A theme...

Nicey

Yay! Good theme! I'll add to it...

rp1562.jpg

This burgundy one he wore in '75 and '77.

rp0321.jpg

This shimmery one with daisies that he wore in '77.

rp1647.jpg

This one from 1969 that he had to have worn 'till it was rags. Seemed like he wore it a lot. He wore three other white shirts, too. This one has daisies (or some sorta flower) on it and drawstrings it looks like. Then there was a lace-up, medieval-ish lookin' white one. One with darker flowers on it (that he wore at Bath in '69.) And then there was a plain, thin linen one -- the one he wore in that pic with the monkey. They all kinda look alike.

He wore this one forever, too:

rp0016.jpg

Check out how stretched-out it got...

lz0963.jpg

Looks like he got into a catfight or something. huh.gif Somebody was draggin' him around by his shirt.

There's some others, too, obviously, but I think we covered the most popular ones.

ROBERTLIKESANIMALS

rp0060.jpg

Rob: The fuck are you eating grass?

5658813350_99147b74bb.jpg

Never realized I look so much like him with my goatee!:lol:

30358739-30358744-slarge.jpg

I don't even know what to say for this, haha!:lol:

Led+Zeppelin+19691024_Cleveland_02.jpg

Damnit, you stole my freakin food, well you are pretty cute.

Here's some more pics:

rp19691024_01.jpg

Monkey: Is this Jimmy's guitar? I think I've fallen in love with it!

rp1971xxxx_05.jpg

rp1971xxxx_07.jpg

Robert: WTF are you doing?:D

rp1971xxxx_08.jpg

rp1971xxxx_09.jpg

RE: the Jimmy doesn't have cool boots photo. He's dressed in white and looks nervous and terrified--like he might bolt out the back door ASAP. It looks like he is getting married. Too bad he didn't bolt.

Today we'll go with

S N A K E S K I N . B O O T S

Perhaps I'm one of those girls who likes shoes. I don't know, but Zep footwear usually catches my eye. Also, they may not be snakeskin; they could be gator skin for all I know. And I don't know if they're real or faux, so vegans and P.E.T.A. folks need not flip out just yet.

Who first wore the snakeskin boots?

lz0175.jpg

Bonzo!

lz0187b.jpg

He dove in and strangled that python/gator himself, out in the dismal swamp.

But Mr. Plant soon ditched his sandals and stole Bonzo's fashion idea:

rp1081.jpg

Here's that rascal slippin' 'em on...

lz1717.jpg

And here he's showing everyone how much cooler his boots are compared to whatever it is Jimmy's wearing. (But Jimmy gets points for not wearing stripes and dots at the same time.)

lz0249b.jpg

Jimmy doesn't have cool boots! Haha!

But then the boots disappeared through their hirsute phase and reappeared at the beginning of their super-basket-and-puff-sleeve-Prince-Valiant phase:

lz1075.jpg

Check out his boots, Seattle! Oh, and his junk!

Snakeskin boots go with everything...

rp0873.jpg

...even red shirts and trouser flowers.

lz1813.jpg

Camera Man needs to turn around and film the boots! Instead he's all enamored with Jimmy's celestial bells.

rp0300.jpg

He's actually pointing at his boots. Check 'em out, sauerkraut.

rp1061.jpg

Good year for snakeskin boots.

Jimmy! Boots! Lookit!

lz1309.jpg

Comfortable enough to relax in, too... Ah.

lz0142.jpg

He coulda peeled 'em off and warmed his feet by the fire, but... nah.

Snakeskin boots make you sure-footed as a mountain goat.

lz0260b.jpg

You can walk down sticky movie theater stairs with Jimmy on your arm. A Jimmy that might be sorta inebriated, so you're probably carrying part of his weight, too. And those boots keep you upright.

Yep, photographer's checkin' out the boots...

rp1356.jpg

The boots is awesome.

RE: the Jimmy doesn't have cool boots photo. He's dressed in white and looks nervous and terrified--like he might bolt out the back door ASAP. It looks like he is getting married. Too bad he didn't bolt.

Oh, you mean this one?

lz0249b.jpg

I believe this is from their Gold Record Awards shindig in December 1969. Y'wanna know something weird? I have twenty-five pics from that event that have Jimmy in them, and there are only seven when he's not clasping his hands. And three or four of those are when he's holding the plaque-thing with the record on it, so he couldn't clasp his hands. It was kinda weird looking at it. It was like he got into some superglue and got his hands stuck together.

for today;

MUTHAFUCKA, WTF?!!!

1069822.jpg

:lol: I've never seen that before. Well, you can't look smooth in every photograph, especially when you've been in about ten million of them.

I'm not feeling too witty, but I'm gonna look through my stuff and try to find a good theme... Off I go!

Oh, you mean this one?

lz0249b.jpg

I believe this is from their Gold Record Awards shindig in December 1969. Y'wanna know something weird? I have twenty-five pics from that event that have Jimmy in them, and there are only seven when he's not clasping his hands. And three or four of those are when he's holding the plaque-thing with the record on it, so he couldn't clasp his hands. It was kinda weird looking at it. It was like he got into some superglue and got his hands stuck together.

:lol: I've never seen that before. Well, you can't look smooth in every photograph, especially when you've been in about ten million of them.

I'm not feeling too witty, but I'm gonna look through my stuff and try to find a good theme... Off I go!

In the first one, it looks like they are about to sing Happy Birthday to him and he is getting embarrassed. laugh.gif

In the second one, the one of him onstage, his rear end looks especially nice. wink.gif Just sayin'. whistling.gif

G L O W E R

Crabby glowering frowny-pants. King Glowerer is probably Bonzo. He had a really mean-looking glower. Some of the glowers were probably attempts at looking hot, but a lip stuck out too far or the lighting was sinister. End result is that they're lookin' daggers.

jb177.jpg

To me, he seems to be thinking, "It's hotter than the hinges of hell in here...."

This one just scares me!

jb393.jpg

That's a snarl!

jpj124.jpg

København's made Jonesy all grumpy for some reason. What did you Danes do to Jonesy?? Cool shot, though.

jpp0046.jpg

"That's so funny I forgot to laugh..."

jpp0722.jpg

If the Easter Bunny from the mall comes to get his suit back... Jimmy'll be ready for him... ready for a knife fight...

lz0991.jpg

Here we have Bonzo who appears to be going for a healthy, brisk walk despite the crisp winter weather. Robert looks like a mountain lion that's strayed into town on accident, livin' off garbage and sleeping in the back of some old lady's garden shed.

lz1335.jpg

Two seconds before this was taken, they were probably all giggling.

lz1545.jpg

"Robert's gotta Sugar Daddy stuck to his arse, and I'm not tellin' him..."

lz1738b.jpg

A young, angry shot of Bonzo in 1968...

rp0063b.jpg

Robert's sexy pout turns menacing....

And here he plays some angry air drums....

rp0039.jpg

Interesting note... I'm pretty sure this pic is from Essen in Deutschland, and according to this one book, the Germans were less than hospitable, throwing stuff and whatnot. That's probably why he doesn't look too pleased. I'd probably be wearing a similar face.

Thanks for the explanation of the photo with jimmy's hands glued together. He really looks nervous. Hard to believe, after having been on stage so many times.

I love the omgomgomg photo and caption. Too funny.

quote name='MissMelanie' timestamp='1313165139' post='536793']

In the first one, it looks like they are about to sing Happy Birthday to him and he is getting embarrassed. laugh.gif

In the second one, the one of him onstage, his rear end looks especially nice. wink.gif Just sayin'. whistling.gif

Snarling Bonzo looks like my neighbor. He's a really cranky Republican and he scares me all the time.

G L O W E R

Crabby glowering frowny-pants. King Glowerer is probably Bonzo. He had a really mean-looking glower. Some of the glowers were probably attempts at looking hot, but a lip stuck out too far or the lighting was sinister. End result is that they're lookin' daggers.

jb177.jpg

To me, he seems to be thinking, "It's hotter than the hinges of hell in here...."

This one just scares me!

jb393.jpg

That's a snarl!

jpj124.jpg

København's made Jonesy all grumpy for some reason. What did you Danes do to Jonesy?? Cool shot, though.

jpp0046.jpg

"That's so funny I forgot to laugh..."

jpp0722.jpg

If the Easter Bunny from the mall comes to get his suit back... Jimmy'll be ready for him... ready for a knife fight...

lz0991.jpg

Here we have Bonzo who appears to be going for a healthy, brisk walk despite the crisp winter weather. Robert looks like a mountain lion that's strayed into town on accident, livin' off garbage and sleeping in the back of some old lady's garden shed.

lz1335.jpg

Two seconds before this was taken, they were probably all giggling.

lz1545.jpg

"Robert's gotta Sugar Daddy stuck to his arse, and I'm not tellin' him..."

lz1738b.jpg

A young, angry shot of Bonzo in 1968...

rp0063b.jpg

Robert's sexy pout turns menacing....

And here he plays some angry air drums....

rp0039.jpg

Interesting note... I'm pretty sure this pic is from Essen in Deutschland, and according to this one book, the Germans were less than hospitable, throwing stuff and whatnot. That's probably why he doesn't look too pleased. I'd probably be wearing a similar face.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

And lastly, descamisado scratchin' his ribs by the hi-fi:

rp0051.jpg

(Interesting note: It was, like, the day before this pic was taken that the jack gave out while he was working under his Austin Champ, which subsequently landed on him. Hurt his ribs. And there he is, lookin' fine.)

Hi Nicey, I wondered if your still monitoring this post, as I was the only person with Robert when the accident happened then I can tell you it wasn't his Austin Champ that he was under.

We were at the farm Jennings, I used to drive and do maintenance on the Champ and Bob asked if we could take a look at the muffler ( exhaust system ) on his Aston Martin as he felt there was some blowing on it. The Aston Martin was previously owned by British guitarist Donovan, Donovan had had it repainted chocolate brown paint exterior and customised inside with psychedelic paisley print material interior roof lining, and his autograph was in the dash pocket.

It was while Bob was underneath that the accident happened, with the axle was pressing into his chest area.

There's a lot more to this story that day and afterwards, hoping you get to read this, the avatar photo is how I looked and dressed at that time.

The best of Day's ................. ^_^

Where has this thread been all my life?

Best posts ever!

And thanks for little story behind the accident the-best-of-Day's! :D

p.s: and yes! finally some kind of 'closure' to the why-Jimmy-seems-to-have-his-hands-stuck-together-in-those-pictures puzzle. Been driving me batshit crazy all this time. -_-

post-24855-0-74333500-1362091732.jpg

here's my signed copy of the Zeppelin II album the band gave me for my 21st birthday, along with two bottles of Southern Comfort, a cassette deck and several US band cassettes from that period. The cassette deck and cassettes I still have, but not played in some time,

The Southern comfort has long gone along with many more that followed those two, however there was so much in the day I can't touch or even smell the stuff now.

I still have a bunch of shirts, fringed jacket and boots in a trunk, about six years ago my daughter wore the fringed jacket when we went to see a Zeppelin tribute band, she was sixteen but said she felt connected, I wore my denim Levi jacket that I used to wear in 1970.

the best of day's :yay:

Archived