Local feeding habits.

reswati

Hi SD,all,

That's all I have! :D

KB(come on over!)

We may be quite a distance from each other. Well, look in your local supermarket or better yet a specialty market to get a good one. You won't be disappointed. :munchies:

Home grown tomatoes, preferably Hanover. The best summer food ever. :)

Ah.. Virginia. You're speaking my language! I'm growing around 35-45 tomato plants in my backyard. Several varieties, from heirloom, hybrids, to cherries. Give lots to my family and neighbors. I eat them with my homegrown cukes three time a day.

Pole beans, peppers, eggplant, squash, and more I grow in my backyard veggie garden. But tomatoes are at the summit.

what a coincidence that you guys are talking about tomatoes!

i just bought a new ( to me, anyway ) kind. they are called kumato. dark green almost black in colour. the taste is stronger than the usual kind, sort of how i remember tomatoes tasting when i was a kid.

Ah.. Virginia. You're speaking my language! I'm growing around 35-45 tomato plants in my backyard. Several varieties, from heirloom, hybrids, to cherries. Give lots to my family and neighbors. I eat them with my homegrown cukes three time a day.

Pole beans, peppers, eggplant, squash, and more I grow in my backyard veggie garden. But tomatoes are at the summit.

Yep, we have the beans and squash too...yummy!! We're freezing a lot of the beans/squash now, and doing a lot of grilled summer veggies:

Cut up fresh yellow and zucchini squash; onion; mixed peppers (can add eggplant too)

Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and fresh rosemary

Grill in a pan on the grill until done/beginning to brown.

YUM!! :D

(I keep trying to like eggplant, but it just isn't happening. I think I've tried it every way imagineable too :( )

Hi all,

We may be quite a distance from each other. Well, look in your local supermarket or better yet a specialty market to get a good one. You won't be disappointed. :munchies:

Hey SD(the dreaded Oxford comma!) :P

I have tried many mustards,Boar's Head makes a very good pungent German mustard.

Speaking of tomatoes,grow some Roma.The make the the best sauce!Manga! ;)

KB

And yes they are even a quality company with "all fresh ingredients" nothing is ever frozen.

Isn't that Wendy's?

I worked there in high school--nothing was ever frozen, and they had a produce truck deliver produce every day.

Isn't that Wendy's?

I worked there in high school--nothing was ever frozen, and they had a produce truck deliver produce every day.

Wendy's are very rare over here, and I don't even know whether they still have a UK presence. The only ones I ever saw were when I was at university in London in the 80s. Their burgers were very nice, if a little insubstantial. But we only really have McD & BK. For what they are, I think BK burgers are pretty good.

The only really good fast burgers in the UK are from independent grill takeaways. There was an outstanding one in my hometown, which closed down years ago and was relaunched as yet another fucking kebab house :angry:. My other favourite was in Streatham, Sarf London - a very dangerous place to hang around after dark, but the burgers were worth the intimidation from the local racist scum.

This is what most people over here eat when they've been out on the piss:

2575918078_77e5f0c33d.jpg

which is made from this crap:

doner-kebab-1-DHD.jpg

I must admit I occasionally grab one of these vile concoctions, but I went many years without eating them after a very disturbing episode. I was waiting to order one, but when the server was slicing off the 'meat' for the guy in front of me, a load of maggots came pouring out from inside the meat tube :blink:

This is what most people over here eat when they've been out on the piss:

2575918078_77e5f0c33d.jpg

which is made from this crap:

doner-kebab-1-DHD.jpg

I must admit I occasionally grab one of these vile concoctions, but I went many years without eating them after a very disturbing episode. I was waiting to order one, but when the server was slicing off the 'meat' for the guy in front of me, a load of maggots came pouring out from inside the meat tube :blink:

Well Bouillon, maggots are pure protein so whats the problem? :o

Kind Regards, Danny

Good lord Man! I really feel for you guys who have to eat burgers at large chain places. Over here there are BILLIONS of McD, BK, Wendy's, Carl's Jr, Sonic, Rally's and all of the CRAP. And Billions of people eat them... but they all suck. I used to think Carl's Jr was the best of the "low end" burger places. I hear that Wendy's is better, and that may be so because now I hate Carl's Jr. since they have began to 'assemble' your burger from pre cooked ingredients. Really nasty! And there is also a language barrier here in SoCal at many of these places, so they nearly always get your order wrong.:(

The best burgers are small indie joints usually owned by Greek guys named: Nick, Pete, Jim and George. :D

I have been to a couple of really good burger joints in London. The one that I like most is Byron on High Street Kensington, near Jimmy's place. wink.gif

the breakfast of champions.....................

crunge.jpg

:)

Damn straight!

I've collected almost enough bonus guitar picks (pointwise) included within the cereal for the Les Paul you can order off the back of the box.

This is the best post ever by you ole boy. Does this box really exist?

If it did Silver i would be eating them, i guess i will have to make do with "Claptons Cornflakes the Slow Br(H)and of Breakfast Cereals", and they are as Bland as Claptons Guitar Playing. :o;):lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

Prissy Polly's is a great BBQ place in the area I'm currently residing in that makes FANTASTIC North Carolina-style barbecue. It's very vinegary and has a mustard base as opposed to tomato base. Their pulled pork sandwich is to die for. Considering how packed the place is every time I drive by it, the prices are relatively cheap. They could get away with charging more, but thankfully they don't.

Archived