Jimmy Page jamming with Bad Company-Central Park, New York September 24, 1974

DavidZoso

Jimmy Page joins Bad Company for an encore of Rock Me Baby at a concert in New York's Central Park on September 4, 1974. I edited the date here but couldn't do it for the topic above. I was going by the date that was given from another site but I believe MadScreamingGallery about it being the 4th.

jp19740924_02.jpg

jp19740924_09.jpg

jp19740924_01.jpg

jp19740924_07.jpg

jp19740924_04.jpg

jp19740924_08.jpg

jp19740924_05.jpg

jp19740924_03.jpg

jp19740924_06.jpg

Hi DavidZoso,

Thanks for the photos.

I was at that show and the date was September 4...I remember it was a Labor Day weekend, as we weren't back in school yet.

It was a Foghat concert for the Schaefer Music fest in the park and Bad Company was opening for them. I remember we had to work for tickets at the last minute, once we heard Jimmy and Peter were in town. We sat on the boulders, toward the back, under the trees and when Jimmy came out the entire audience went wild - and we scrambled to get up front.

Jimmy Page joins Bad Company for an encore of Rock Me Baby at a concert in New York's Central Park on September 24, 1974.

jp19740924_04.jpg

jp19740924_03.jpg

jp19740924_06.jpg

Hi DavidZoso,

Thanks for the photos.

I was at that show and the date was September 4...I remember it was a Labor Day weekend, as we weren't back in school yet.

It was a Foghat concert for the Schaefer Music fest in the park and Bad Company was opening for them. I remember we had to work for tickets at the last minute, once we heard Jimmy and Peter were in town. We sat on the boulders, toward the back, under the trees and when Jimmy came out the entire audience went wild - and we scrambled to get up front.

I went back to edit the date but couldn't do it for the headline-topic-sorry. <_< But it was at Central Park though?

I went back to edit the date but couldn't do it for the headline-topic-sorry. <_< But it was at Central Park though?

Yes, it was at Central Park - the Schaefer (NY beer) Music festival was held there every summer, at the Wollman Rink - different bands playing almost every week throughout the summer.

Hi,DavidZoso,thank you for sharing these wonderful photos with us.Some of them are new to me. :thanku:

It's wonderful for you to have attended such a concert,MSG! :D

Yes, it was wonderful, Alice! :D As many times as I had seen Jimmy before with LZ, it was still such a thrilling, spectacular moment when he came out on stage. These photos are great - I sent one of my friends who was at the show with me over here last night so she could see them too. :)

• 1 year later...

I was at that show. Remember it well. The place was packed. We had tickets for Foghat, Bad Co was added at the last minute, sort of. Bad Co opened and was great, I think their first album was pretty new at the time. The crowd loved them. They brought Jimmy out for the encore and the crowd went nuts. I remember Paul Rodgers, making a comment like "ah, common, he's not that good". Foghat was great as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took that photo!!!!!!!!!!

I obviously was there too and in a few days I'll scan some and post.

Where did you get it from? Steve Hoffman forum?

It was being sold on ebay. I actually cropped it from the picture. This may have been in the early spring.

It's a great picture. :)

Thanks for the info.

Bummer. I guess I have to stop being so nice and put my name on pictures I post on the web from now on except for small giffs

It was being sold on ebay. I actually cropped it from the picture. This may have been in the early spring.

It's a great picture. :)

Archived