the all new conspiracy theory thread

slave to zep

here's a list i found on the net, it's got a few light-hearted comments.

http://www.manolith....-theories-ever/

i watched a show about the bilderbergs the other night, :o sure hope that one is B.S.

There's a good examination of the Bilderberg Group in Jon Ronson's book 'Them', which is a damn good read. See here, which features a 46-page extract.

Like I posted on another thread, today's conspiracy theory is tomorrow's news headline.

Chemtrails for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZKgnwAgZbY&feature=related

You used to have to go out of your way in the web to find stories about them, usually from blogs or from other extreme viewpoint websites. Not anymore, it's main stream news now. The CBS Atlanta affiliate should be classified as "main stream" don't you think?

The woman being interviewed cites multiple vapor trails and exclaims "like how can you not look up and see what's going on!"

It's called an airport you freaking dolt!! :slapface:

Which is why people laugh off such things. My point though was that these theories are now in the mainstream where as before they were confined to blogs and YouTube.

You used to have to go out of your way in the web to find stories about them, usually from blogs or from other extreme viewpoint websites. Not anymore, it's main stream news now. The CBS Atlanta affiliate should be classified as "main stream" don't you think?

No I don't. Local news affiliates are the BANE of any sane news organization. They are frequently as bad as the Weekly World News and the National Enquirer, or Rupert Murdoch's fleet of Fleet Street rags.

In America, the network's (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) local affiliates are where you'll find paid propaganda from drug companies masquerading as medical news, where every other story will be either a robbery or a child abducted or some kind of animal story. Any important issue(war, the budget deficit, health care) will only get the most superficial coverage...if it gets covered at all.

I mean, why cover Congress when you can do another exposé on breast implants, which gives them another chance to ogle boobs.

Sweeps-weeks are the worst...sex,sex,sex...any excuse to show nearly nude women gets top-priority over actual "news". Oh, and stories promoting the network's own shows. Therefore, the CBS affiliates will do stories on CSI, ABC on Grey's Anatomy, and so on.

Local news tv is also where you find those ridiculous weather segments. For the weather, local tv either recruits a wanna-be comic, or they peel the local blonde off the stripper-pole.

So, no...I don't consider the Atlanta CBS affiliate a reputable mainstream news organization like the BBC, Wall St. Journal, New York Times, LA Times, Times of London, the Economist, and a few others.

Well with all due respect, what you described are my local news affiliates in podunk USA where I live. Your criteria also would follow the major metropolitan network affiliates as well then? I used to live and work in NYC and would watch the local affiliates there and I never got that "this is pure local garbage" like you posted. Of course, that was years ago so maybe it's changed.

I'm of the opinion that the local affiliates don't cover national news because the networks are supposed to. They don't even come close to doing that. I'm not sure they ever did really.

isn't it weird how that looks! i was very surprised to see a pic of a dollar bill showing a minute owl drawn on it.

I don't see that at all. I think it's supposed to be the twin towers. Anyway, I've got another one for anyone out there:

Look at the back of an American ten dollar bill. Now, to the right of the statue on the steps of the treasury building do you see the hitchhiker with his thumb out? Looking for a yes or no response to this question before I proceed further.

I don't see that at all. I think it's supposed to be the twin towers. Anyway, I've got another one for anyone out there:

Look at the back of an American ten dollar bill. Now, to the right of the statue on the steps of the treasury building do you see the hitchhiker with his thumb out? Looking for a yes or no response to this question before I proceed further.

have a close look on the link i posted. ^^ it's there. ( not the pic that stairwayremainsthesame posted )

i don't have an american ten dollar bill to look at.

The narrator says "...even though Denver already had a functioning airport, a new one was built..." :blink:

is that not true? i think the previous denver airport was stapleton aiport. till 1995, when the new one opened.

If you convince me the overhead view of Denver Airport at 1:32 of clip resembles a swastika (as alleged) I'll eat my own shit.

start eating, i think it does look a bit like a swastika, though i don't necessarily think it was intentional.

Archived