The Talk is back.....

ledzepfilm

This is a non circulation rumor, so no link is necessary.

My friend Pat Sommers (Who has recorded with Ace and Roger Daltrey), told me this.

He knows an engineer who has worked with many rock bands, and told him this.

Since Band of Joy is not going too well for Plant (ticket sales are low), the band is thinking of doing a reunion(including Plant), but not just a oneoff. One in every major city around the world. Like, one at the Garden, one at the LA Forum, etc. This is secret information, so don't really share it too much. But since we are all Led Heads here, I had to share this.

I would be surprised if this actually happened.

This is a non circulation rumor, so no link is necessary.

My friend Pat Sommers (Who has recorded with Ace and Roger Daltrey), told me this.

He knows an engineer who has worked with many rock bands, and told him this.

Since Band of Joy is not going too well for Plant (ticket sales are low), the band is thinking of doing a reunion(including Plant), but not just a oneoff. One in every major city around the world. Like, one at the Garden, one at the LA Forum, etc. This is secret information, so don't really share it too much. But since we are all Led Heads here, I had to share this.

I would be surprised if this actually happened.

Okay, lets say that by some strange "stars are aligned "crap that is true...than it better not interfere with Page's website, cause I'm interested in that right now.

I'll believe this the day the New York Yankees cut their payroll! :P

Okay, lets say that by some strange "stars are aligned "crap that is true...than it better not interfere with Page's website, cause I'm interested in that right now.

Well, at least let the countdown finish and see what the site is all about first! :slapface:

:lol: to SuperDave

@ Johnnybegoode - I think Page's site will be up before any of this happens if it ever does. Hopefully it will be here by ATLEAST 2012.

@tomkid- Honesty I am 40% that this will happen. You never know though.

@tomkid- Honesty I am 40% that this will happen. You never know though.

In other words, it's a 60% chance of it not happening. How good is your source and what kind of specifics did they provide?

Not sure, why I am asking this as there have been so many of these over the years, that were just rumors thrown in the air that amounted to nil.

I got it directly from Pat Sommers, who is a very close friend of mine and recorded with Ace and Daltrey, and also played a few gigs with Joan Jett. who was told by a sound engineer who recorded some famous bands, The specifics? All I heard was what I posted. There are no exact dates, I never heard of them rehearsing now. If the rumor is true, it's in planning stages. I am seeing Pat tommorow, I will ask the questions and I'll post the answers here.

If you have more questions after I see him tommorow, I will likely be seeing him Thursday, and definitely Friday and Sunday. I see him weekly.

Very dubious, at best. A guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who says Zeppelin is reuniting...

And the rationale makes no sense. Band of Joy's ticket sales are low, so Robert feels the need to get Zeppelin together? I don't see how A leads to B. Does Robert strike you as the kind of guy who really cares about ticket sales, popular opinion, or how things look? He does what he wants. And he's shown repeatedly that the one thing he does NOT want is a Zep reunion.

As they say in behavioral circles - the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. Robert's not wanted a reunion in 31 years, he's not going to want one now because Band of Joy isn't selling out halls.

Uh, Band of Joy has been playing all over to outstanding press & reviews, they played Bonaroo, MerleFest and Wannee Festival, they are touring Europe, have toured USA twice, I saw them in a packed sold out theatre.

Band of Joy has been a success all around.

This is 100% BS.

This is 100% BS.

Agreed. Until I hear anything that tells me Plant wants to take part in it, I will not believe it.

Or if they release an official statement on it saying they are touring.

There's a better chance that Sarah Palin will win the Nobel Prize in Chemistry than there is of Led Zeppelin getting back together for any reason, at any time.

So I'm going to have to call bullspit on this particular rumor.

I have to agree with feather in the wind, why all this negativity? These rumours have been circulating for years now and I can understand that fans are getting fed up with rumours, but one should never stop wishing for this to happen. Maybe Robert will change his mind, maybe he won't. Either way is fine with me. He will follow his heart, not his pocket as he always did so far. Kudos to you Robert for standing up for your opinion :D , ole rebel^^ As for me, I will not stop hoping for it to happen..

Why all the negativity? For one, there's a huge difference between negativity and being realistic. I fall into the latter category. For another, the initial post in this thread is so full of holes that I wouldn't even know where to begin when dissecting it.

I wouldn't call this negativity. Negativity would be saying you hope it doesn't happen because you think they suck or something. This is more realistic than anything else. The more time passes, the less likely it becomes that this will happen, regardless of the rumors.

There's a better chance that Sarah Palin will win the Nobel Prize in Chemistry than there is of Led Zeppelin getting back together for any reason, at any time.

I wouldn't go THAT far!

Well call it whatever you like..But being realistic isn't always nice u know. None of you sit in Robert's head, none of you play a part in his or either of the other member's lives so none of you know what they're pondering over at the moment. This seems to be a fan-disease that everyone should know everything apart from the actual former members themselves. Neither you nor me have any clue what's going on behind closed doors, so giving up hope is pretty darn daft. What's left when u give up hope? :huh: I'm not having a go at anyone, just stating my opinion ;)

Archived