Landover, MD- Capital Centre- May 28, 1977

DavidZoso

This was the 3rd night out of 4 played in Landover, Maryland at the Capital Centre . This was the first time since the Earl's Court shows in May 1975 that Jimmy wore the Black Dragon suit except this time he added a white scarf and sun glasses.

Setlist:

The Song Remains The Same

Sick Again

Nobody's Fault But Mine

In My Time of Dying

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

Ten Years Gone

The Battle of Evermore

Going to California

Black Country Woman

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

White Summer ~ Black Mountainside

Kashmir

(Out On the Tiles intro) Moby Dick

Jimmy Page solo

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway to Heaven

Encores:

Whole Lotta Love ~ Rock and Roll

The Song Remains the Same

group54.jpg

The Song Remains the Same

528773.jpg

Nobody's Fault but Mine

largo52877-1.jpg

The Battle of Evermore

52877.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He also wore it at the first Oakland show.

(Nutrocker smacks himself upside the head for his stupidity) Of course he did! My bad...

Perhaps it's a coincidence, but IMO the shows where he wore the black suit are some of the sloppier '77 shows...this third night in Landover is easily the worst of the four...isn't this the one where Jimmy was so hammered by the end he nearly dropped the doubleneck?

• 1 month later...

(Nutrocker smacks himself upside the head for his stupidity) Of course he did! My bad...

Perhaps it's a coincidence, but IMO the shows where he wore the black suit are some of the sloppier '77 shows...this third night in Landover is easily the worst of the four...isn't this the one where Jimmy was so hammered by the end he nearly dropped the doubleneck?

Yeah apparently he just dropped it behind his head and one of the roadies caught it before it hit the ground. He also had to be carried off he was that plastered.

• 1 month later...

He only wore the black suit a couple of times in '77...this gig and one of the L.A. shows (June 25, I believe)

Great pix, as always!

Actually, I'm pretty sure he wore it on the 22nd.

• 1 month later...

Actually, I'm pretty sure he wore it on the 22nd.

You may be right (I've seen pix of Page in the black suit attributed to both June 25 and 22nd)...as I recall June 22nd is the show where Page's pants started falling down while they were playing, and may have necessitated a 'costume change'...

You may be right (I've seen pix of Page in the black suit attributed to both June 25 and 22nd)...as I recall June 22nd is the show where Page's pants started falling down while they were playing, and may have necessitated a 'costume change'...

The only shows on the 1977 tour that Jimmy wore the black dragon suit are : Largo 5-28, 1977 Los Angeles 6-22-77 Oakland 7-23-77 and at the Tempe 7-20-77 show he wore only the pants with a black t-shirt and white scarf.

• 4 months later...

landover_5-28-77_ticket_skysuite.jpg

WOW! anyone know if Walt is a poster here? I would love to know if he remembers any CCTV video shown in the Sky Box. If there was, there may be a small chance there is/was video of the Landover shows.

landover_5-28-77_ticket_skysuite.jpg

WOW! anyone know if Walt is a poster here? I would love to know if he remembers any CCTV video shown in the Sky Box. If there was, there may be a small chance there is/was video of the Landover shows.

I really think even though some people have said they don't remember the video screens working at the Led Zeppelin shows. I disagree because I have several shows from other groups from Landover in my collection and then there is this pic of the screens at the 4th and final show at Landover. Why would the test color bars even be showing if it wasn't going to be used. We know that Pontiac was filmed by the photos of men with cameras and I am sure it was taped and it is in the hands of somebody, but I think Landover -all 4 nights were filmed as well. IMO

landover-53077-c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I really think even though some people have said they don't remember the video screens working at the Led Zeppelin shows. I disagree because I have several shows from other groups from Landover in my collection and then there is this pic of the screens at the 4th and final show at Landover. Why would the test color bars even be showing if it wasn't going to be used. We know that Pontiac was filmed by the photos of men with cameras and I am sure it was taped and it is in the hands of somebody, but I think Landover -all 4 nights were filmed as well. IMO

landover-53077-c.jpg

5-30-77 was the night I was in the house. Great night. My only chance to ever see them. I was there and up close.

35bxa50.jpg

Archived