

he can and does still sing very well..... see upcoming 02 movie/dvd :)

Slave to Zep, you may well be right. Let me be quick to say this is more my working theory than firmly held belief. I might be projecting my own experience of aging (I consider myself what my vet calls my eight year old dog – ‘senior, but not yet geriatric’). It's been tougher than I anticipated to accept the inevitable limitations.

Last May I visited The Getty Villa in LA's exhibit of Aphrodite-related art. My favorite objects were the embellished metal hand mirrors of beautiful former courtesans, which they dedicated to the temple of Aphrodite once their looks faded. "You grant beauty, my Queen, but creeping time withers your gift. Now since your gift has passed me by and flown away, receive, gracious Goddess, this mirror that bore witness to it."

On the hopes of fans versus singer, I can see both sides.

Joni Mitchell came through Atlanta some fifteen or so years ago. I'm a life long admirer of her music and I was thrilled. I snagged my ticket and spent the week before her concert singing Big Yellow Taxi, Woodstock and Free Man in Paris around the house and while I folded laundry and ran carpool.

The night of her performance came. She wore a swanky gown and sang melancholy covers of torch songs. As a long time fan, I was so disappointed. As a mature woman I understood why these classic songs appealed to her. As an artist I applauded her desire to sing what she felt moved to sing, not what the audience wanted. But boy, was I bummed that she didn't sing A Case of You.

I'm developing a theory about this forum. I'll admit to a little trepidation about identifying myself as the maiden in any public way. Especially on the Internet. But by a combination of whim, happenstance and luck, this is where I posted. Lo and behold, people here are not only kind, they are positively gallant.

Just sayin'.

exactly Virginia!......I've been reading here for a while but have not said anything to date. But I agree exactly with your theory. I first saw you/your character in 1981 when I saw the movie for the first time in Toronto at a theatre. You were as memorable as any part of that movie and I beleive a lot of us wondered about you every time we put in a VHS, DVD or Blue Ray disk of TSRS since then and until now. I am glad you took the chance to share your experience and let the Zep world know about you and your life. There's a lot of good folks on here who love the band. And you are a part of their history. Your pretty cool in my/our books and you can tell that by the responses of the fans. God Bless ya and your family too Virginia..cheers Rich

virginia, i was merely trying to say that i don't think many, if ANY fans want plant to "prance about " on stage. he hasn't done that for years. but he doesn't NEED to do that in order to sing zep. i have given up hoping that zep will reform, but i do think they could do it, if they desired ie the 02 show.

With me, it's a CATCH-22. I do and I don't.

My fix would be the band collaborating and creating new music without the weight of world tours looming.

The Beatles pulled this off with incredible results. (yeah, I'm dreaming)

virginia, i was merely trying to say that i don't think many, if ANY fans want plant to "prance about " on stage. he hasn't done that for years. but he doesn't NEED to do that in order to sing zep. i have given up hoping that zep will reform, but i do think they could do it, if they desired ie the 02 show.

Thanks, that makes sense. I think I've stumbled across one too many elderly, microphone-twirling guys on the Palladia channel and unfairly assumed that's what people want and expect.

I was at the O2 gig in 2007 and it was the best show I have ever seen. No Robert in an open shirt or Jimmy duckwalking across the stage in his dragon suit. Instead of conquering rock vikings, they've matured into Nordic Kings of rock. They STILL had the stage presence and energy they had back then (in my opinion) and played "the hits" that the fans wanted so much to hear (at least as many as they could in a two hour show). It was a gig done with class and sophistication and even critics of Zeppelin were won over. By all means, get the official DVD when it comes out in November!

I too have been disappointed with some of my favorite bands who continue to tour with a single original member, refuse to play the songs that made them famous or hit the stage with all the enthusiasm of painting a barn simply to make a quick buck off past glories.

As great as the O2 show was for me, I would hate to see Zeppelin go on a full scale tour and tarnish the respect they have earned. However, another "one-off" gig or two for a very special occasion would be great to give fans, who never saw them back in the day or were too young, a chance to see the greatest band I know!

Just my opinion......

I was at the O2 gig in 2007 and it was the best show I have ever seen. No Robert in an open shirt or Jimmy duckwalking across the stage in his dragon suit. Instead of conquering rock vikings, they've matured into Nordic Kings of rock. They STILL had the stage presence and energy they had back then (in my opinion) and played "the hits" that the fans wanted so much to hear (at least as many as they could in a two hour show). It was a gig done with class and sophistication and even critics of Zeppelin were won over. By all means, get the official DVD when it comes out in November!

I too have been disappointed with some of my favorite bands who continue to tour with a single original member, refuse to play the songs that made them famous or hit the stage with all the enthusiasm of painting a barn simply to make a quick buck off past glories.

As great as the O2 show was for me, I would hate to see Zeppelin go on a full scale tour and tarnish the respect they have earned. However, another "one-off" gig or two for a very special occasion would be great to give fans, who never saw them back in the day or were too young, a chance to see the greatest band I know!

Just my opinion......

Now, see, this is the beauty of a cordial and civilized exchange of views. I'll get that DVD, Stryder, and stand ready to be corrected. Thanks Mott, Fishhead, Jabe, and Slave to Zep, I too often tend to see things in black and white instead of considering the myriad possibilities in between.

I just read Stryder's post to my husband, adding, "that could work, as long as they don't do Whole Lotta Love," and he said, "unless it's an acoustic version.' Intriguing thought.