videos being removed

Jesus, imagine the shit we'd be reading if Robert missed lines, croaked notes or lip-synched. Since he didn't, I'm rather annoyed by some of the posts, decrying his vocals last night. No one expected him to sound like he did on Zep IV, but you're making it sound like he shouldn't have bothered.

And you don't know who is behind the videos getting yanked off YouTube, so don't blame the band. Like someone else said, for all you know, Google, YouTube and Warners are behind it all and the band is out of the loop. If they didn't want videos ending up online, don't you think they would have done a better job keeping them from getting in the 02? Yeah, thought so.

If there is a conspiracy right from the top to keep the bootlegs away from the fans, why have none of the threads pointing to non-YouTube sites on this, the OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin board, been deleted? Or do you think Jimmy Page was a little busy and didn't have time to come and delete all the offending threads here, because he was up searching YouTube all night?

Huh!!!! I'll put it this way. I think these guys are so out of touch that they have no idea how things are done these days. Kind of like a rock and roll George Bush.

Huh!!!! I'll put it this way. I think these guys are so out of touch that they have no idea how things are done these days. Kind of like a rock and roll George Bush.

No, what you are saying is that they have refused to do things the same way as some other 'modern' bands, and that in some way this makes them dinosaurs who don't know what's going on...

Why should Zeppelin do things as they "are done these days"? They never did things the way they were 'done' in the 70s either. Zeppelin have always been a law unto themselves and they should be embraced for that not decried for it.

The assumption that they personally have directly ordered the removal of any and all material from the internet is ridiculous. But even if they did, who would blame them for not wanting absolutely shocking quality footage and even worse audio out there, when they have gone to great effort and expense to shoot the show professionally and release it in the most appropriate form.

Let's not get into intellectual property either - the fact is the band OWN their songs and they OWN each performance of those songs. Why should anybody but the owners of a property be allowed to use it? Where does this sense of entitlement come from?

I've been posting complaints on this board since yesterday about the way we've been treated this week. This could have been a worldwide event for millions of Zep fans to enjoy. Zeppelin was always the greediest band around and they've learned nothing about the modern music buisness in their 30 years in limbo. For the most part working bands today ie: U2, The Allmans and even Cream accept the fact that they'll be broadcast and embrace the fact that people care enough to bother. The music seemed excellent last night but Robert clearly isn't up to the job. He offered little in new interpitations and reached very few high notes despite the drastic key changes. In almost every clip I've heard he makes fundemental mistakes ee. WLL extra chorus line and STH entering early in the verse before the drums start. Perhaps removing these clips is somehow tied to that. Let me be the first to say here Robert didn't put the work in. Both Pagey and Jones made adjustments for him but what I heard on WLL was pretty sad. Yes this was a great moment for what it was worth but for this band to really tour adjustments should be made. Robert Plant's abuse of his voice in his prime caused him to decline concert wise. He was a shell of himself as early as Song Remains The Same and never returned to his great early form. I saw Zep 8 times and never saw him sing really well untill his solo tours in the 80's. Too much partying. A guitarist can wake up hung over and still play great but a singer has to respect himself for the audience's sake. I saw both The Who and Zep in the same week at msg and Daltrey put Plant to shame. I still see this as a good start if they wish to tour $$$$$ but Robert and the band need to give some love back to their fans.

No, what you are saying is that they have refused to do things the same way as some other 'modern' bands, and that in some way this makes them dinosaurs who don't know what's going on...

Why should Zeppelin do things as they "are done these days"? They never did things the way they were 'done' in the 70s either. Zeppelin have always been a law unto themselves and they should be embraced for that not decried for it.

The assumption that they personally have directly ordered the removal of any and all material from the internet is ridiculous. But even if they did, who would blame them for not wanting absolutely shocking quality footage and even worse audio out there, when they have gone to great effort and expense to shoot the show professionally and release it in the most appropriate form.

Let's not get into intellectual property either - the fact is the band OWN their songs and they OWN each performance of those songs. Why should anybody but the owners of a property be allowed to use it? Where does this sense of entitlement come from?

Hey I said it's their right to do as you please. Would you have liked to see the show broadcast last night? Have you watched these poor quality videos or are you waiting for the authorized ones? The only reason why I care about this is because I think their as great as The Beatles, Stones or any band ever. I imagine that if Jimmy Page really understood this age, what he represents and the difficult world average people live in today he would have hooked us up. This could have been the greatest thing since "All You Need is Love" live!

Just a thought but to my mind last night wasnt about zep making money or setting themselves up for a big bucks world tour which lets face it they dont really need, maybe it was as it was billed, a tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, as far as i see zep just played their part in that tribute without really making as much out of it as they seriously could have done.

Its intellectual property rights man. You can't broadcast stuff for free. Its the same reason Prince is having all of his bootleg music taken down. The same concept as not being able to sell prints of someone else's art. The same concept as the writers strike in Hollywood. You wanna publish shows that they wrote on the internet. You gotta pay them a fair share for the usage. The same concept as not cheating artists by downloading their music illegally without paying them. Just because someone captured images or video on their cell phone doesn't give them the right to publish it. You can look at it all you want in your own home. I'm sure somewhere it said no photography or video allowed during the performance also.

The Telegraph reported that Led Zeppelin record sales skyrocketed 500 percent the day after the concert.

That's hilarious. Sales went up over 500 percent and they are worried about someone watching a crappy cell phone video for free.

Yeah, I know its the "law" but give us fans who have gave you millions of our hard earned dollars all of these years so you record execs can live in a fine mansion, fly in private jets and snort the rest of it up your nose, a freaking break.

Personally, I find it a bit funny that it's Warner Bros that are removing Youtube vids from 02.....yet this site...the official Led Zep site....has allowed links to them...and many other filehosting sites, yet the links to any Zep site having anything to do w/ boots are strictly forbidden. <_<

Is there a double standard? Will they ask this site to remove links as well?

Personally, I find it a bit funny that it's Warner Bros that are removing Youtube vids from 02.....yet this site...the official Led Zep site....has allowed links to them...and many other filehosting sites, yet the links to any Zep site having anything to do w/ boots are strictly forbidden. <_<

Is there a double standard? Will they ask this site to remove links as well?

The irony is that if an official DVD were released I dont think anyone would not buy it because they previously viewed a lousy version on youtube

Sorry but I'm going to have to call BS on that one. The only possible reason for pulling the video's would be to stave off any financial losses.

that's right, because they have the power to do so.

if you change the laws, then they don't have that power, and then you could watch the videos.

the very nature of a business is to make money.

what I'm saying is that there needs to be a law that stuff like this is allowable, which prevents companies from doing this, especially since the videos are personal property.

I've been posting complaints on this board since yesterday about the way we've been treated this week. This could have been a worldwide event for millions of Zep fans to enjoy. Zeppelin was always the greediest band around and they've learned nothing about the modern music buisness in their 30 years in limbo. For the most part working bands today ie: U2, The Allmans and even Cream accept the fact that they'll be broadcast and embrace the fact that people care enough to bother. The music seemed excellent last night but Robert clearly isn't up to the job. He offered little in new interpitations and reached very few high notes despite the drastic key changes. In almost every clip I've heard he makes fundemental mistakes ee. WLL extra chorus line and STH entering early in the verse before the drums start. Perhaps removing these clips is somehow tied to that. Let me be the first to say here Robert didn't put the work in. Both Pagey and Jones made adjustments for him but what I heard on WLL was pretty sad. Yes this was a great moment for what it was worth but for this band to really tour adjustments should be made. Robert Plant's abuse of his voice in his prime caused him to decline concert wise. He was a shell of himself as early as Song Remains The Same and never returned to his great early form. I saw Zep 8 times and never saw him sing really well untill his solo tours in the 80's. Too much partying. A guitarist can wake up hung over and still play great but a singer has to respect himself for the audience's sake. I saw both The Who and Zep in the same week at msg and Daltrey put Plant to shame. I still see this as a good start if they wish to tour $$$$$ but Robert and the band need to give some love back to their fans.

Ouch! A little harsh, yes?

Its intellectual property rights man. You can't broadcast stuff for free. Its the same reason Prince is having all of his bootleg music taken down. The same concept as not being able to sell prints of someone else's art. The same concept as the writers strike in Hollywood. You wanna publish shows that they wrote on the internet. You gotta pay them a fair share for the usage. The same concept as not cheating artists by downloading their music illegally without paying them. Just because someone captured images or video on their cell phone doesn't give them the right to publish it. You can look at it all you want in your own home. I'm sure somewhere it said no photography or video allowed during the performance also.

For alot of people though, It's not a matter of not wanting to pay for an artists work.

Many people couldn't be there who would have VERY GLADLY paid to attend or to watch from afar the show on Monday but were 'shut out' from it completely.

I know there are reasons for this. & I know it was a charity gig.

but it WAS advertised to the public. How can people be expected to just ignore it?

The tribute could have just been a private charity afair for an elite crowd of wealthy people if that's what was wanted.

Personally I don't like the quality of these Youtube clips but what else is there?

You can't blame people for trying to get hold of them.

Why does YouTube hate Led Zeppelin fans?!

Youtube is owned by Google and the search enging giants aint in the

"we love Led Zepppelin business",there are laws in place to protect intellectual property,laws by the way which Google themselves greatly benefit from

It is a drag how difficult it can be to get tickets to see shows. I remember Creams reunion a couple of years ago that I tried to get tickets for when they played Madison Sq. Garden. Virtually impossible. I saw Zeppelin for the first time in 1969 when they played here in Flushing, NY at the old Worlds Fair grounds in the NY State pavilion . It was kind of an indoor/outdoor show as the pavilion had no sides. Only columns. Back then you just went and got tickets. Not a big freaking deal like it is today. I think I paid about $7 for them. Second time I saw them was at Madison Square Garden. Robert Plant threatened to stop the show because some jackass was throwing cherry bombs from the upper deck that were exploding mid air probably not too far from the crowd below. Incredibly dangerous. That was in the early seventies when the nature of the crowds at concerts started to change for the worse. The sixties mentality was disappearing.

It is a drag how difficult it can be to get tickets to see shows. I remember Creams reunion a couple of years ago that I tried to get tickets for when they played Madison Sq. Garden. Virtually impossible. I saw Zeppelin for the first time in 1969 when they played here in Flushing, NY at the old Worlds Fair grounds in the NY State pavilion . It was kind of an indoor/outdoor show as the pavilion had no sides. Only columns. Back then you just went and got tickets. Not a big freaking deal like it is today. I think I paid about $7 for them. Second time I saw them was at Madison Square Garden. Robert Plant threatened to stop the show because some jackass was throwing cherry bombs from the upper deck that were exploding mid air probably not too far from the crowd below. Incredibly dangerous. That was in the early seventies when the nature of the crowds at concerts started to change for the worse. The sixties mentality was disappearing.

Hey sinbad, great post, man. Which MSG gig were you at? If it was the 9/19/70 show, there are some FANTASTIC recordings of that floating around and it might well be one of their best shows ever.

Also, what the fuck was with your generation and t hose damn firecrackers!!?? For the life of me, I have never understood that.

Wow- you remind me -I remember trying to get tickets for that Cream reunion at The Albert Hall.

They were like gold dust. They were going for about £800.00 per ticket on Ebay.

Even getting tickets for David Gilmour recently was a nightmare.

You're right, things did used to be a whole lot easier.

It wasn't my crowd with the firecrackers. It seemed me that it was a second wave of concert goers who me and my friends did not like so much. The "Woodstock generation" feelings were disappearing and a lot of assholes were showing up at concerts behaving in ways that we would never have. My biggest recallection of the Flushing concert was Jimmy page bringing out the bow to play his guitar with. Not sure which date the Madison Sq. garden show was. I gotta try to find my old ticket stubs. I saved alot of them but have not been able to locate them recently. Gonna look harder. Some live shows: Ten Years After, Cat Stevens, Jefferson Airplane (free concert on the football field at Stony Brook University. A friend of mine handed Grace Slick a joint on stage), The Dead of course, Moody Blues (Timothy Leary jumped up on stage), Grand Funk Railroad, Traffic, Jethro Tull and more. I missed the Doors at Madison Sq. My friends went but for some reason that I can't remember I did not go. Still not happy about that.

Here's one for you. I had tickets for Cream at Stony Brook. The place is humming with anticipation. This is right when they were their hottest. A guy gets up on stage and announces that 'Due to an illness in Jack Bruce Cream will not be here tonight'. I can only imagine what the 'illness' was. So we got to hear the Vanilla Fudge. Can you image the Vanilla Fudge instead of Cream. I'm still pissed off. They owed me a ticket to the reunion goddammit.

Archived