A theme...

Nicey

Speaking of smoking, I don't think I have ever seen a picture of Jimmy smoking before maybe 77?? So i'm guess he picked it up around then.

We were talking about that over here, too:

Random Newspaper Articles - Page 17

I like those two pics that ZepRex and ledzepfilm posted; they certainly make smoking look hot. :o

Today's theme is a long-titled one:

M R. J O N E S catches the cameraman's eye. He seems to be really good at doing this.

jpj005.jpg

lz0533.jpg

jpj131.jpg

jpj169.jpg

jpj188.jpg

jpj125.jpg

And here's one that isn't a live shot but had to be included:

lz0266.jpg

If that look isn't a cry for help, I don't know what is...

Not too many captions in this one. It just always seemed to me as I collected photos that Jonesy was good at spotting the photographer. :P

I think I may do a second theme... buck the system...

Hehehe...

The S O U R P U S S theme!

Mr. Page is probably King Sourpuss. "Puss," of course, is a slang term for mouth, although most people probly associate it with something more vulgar now. The facial expressions I've found range between "someone-put-a-Warhead-in-my-jelly-beans" to orgasm to full-blown childbirth. But honestly, if they have to make funny faces to make the noise they make, I welcome the sourpuss. Grimace as much as you need to, boys!

Now let's explore some different sourpusses:

jpp0207.jpg

The "it-smells-like-someone-lit-a-pile-of-vomit-on-fire" sourpuss.

jpp0391c.jpg

The "Jimmy's-got-a-girl-under-the-table" sourpuss.

rp1139.jpg

The "just-hit-a-home-run-in-my-rounders-game" sourpuss.

jpp0568.jpg

The "stupid-guitar-isn't-doing-what-I-want-it-to" sourpuss.

jpp0658.jpg

The "passing-a-kidney-stone" sourpuss

jpp1233.jpg

The "sick-of-looking-at-Robert's-ass" sourpuss.

rp1196.jpg

The "it's-colder-than-I-thought-it-would-be" sourpuss.

lz1873.jpg

The double "it's-not-the-70s-anymore" sourpuss(es).

jpp0628.jpg

The "would-someone-please-unhook-me-from-the-f*cking-electric-fence?!" sourpuss.

lz2126.jpg

The "haven't-perfected-my-sexy-face" sourpuss.

lz0195b.jpg

And Bonzo's "Robert's-wearing-the-same-shirt-I-am-and-won't-change" sourpuss.

You guys can probly come up with better captions, actually. And if any of the Zeppelins -- namely Mr. Page or Mr. Plant -- see this, thank you for being such troopers.

EDIT:

Thanks Nicey. notworthy.gif

Yes! Second theme, second theme!! cheer.gif

I want to participate but all of my Jimmy photos are on my iPad thingie. laugh.gif

You're welcome. :) And I so want an iPad, you lucky duck!

Another topic: S H A D E S. Gotta love em.

led+zep+106.jpg

Page giving out his farting face while wearing some shades.

756114_f520.jpg

Page's I am cooler than you face with the shades on

jimmypage1977.jpg

Jimmy's "Don't mess wit me" face with shades on

JimmyPage.jpg

Jimmy Page showing all of the perfect elements: A double neck,

his pose, a cigarette, long hair, and some shades.

Ha guys you crack me up^^ Really cool captions..Don't get me started on the motives :wub:

jimmy-page-double-neck-guitar.jpg

the I-thought-a-double-neck-was-lighter puss

28340223.jpg

all topics in one^^ pose, smoking, the I'm-watching-you puss..lovely

amd_robert_plant.jpg

the yes-hunni-you're-nearly-there mouth

I love the contributions so far! That takes some pressure off of me. I'm not always successful at being funny!

Sorry to get off topic, but thanks for the neat photo Nicey, zepfilm has two more photos from this, I'm pretty sure it's from the RAH Soundcheck, thanks to Zepfilm for some evidence.

Thanks, 342 and Joey. I've been wondering where that pic was taken. That solves one of my many mysteries. Here's links to the three others I've got:

One,

Two,

and Three.

:)

Another topic: S H A D E S. Gotta love em.

Good theme! Lemme see if I can contribute...

IMPORTANT REASONS TO WEAR SHADES:

jb153.jpg

When carrying a chicky-mama on your shoulders in California sunlight, shades can prevent you from tumbling from the stage into a quagmire of bombed-out Bay Area fans, which would likely result in a broken collarbone and being groped.

jpp0267.jpg

Sunglasses can be used in conjunction with modernized "stormtrooper" apparel to show the history books how hot the Axis could have been.

jpp0387.jpg

Sunglasses should always be utilized if one finds oneself carted around on a dolly by Peter Grant. Adequate vision is necessary to ensure Mr. Grant isn't trucking you into traffic or mud.

rp1345.jpg

If you choose to use your magic belt buckle to beam sex at nearby pedestrians, sunglasses protect your own eyesight from the powerful shots of virility and seduction that you've sent rocketing around the streets. They also help you ignore the few males who are accidentally dragged into the magic.

lz0700.jpg

Prescription sunglasses are available to enhance your X-ray vision, which can in turn cause elation as you scan through your audience for attractive women.

jpp0680.jpg

A good pair of sunglasses enables you to bird-watch freely in your wife or girlfriend's company without fearing admonishment in the form of a cheek-blistering bitch-slap.

jpj030b.jpg

Of course, a classic reason to wear sunglasses is to obscure how high you are as you feign interest in whatever it is whoever he is is talking about while you're riding to gawd-knows-where and craving a samwich.

:D

Nice captions, and I've not seen (except the second one) those RAH photos!

Here's another: S H O W I N G Y O U R B A R E C H E S T theme!

lz197906xx_01.jpg

After the girls attacked Robert and Jimmy

Robert+Plant.jpg

Robert telling the girls, "That's all, folks!"

behr-LedZeppelin-10258-32a.jpg

The showoffs with Jimmy's STFU or GTFO sourpuss

One more theme: P A G E Y S O D D F A C E S

lori-jimmy.jpg

The "Jealous?" face

Jimmy_Page.jpg

Jimmy's "WTF" face

jimmy_page_001_121909.jpg

And, the currently cooler than you face.

A I R P O R T S

103740n.jpg

...Nicey very enjoyable idea of photos;

I recall the interior decor of this Germany airport from Sep. 9, 1974...We flew Luftansa from New Delhi, India and stopped in Germany before proceeding to Toronto Canada, my first ever plane ride, colors of this photo always takes me back to those early days....

I love Jimmy/Shade photos, too HOT!!!

Looks like legendary promoter Bill Graham with Jonesy, no?

According to Getty Images, it's actually Charles Bonnay, the photographer. :) See how he's holding the camera and snapping the pic?

I recall the interior decor of this Germany airport from Sep. 9, 1974...We flew Luftansa from New Delhi, India and stopped in Germany before proceeding to Toronto Canada, my first ever plane ride, colors of this photo always takes me back to those early days....

That's awesome! Isn't it interesting how airports have changed? I didn't fly until I was 17, but I remember picking my dad up at airports with my mom when I was little. You could smoke, the chairs were all old-fashioned-looking, and the flight info displays were all weird and pixelated or something. No cell phones or iPods or laptops anywhere. Everybody was reading or bored or bothering each other.

ledzepfilm, a bare-chested theme would be a HUGE endeavor! lol I'm not up to it just yet (although I like your contributions.) We'll go with something similar, though....

D E S C A M I S A D O

(One of my favorite words. Means "shirtless.")

And we allll know who wins in this category. But the other Zeps were known to go descamisado every so often, too.

Bonzo peeled his shirt off in Newcastle:

lz1804.jpg

Then he creeped us all out and donned this gross ol' mask:

jb103.jpg

Jonesy went along with the others and lost his shirt, too, during Knebworth rehearsals:

jpj198.jpg

(They were all in their skivvies because the lights were too hot apparently. See ledzepfilm's first pic in his post up yonder. ... Not really skivvies, though. More like Fletch-esque running shorts. Awesome.)

Here's a classic pic of Robert sans shirt at Gladsaxe in '69, reminiscing about the old days back in '68:

rp2096.jpg

He looks kinda reserved. That changes.

lz0574.jpg

Lo, he becomes a "sexual beacon" and gets shmexy in Atlanta.

...very shmexy.

lz1325.jpg

And afore y'knowit, he's running around like it's the summer o' love all over again:

rp0050.jpg

Descamisado on a boat:

rp0009.jpg

Descamisado in a pool, drawers sagging with water, trying to surf:

rp0006.jpg

Descamisado with a random snake:

rp0379.jpg

Descamisado with a random comb:

rp0761.jpg

Descamisado with something that kinda looks like my vibrator, which is aptly named "Percy:"

rp0763.jpg

Descamisado with his magic belt buckle lying flaccidly on the top of his thigh (and his fly unzipped: )

rp1363.jpg

(I stol'd this pic from someone who posted it in the "Hot Robert" thread, so thank you to whoever that was!)

And lastly, descamisado scratchin' his ribs by the hi-fi:

rp0051.jpg

(Interesting note: It was, like, the day before this pic was taken that the jack gave out while he was working under his Austin Champ, which subsequently landed on him. Hurt his ribs. And there he is, lookin' fine.)

And lastly, descamisado scratchin' his ribs by the hi-fi:

rp0051.jpg

(Interesting note: It was, like, the day before this pic was taken that the jack gave out while he was working under his Austin Champ, which subsequently landed on him. Hurt his ribs. And there he is, lookin' fine.)

RPoldscan-1.jpg

OH MY!!!!!!!!blink.gif

Need we say more??!!!sc025f3857.jpg

Well......ehm.....ehhh......oh my :wub::drool::veryhot: ..I will have an excellent night I think :zzz: ..Holy shit..Soz for going a lil off topic, bear with me guys :blush:

According to Getty Images, it's actually Charles Bonnay, the photographer. :) See how he's holding the camera and snapping the pic?

Thanks Nicey! I didn't catch that, you're right. But he kind of looks like Bill Graham (who I notice is in one of the shots below with Robert).

D E S C A M I S A D O

(One of my favorite words. Means "shirtless.")

Awesome word! Learned a new word today!

(They were all in their skivvies because the lights were too hot apparently. See ledzepfilm's first pic in his post up yonder. ... Not really skivvies, though. More like Fletch-esque running shorts. Awesome.)

A Fletch movie reference??? Now that is AWESOME!!! One of my favorite comedies ever (original only, no sequel). Charge it to the Underhills!

Descamisado with something that kinda looks like my vibrator, which is aptly named "Percy:"

Wow, this just closes the book on why your captions are great! :veryhot: How will you top yourself Nicey??? No pressure! :)

Archived