looking for a picture

joey1985

Years ago I had a yardbirds book with a picture of jimmy playing what was probably jeff beck's les paul seeing that jimmy only had his black les paul at the time and only used the tele on tour. I'm guessing Jeff ditched a gig and used becks guitar for fun or broke a string on the tele, anyway does anyone have this picture, it's the only picture i have ever seen of jimmy playing a les paul on stage before zeppelin. There might be one other in the book from the same show, I can't remeber though. Jimmy is wearing white pants and a dark colored jacket, very cool picture.

Thanks, thats not it though. This was a photo of Jimmy on stage in black and white, it could have been that same show as you picture though. I have never seen this picture before i bought the book or after I lost it. What makes it rare is he is playing a les paul and I don't believe I have ever seen him with a les paul onstage with the yardbirds or even heard of it except this picture. Thanks though Sam!

No :( I wish I still had that book and I can't find the picture anywhere, must be quite rare. Thank you though. The book is called the Yardbirds by Alan Clayson : the band that launched clapton beck and page

YESSSS thank you so much, I love that picture. That is not Jimmy"s black les paul, I think It's Jeff's because the pickgaurd looks black.I have only seen that picture in the book that I lost where did you find it? must be rare for that fact and that it is the only onstage picture of Jimmy using a les paul I have ever seen before zeppelin.

Actually I know for a fact that is Jeff's guitar. I'm guessing beck ditched a show and Jimmy either broke a string and picked up Jeff's guitar or just wanted to play it. Also Jimmy always stood on the other side of the stage. here is the same guitar with beck.

post-16167-0-18499500-1309463213_thumb.j

Archived