The Talk is back.....

ledzepfilm

You said that already. As people explained to you, hearing something from a friend of a friend of a friend does not constitute something worth getting excited about. There's no way to prove you're not pulling it out of your ass.

You're not verifiable. Now if Jason Bonham says he heard from a friend that the guys were getting back together, we'd be more inclined to believe him. That's how it works.

As I said, I honestly don't think there is a huge chance of Led Zeppelin getting back together. I'm not saying this is 100% true, but I am just saying to keep an open mind for these, no need for negativity.

I am just sharing some info somebody told me and I thought you guys would not react negative. I am indeed not getting my hopes up (at all) that Led Zep will reunite, I am just saying there COULD, not WILL, be a small atom sized possibility that Led Zeppelin will come back together. I'm not excited about it, as I said I don't actually think this will happen, but again, this could be another crumb to the bagel.

It needs to be a good and close source to the band members. I think I said that already, but that's where the truth tends to be.

It's fun to think about. But for me, that's as far as I can really go. I always think about what it would be like if the guys got together and decided to do a huge tour. It's fun to imagine, talk about, write out a dream set list (maybe that's just me), but I can't act like it's on the horizon until I read something (credible, or from the band members themselves) that tells me otherwise, my fantasies are probably just that: fantasies.

Can it happen? Of course. The three remaining members are alive and healthy.

Will it happen? I lean towards no. I will always say "If it doesn't then so be it. If it does, get me a clean pair of of under things!" :D

Have fun with the previous thread below BlackDog 71. This is for you as well Ledzepfilm. If only....

I am not saying to keep your hopes up, that this is a reliable source, I don't think this will happen by the slightest chance, but we all have to keep an open mind for these things. I am just telling you guys what I heard and I thought you guys would be a bit interested.

It did get my interest. But we didn't hear anything from you regarding who your sources were, how they received this information and the legitimacy of all of this. No specifics were given. More like rumors to me until backed up.

All I know is Pat Sommers, who worked with Ace and Roger Daltrey, along with playing with Joan Jett, told me this. The guy just told Pat this, I think over the phone. I don't know anything else than this. I can ask Pat your questions this Wednesday, but I don't want them to sound like they came from someone else.

Besides the "heard it from a friend who heard from a friend who" nature of your source (I'm not even touching the inherent hilarity of your "this is a non circulation rumor" statement), this has absolutely no basis in fact and has been discredited several times throughout the thread:

Since Band of Joy is not going too well for Plant (ticket sales are low), the band is thinking of doing a reunion(including Plant), but not just a oneoff. One in every major city around the world. Like, one at the Garden, one at the LA Forum, etc.

Then, there's this:

This is secret information, so don't really share it too much. But since we are all Led Heads here, I had to share this.

If this is such "secret information" I think the first place I'm going to post it is going to be on the official Led Zeppelin message board where it will be promptly moved to the "Newbies" section.

The more you try to save face by insisting that no one should disregard this information which you then follow up with statements like "I don't think this will happen by the slightest chance", the deeper the hole gets that you're digging for yourself.

I am just saying I heard this and I wanted it to share it with you guys. OK?

Well if you were, that would be one thing, but you're actually complaining about our reactions and telling us what you think we should be doing instead. I dunno, I get the impression you haven't been around these kind of rumours as long as many of us have.

@Knebby Ehh, that last statement is true.

I will now say what I meant all along.

I thought this would be interesting for you guys, so I shared it here. There was alot of negativity and I was asking to split the reasons of good and bad. Yet, this thread is spilled with more negative comments about the rumor. I was asking you guys to keep an open mind for the rumors, and I was expecting posts on how this could or could not happen. Yet, this thread had to have more negative comments. I was not making you guys say this will happen, but just to have an open mind, and not say "Not happening!", the moment you see the word rumor. As I said, I don't have alot of hope in this. We are not Page, Plant, Jones, or Bonham, so you can't make their decisions for them.

The negativity isn't meant maliciously.. just after years and years of rumors and getting our hopes up only to get shot down.. it gets old. And this is a pretty substantial rumor in which to implicate this Pat Sommers woman. It would be absolutely amazing, if true... but, at this point, it's just he said/she said speculation.

The negativity isn't meant maliciously.. just after years and years of rumors and getting our hopes up only to get shot down.. it gets old. And this is a pretty substantial rumor in which to implicate this Pat Sommers woman. It would be absolutely amazing, if true... but, at this point, it's just he said/she said speculation.

FACT LED ZEPPELIN, will never get back together again.

FACT JOHN HENRY BONHAM died a long time ago.

(so they will never be LED ZEPPELIN)

JASON BONHAM is a good stand in,

but, that is all he is.

FACT we are talking about a group from a very,very,long time passed.

any rumours are just that RUMOURS.

Pat is a he. But there is a VERY atom sized chance that this could happen. I do agree with you all, that this will likely NOT happen, but lets just wait and see.

End of disscussion.

FACT LED ZEPPELIN, will never get back together again.

FACT JOHN HENRY BONHAM died a long time ago.

(so they will never be LED ZEPPELIN)

JASON BONHAM is a good stand in,

but, that is all he is.

FACT we are talking about a group from a very,very,long time passed.

any rumours are just that RUMOURS.

Not arguing with you. You sure do have it all figured out after 4 posts.

It's not a complete fact that Led Zeppelin will not reunite, as what Jahfin said. Time will tell what happens, as said earlier in this thread.

Robert Plant and the Band of Joy have now been added to the Americana Fest lineup in October and Byron House mentioned on his facebook that they recently began working on original material. These are both facts.

Stranger things have happened than what you're claiming "could happen" is another fact.

You have replied over and over and over about how no one should have much faith in this but should also totally keep hope alive in it is another fact.

I appreciate that you have shared what you believe to be inside knowledge that is not supposed to be widely known; however, if your only intent was to share the knowledge, you have done so.... Please stop insisting that people "keep an open mind" while also saying that you agree "this will likely NOT happen." People have been given the information now and will do with it as they please. If you agree people are entitled to their opinion, you have to be accepting of the fact that their opinion may not coincide with your own. While possibly not intentional, your way of presenting the information led many to believe that it was questionable at best. Still, you have presented your case so all that is left to do is allow people their choice to believe or not believe.

Archived