The Talk is back.....

ledzepfilm

I don't fly, so unless they play Greensboro, Atlanta, or Washington D.C., all locations I can drive to, I wouldn't be able to see the show. So it really doesn't matter to me one iota if they tour or if they don't, since the chances of me being able to see a show are slim to none. You can't miss out on something you have neither the money nor the ability to see.

If it ever happens, I hope all the nay-sayers spend a week or so thinking it's a hoax, and consequently miss out on tickets.

If it ever happens, I hope...

It's a 2-2 1/2 show not counting encores.

The setlist remains wide open, and has the potential to vary concert to concert.

The only extended jam, if any, is No Quarter, circa 1977.

Some general admission shows. Survival of the fittest.

The tour follows the release of a new album.

...that the middle aged like me, with a little (or a lot) of "the vibe" left in them, are able to catch a handful of the shows, unlike we could at 16 or 17.

I don't fly, so unless they play Greensboro, Atlanta, or Washington D.C., all locations I can drive to, I wouldn't be able to see the show. So it really doesn't matter to me one iota if they tour or if they don't, since the chances of me being able to see a show are slim to none. You can't miss out on something you have neither the money nor the ability to see.

I had a dream, even a premonition than the band will play a one off concert at the end of the upcoming tour for family and friends and the top 20 posters on this forum, all expences pair, so cheer up sister you are a prolific poster and would make it to the ball, time for a new dress me thinks. :D

Regards, Danny

I would predict, that if Zeppelin announced a setlist, it would be something like this:

1. "Good Times Bad Times"
  2. "Ramble On"
  3. "Black Dog"
  4. "In My Time Of Dying"
  5. "Over the Hills and Far Away"
  6. "Nobody's Fault But Mine"
  7. "All My Love"
  8. "The Song Remains the Same"
  9. "No Quarter" (Or the Rain Song)
  10. "Trampled Underfoot" (Subsitute: "Achilles Last Stand")
  11. "White Summer"
  12. "Kashmir"
  13. "Dazed and Confused"
  14. "Stairway to Heaven"

Encores:

Played at every gig:

15. Whole Lotta Love

16. Rock and Roll

Played on the 1st half of the shows

17. Communication Breakdown

18. Heartbreaker

Played on the second half of the shows:

19. Thank You

20. The Ocean

Heartbreaker, Communication Breakdown, or Thank You, could be thrown in to subsitute in the main set.

If Page, Plant, Jones and Jason Bonham were ever to actually launch a major tour I would hope it wouldn't be under the Zeppelin name and that there would be at least an album's worth of new material to draw from. Otherwise, it'd just be a nostalgia act.

I can't think of them together not under Zeppelin, unless they laid down some tracks in the studio. They would mix the originals with Zeppelin material.

That's exactly what I was referring to, which was the original plan following the 02.

I would think if JP,RP,JPJ, and JB ever reunited, they would tour as Zep for like less than half a year, than a year later a new record comes out, forming a new group that also performs Zep as well.

I seriously doubt Robert Plant would have any part of a project that banked solely on nostalgia. As I seem to recall, Jones and Page were also keen on recording new material before embarking on any sort of tour.

Touring,and getting together takes a lot of energy remembering how old they are

now. Saying that my daughter saw John Paul jones, in a gig near London, a few

weeks ago, she said he looked amazing.!!!!!

Touring,and getting together takes a lot of energy remembering how old they are

now. Saying that my daughter saw John Paul jones, in a gig near London, a few

weeks ago, she said he looked amazing.!!!!!

Hi Dixie,

Robert doesnt seem to suffer from lack of energy while touring as far as i know, and i would think that they are all pretty fit, even given their age, nobodys asking them to run a marathon but i bet they all could, as long as Jimmys back holds out that is.

And i would imagine the after show parties and groupies would be put on hold untill after the tour ends, :o but hey what do i know? ;):lol:

Regards, Danny

who knowns only them I guess.

Hi Dixie,

Robert doesnt seem to suffer from lack of energy while touring as far as i know, and i would think that they are all pretty fit, even given their age, nobodys asking them to run a marathon but i bet they all could, as long as Jimmys back holds out that is.

And i would imagine the after show parties and groupies would be put on hold untill after the tour ends, :o but hey what do i know? ;):lol:

Regards, Danny

how quickly the mood of a thread can change lol..man I won't hold my breath for that. yeah, Robert does sing LZ with the Band of Joy (Lord knows why), but really that doesn't mean anything. I see no reason why he would change his mind so suddenly. IF he decides to do it though, I'll fly the whole wide world to see them.

P.S.: Nice setlist..

Another reason that supports LZ coming back is that Robert is singing LZ with Band of Joy.

How about the fact that Plant has been performing Zep songs in concert since the Non Stop Go Tour in support of Now & Zen in 1988?

Archived