The Talk is back.....

ledzepfilm

Furthermore I hope that one day they will reunite just to prove you lot wrong :rolleyes: We know that Robert never does what people expect of him so there u go. Never give up hope..

I'm not giving up hope, it's just that that any post that includes "I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who..." (or any variation thereof) is immediately suspect, not to mention the other misinformation in the first post in this thread such as Plant's tour suffering from poor sales (not true).

I would never tell someone to give up hope, but I'm going to have to join in with the reality group on this one. I haven't, and this is just my personal observation so in no way fact, seen anything that would indicate Robert Plant is even considering a move back toward Zepp. And if you take his quote from the Spirit Award he received recently, " I can still do it, and I'm doing it in a much more interesting and dynamic environment to any one I've been in before - ever," Plant told reporters before his set, after he accepted the festival's Spirit award. "This is my moment, really. And I had to wait until I was 62 to catch it"...

At the same time, it wouldn't be the first time he said one thing and then turned around and did something totally opposite...but the Band of Joy sales comment was way off the mark. It was in the top 20 grossing tours of last year according to Rolling Stone and has had multiple concerts this year that sold out, including the above mentioned concert in Montreal when he received the Spirit Award.

It's not about getting facts right for goodness sake. I don't think that Robert would consider doing a tour with Zep just because his latest tour didn't do well (regardless of whether it's true or not), it happens when he feels it's the right time, when that is is for none of us to decide. Maybe it never will, maybe it will tomorrow, you never know. Anyway it doesn't matter, pessimism don't get anyone anywhere. We'll just have to keep our eyes and ears open and hope for the best, end of story..:D Naivety is a wonderful thing sometimes B)

why all ther negativity?, let's wait and keep an open mind, it could happen, unless one of YOU KNOW EXACTLY EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS with the boys.

i'll beleve it when it happens, if it happens. time will tell.

Exactly!

My main point is just to say there is another SMALL, SMALL, chance that Led Zeppelin will come back from the dead for a little while.

Saying that this is bullshit doesn't mean it won't happen. As said before, NONE of us are Plant himself, we don't speak his mind for him, he does what he wants. I bet some of you saw the word "rumor", read a sentence from the topic post. and said this is BS.

Lots of people overlook rumors, alot. Just because one small thing may be incorrect, doesn't mean the main idea of the rumor is fake. Alot of these rumor posts lead to alot of negativity. Balance what could and couldn't be true in these rumors. Think about them for a minute. I am saying, I don't disagree, this might be a fake, but just thnk about it.

I would say that neither side is wrong here in how they look at this...

For 31 years there have been rumors of Zep reuniting and touring, and they've never come to fruition. With each passing year it becomes less and less likely, to where now the chance is pretty much zero. So the side saying "not going to happen" has history and Plant's statements on their side. It's a pretty logical conclusion.

However, the side saying "hey, it could happen" can be optimistic if they want, because there's always a chance, however miniscule (VERY miniscule). It's a matter of how much time you want to spend hoping and wishing, because at some point it becomes a waste of time pining for something that's probably not going to happen. But if you want to hang on to hope, knock yourselves out.

There's a better chance that Sarah Palin will win the Nobel Prize in Chemistry than there is of Led Zeppelin getting back together for any reason, at any time.

So I'm going to have to call bullspit on this particular rumor.

Well if Obama can win the Nobel Peace Prize while in office for a mere ten days, then so can Sarah Palin. Well, maybe not since that was more than likely rigged (from some of the European libs who vote on this over in Stockholm), even before he took his first step in The White House.

Just an opinion, but at the same time, I hope this doesn't derail this thread, even if situated in the "Newbies".

Well if Obama can win the Nobel Peace Prize while in office for a mere ten days, then so can Sarah Palin. Well, maybe not since that was more than likely rigged (from some of the European libs who vote on this over in Stockholm), even before he took his first step in The White House.

Just an opinion, but at the same time, I hope this doesn't derail this thread, even if situated in the "Newbies".

The Nobel Peace Prize and the Nobel Prizes aren't the same things. The Nobel Peace Prize is presented in Oslo, while the Nobel Prizes are presented in Stockholm. So Obama's winning the Nobel Peace Prize (regardless of one's personal feelings toward that) have no affect on the chances of Sarah Palin winning the Nobel Prize in Chemistry, since they aren't the same things.

The Nobel Peace Prize and the Nobel Prizes aren't the same things. The Nobel Peace Prize is presented in Oslo, while the Nobel Prizes are presented in Stockholm. So Obama's winning the Nobel Peace Prize (regardless of one's personal feelings toward that) have no affect on the chances of Sarah Palin winning the Nobel Prize in Chemistry, since they aren't the same things.

I know they're different, it was just ridiculous for Obama winning the Nobel Peace prize, while serving only days as president. I'm just saying if he can be awarded this, then so can Sarah Palin. Not that I'm fans of either.

Time to move on with this and let's keep the subject of this thread intact.

It's not out of any sense of negativity that I shoot down this particular rumor, it's that it has absolutely no basis in any sort of fact that I could find even remotely believable. As I've mentioned before, it even starts off with the classic "I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who..." line and proceeds to go downhill very swiftly from there.

It's fun to think about. But for me, that's as far as I can really go. I always think about what it would be like if the guys got together and decided to do a huge tour. It's fun to imagine, talk about, write out a dream set list (maybe that's just me), but I can't act like it's on the horizon until I read something (credible, or from the band members themselves) that tells me otherwise, my fantasies are probably just that: fantasies.

Can it happen? Of course. The three remaining members are alive and healthy.

Will it happen? I lean towards no. I will always say "If it doesn't then so be it. If it does, get me a clean pair of of under things!" :D

Too many years, too many rumors to get my hopes up again. I think the whole excitement post the 02 reunion show really killed the idealistic side of me on this subject. Obviously it would be the greatest musical happening in recent memory, just don't believe it will.

Hey you guys, how about having an open mind for these? You guys over look these so much. Have some atleast some small hope! Although it may not be true, I'm just giving you guys another hope for Led Zeppelin to get back together.

Hey you guys, how about having an open mind for these? You guys over look these so much. Have some atleast some small hope! Although it may not be true, I'm just giving you guys another hope for Led Zeppelin to get back together.

Sorry - no offence, but you're not. You're just telling us what a friend of a friend of a friend said. If we all looked at that as a "hope" every time, we'd be pretty desperate by now. :depressed:

The closest to a Zep reunion that there ever was or will be was when Jimmy and Robert toured together from '94-'98. John Paul Jones even said that it was a Zep reunion in all but name only - Jimmy & Robert touring, using Zep's imagery and symbols in the posters, and playing a full show of Zep songs. Robert was still in his 40's and game for touring and playing those songs. Now they're in their 60's and Robert obviously isn't interested. If he was, it would have happened before now. It's not like he's all of the sudden going to say "hey, I know it's been 31 years and I'm 62, but let's go back on the road as Zeppelin...forget what I said about there being no Zeppelin without Bonzo!" Not going to happen, sorry.

Archived