Plaster Caster vs. Led Zeppeling

Hello and welcome,

I found this on Wikipedia, and deleted some choice words: "Cole is also mentioned in one of the deleted scenes from the documentary Plaster Caster. In this scene, Cynthia Plaster Caster recalls two experiences with him. While trying to obtain a casting for her collection, she is asked to give Robert Plant >>>>>and at some point Richard Cole >>>>>on her. On another occasion she states that he chases her through a hotel and she is able to escape, but she insinuates that he may subsequently have been involved with the whipping of her friend named >>>>>" .

10. What was the incident that occurred in a hotel room with Led Zeppelin?

They were horrible. Some, not all. The fame went to their heads. Rather than embrace groupies, they raped and pillaged their way across America. Not all of the band, it was mostly John [bonham], Robert [Plant], and their road manager Richard [Cole].

http://www.doors.com/magazine/plastercaster.html

Livewire: I read that before you temporarily quit your profession as penis caster / groupie in the '70s that you had a violent hotel room experience with Led Zeppelin. Could you explain what happened?

Cynthia: Yeah, but you know what? I'm kind of reserving that for my book. It's juicy, doll!

Livewire: But was that incident with Zeppelin what made you throw in the groupie towel, at least for awhile?

Cynthia: Let's just say that it made me much more cautious about going into strange men's hotel rooms.

http://www.concertlivewire.com/interviews/cynthia.htm

Carli — I read the passage in Pamela Des Barnes' book I'm With the Band about how one of the casters was in a tub full of baked beans with a Led Zeppelin member. Did that really happen?

Plastercaster — Oh that ain't true. I think that rumor came from Hammer of the Gods, and that's not true. But I did have a horrible experience with Led Zeppelin. I can't go into more detail because I am saving it for my book, my autobiography. But it was the most horrible experience I ever had. I was wary for awhile after that.

Carli — Were they misogynists?

Plastercaster — No, not all of them. Just the ones that were involved: John Bonham, Richard Cole and Robert Plant. They were really famous: It had gone to their heads.

http://sobs.org/chilocal/plastercaster/index.html

Right; Pamela Des Barres highlighted this fact in her VH1 Rock Docs documentary, "Let's spend the night togerher...." when introducing the Plaster Caster segment.

According to the book by Richard Cole Cynthia Plaster Caster got called "A fat chick"by Robert, and then got thrown into a swimming pool by Bonzo.

Since this book is not entirely accurate it is open to discussion what really might have happened, I guess nobody here knows.

10. What was the incident that occurred in a hotel room with Led Zeppelin?

They were horrible. Some, not all. The fame went to their heads. Rather than embrace groupies, they raped and pillaged their way across America. Not all of the band, it was mostly John [bonham], Robert [Plant], and their road manager Richard [Cole].

http://www.doors.com...stercaster.html

Livewire: I read that before you temporarily quit your profession as penis caster / groupie in the '70s that you had a violent hotel room experience with Led Zeppelin. Could you explain what happened?

Cynthia: Yeah, but you know what? I'm kind of reserving that for my book. It's juicy, doll!

Livewire: But was that incident with Zeppelin what made you throw in the groupie towel, at least for awhile?

Cynthia: Let's just say that it made me much more cautious about going into strange men's hotel rooms.

http://www.concertli...ews/cynthia.htm

Carli — I read the passage in Pamela Des Barnes' book I'm With the Band about how one of the casters was in a tub full of baked beans with a Led Zeppelin member. Did that really happen?

Plastercaster — Oh that ain't true. I think that rumor came from Hammer of the Gods, and that's not true. But I did have a horrible experience with Led Zeppelin. I can't go into more detail because I am saving it for my book, my autobiography. But it was the most horrible experience I ever had. I was wary for awhile after that.

Carli — Were they misogynists?

Plastercaster — No, not all of them. Just the ones that were involved: John Bonham, Richard Cole and Robert Plant. They were really famous: It had gone to their heads.

http://sobs.org/chil...ster/index.html

I'm very sorry to read about the Plaster Caster's experiences with the band. She is the first and only woman who (at least as far as I've read) has called Robert a misogynist. The first and the only. Every other woman I've met who spent any amount of time with Robert (even during his "hell raising" years with LZ) describes him so differently - the complete opposite of how the Plaster Caster depicts him. And Bonzo, yes, he did engage in certain sorts of destructive behavior when he was drinking heavily but I never heard any tales of him hurting a young woman/girl fan. Some women who knew him when they were young fans describe him as an "older brother" type of guy. I don't think John could have been a misogynist either as I can't imagine how that would have fit in with the strong and loving relationship he had with Pat. Again, I'm sorry if Plaster has had the experiences she describes but they were in no way typical of how Robert and John treated young women.

Yes, that seems very out of character for both Robert and Bonzo (despite the few stories we've all heard regarding Bonzo's behavior when drunk). Hmmm... Neither of them seem like misogynists at all. Maybe they were having an "off" day? I wonder what led them to act like that.

FYI: Under Richard Cole's Wikipedia page it says this, regarding Plaster Caster: "Cole is also mentioned in one of the deleted scenes from the documentary Plaster Caster. In this scene, Cynthia Plaster Caster recalls two experiences with him. While trying to obtain a casting for her collection, she is asked to give Robert Plant fellatio and at some point Richard Cole urinates on her. On another occasion she states that he chases her through a hotel and she is able to escape, but she insinuates that he may subsequently have been involved with the whipping of her friend named Harlo."

Robert Plant seems to have stayed VERY grounded.

How much weight should you give to wild tales told by ex prostitutes who are looking to make money from talking about famous people in their books?

If something so terrible was done to her, why didn't she call the police? Either it didn't happen that way, or whatever might have happened to her was not really so terrible.

People like that have zero credibility in my opinion.

EXCELLENT point! Thank you!

How much weight should you give to wild tales told by ex prostitutes who are looking to make money from talking about famous people in their books?

Ah, but were they 'prostitutes'? As in, did they charge for their services? I thought most of 'em were just over-zealous fans, or starfuckers with a mania for collecting.

They might also have been prostitutes on the side, but I wouldn't class groupies as prostitutes per se.

I don't nor would I ever condone violence or mistreatment of women, but, I don't have much sympathy for those that willingly put themselves in situations where they are susceptible to that type of behaviour.

All the same they do deserve to feel and remain safe in any environment no matter what their "profession" is.

BTT.

Richard Cole is hardly a reliable source of information given all the drugs etcetera he consumed back in the day and today everyone want "to write a tell all book" to set the record straight.

Yeah right!

More like "show me the money"!?

I have heard numerous tales concerning Cynthia Plaster Caster and her profession but I was wondering if anyone knew the real story and what actually happened when she encountered Led Zeppelin, I know it wasn't pretty.

Whats the story?

I wasn't there, I don't know 'the story'. But since there were no arrests, civil lawsuits, etc. all that I would consider 'the incident' to be is a story. The kind of story that sells books and gives fame whores the two seconds of notoriety that they're looking for. Spreading nasty rumors about a band that I've dug for many years isn't why I am here and reading your follow-ups, it doesn't sound like why you joined the board either 'LoveinHerEyes5789'so I say welcome to the board, welcome!

If something so terrible was done to her, why didn't she call the police? Either it didn't happen that way, or whatever might have happened to her was not really so terrible.

People like that have zero credibility in my opinion.

Finally !!!!!! :D

Sometimes the high status they receive reminds me of how messed up things are in so many peoples' minds.

To prostitute oneself it does not require the exchange of money.

True, if one steps outside the current commonly acknowledged meaning of the word. In which case, prostitution doesn't actually require the exchange of sex.

Ultimately, to varying degrees, we are ALL prostitutes.

Two strangers, a man and a woman were sitting next to each other on a plane and the in flight movie was Indecent Proposal.

When the movie finished the bloke asked the woman if she would have sex for a million dollars and she said, "hell yeah!"

He paused for a moment and then asked her if she would do it for $20 and with shocked look on her face she answered "NO, what kind of girl do you think I am!"

He then said, "We've already established that, now we're just haggling over price."

Two strangers, a man and a woman were sitting next to each other on a plane and the in flight movie was Indecent Proposal.

When the movie finished the bloke asked the woman if she would have sex for a million dollars and she said, "hell yeah!"

He paused for a moment and then asked her if she would do it for $20 and with shocked look on her face she answered "NO, what kind of girl do you think I am!"

He then said, "We've already established that, now we're just haggling over price."

Good one! How things change when it comes down to money!

To prostitute oneself it does not require the exchange of money. How is exchanging sex for fame or notoriety any different than from being a prostitute? And what of the groupies that were willing to have sex with a half a dozen roadies just to get an inside shot at being "with the band"?

Cheers,

Brad

Agreed. I hate it when I see interviews with groupies and they claim that they are with the musicians because of the music. Yeah, sure. That is exactly what the musicians are thinking while they are receiving BJ's and having one night stands with them. It's all about the music. One the side of the groupies, it doesn't have anything to do with the fame, money and the attention they receive from the bands. On the side of the bands, it doesn't have anything to do with free and easy sex.

Archived