videos being removed

They are making it sound like they may show up again on You Tube.

Really hope so!!!!!!! With a new tour announcement!! I 'successfully' bid for 2 VIP tickets to Monday nights concert and was crushed when the bidder played me.......although not poorer, am still not happier!!!! If anything, Zepplin gave hope for a better future............God willing that will include me getting the chance to see them do what they do best..................mesmerise!!!!

The big record co.'s like Warners are utterly clueless. If they had any idea what's happening NOW, they'd understand that low-quality video and audio will only increase demand for a professionally released recording.

Yes but if they step on the bootlegs now and only a few people see/hear them, anticipation for the official release will be higher therefore sales higher. If these videos circulate the internet to millions of people over the next few months before the official release, how many sales could be lost because people don't understand the bootleg is supposed to be poor quality and the official release will be excellent....

"Why would I want to buy a DVD of that show, it sounded awful...." etc

I believe Led Zeppelin holds the copyright as writers with a controlling interest, and Superhype Publishing, Inc./Warner holds the copyright as publishers with a controlling interest.

Warner Chappell Music

( :o Holy Cow! I knew they had gotten a sweet deal on ML. 100% writers royalty? :huh: Actually, I guess it was a win-win situation; a guaranteed instant hit for a debut artist.)

Eternal Light is right. In addition, according to this Billboard article, Led Zeppelin owns the copyrights to the 'concert performance', as well. It's Led Zeppelin requesting Warner to pull the videos from YouTube on their behalf. Can we deduce from this that Warner doesn't have anything to do with the future DVD release? Do you think it will be released by the AEEF?

Led Zeppelin Live Clips Vanish From YouTube

Billboard

December 12, 2007, 3:10 PM ET

Antony Bruno, Denver

The Web has been rife with speculation about why footage from the historic Led Zeppelin reunion concert on Monday in London has been removed from YouTube.

Although Warner Music Group does have a licensing deal in place with YouTube that would allow fans to post WMG-copyrighted material, sources close to the situation say that Led Zeppelin owns the rights to the concert, and that the band's management requested the removal of any clips of the event.

It is believed a DVD of the event, which served as a tribute to late Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, will be released next year.

Fans looking to stream the clips today were greeted with a notification that the content was removed at WMG's request. WMG, and most other labels, will often take on the task of content removal requests on behalf of their artists.

i know i stayed up all night watching kashmir and such and when i got home from school today i wasnt able to see any of them! gay!

Gay? :unsure: Certainly you can come up with something a little less derogatory.

DAMN! BOLLOCKS! SHIT! PISS! FUCK! would be appropriate. :D

In addition, according to this Billboard article, Led Zeppelin owns the copyrights to the 'concert performance', as well.

I think you're getting confused here - Led Zeppelin will always own the intellectual propertly to any concert performance they give, they may, however license via agreement that performance to a third party to be released.

eg. Led Zeppelin plays o2 - they literally own the rights to the sound of that performance. They agree to allow Warners to record and distribute that sound.

In the same way, a song, as in the words and music, are owned by the songwriters, but a recording of that song in a particular studio - literally the tape on which it is recorded - is owned by the person who paid for that studio time - the record label.

Am I making sense? I dont know.....

I think you're getting confused here - Led Zeppelin will always own the intellectual propertly to any concert performance they give, they may, however license via agreement that performance to a third party to be released.

eg. Led Zeppelin plays o2 - they literally own the rights to the sound of that performance. They agree to allow Warners to record and distribute that sound.

In the same way, a song, as in the words and music, are owned by the songwriters, but a recording of that song in a particular studio - literally the tape on which it is recorded - is owned by the person who paid for that studio time - the record label.

Am I making sense? I dont know.....

Once Paul said he doesn't like to play Beatles songs, coz it means pay royalties to Michael Jackson :wacko:

There is lots of led zep stuff on there, Earls Court etc that the suits havent got too.

Hint: Think of alternative names the band used.

I deleted my video off youtube after Times Warner slapped their copyright violation on it. Yet today, the video has not only reappeared in my account, it's now playing. Maybe they've relented and are going to allow the clips.

The video is the 'Rock and Roll' video posted in the videos thread. (and my signiture)

Once Paul said he doesn't like to play Beatles songs, coz it means pay royalties to Michael Jackson :wacko:

Yes thats right, they sold their songwriting rights to MJ didnt they? I bet it was worth it though, a big lump sum of cash

even if there was a video bootleg, people would still buy the official DVD if it comes out. nothing's better than a Pro-Shot of such an unique show

and deleting YouTube videos is never going to stop bootlegs from being traded

i really don't see the point in removing the videos from YouTube

Archived