O2 rehearsals leaked

It's on topic if it's leaked LZ with stand in singer. I'm going to listen again with a fresh ear today. Prolly not worth a thread, that's why I'm tucking it away here. I'm basically asking if anyone knows what this music is. On first listen it sounded enough like the tone of Jones and Jason that I really became intent on the guitar. then I posted it. On 2nd listen it sounded a lot less like Page. IDK what Myles Kennedy sounded like, but when I see his hair a flowin I imagine a singer sort of like this one.. the label guy thinks he's a dead ringer for C.Cornell.. that kind of thing. or maybe this is music that evry1 kno but me.

Oh. I don't think this is Led Zeppelin at all.

Oh. I don't think this is Led Zeppelin at all.

So, this does say Zeppelin in the title overlay. I hope people don't just start putting "zeppelin" on everything. It's usually obvious, but Jones' tone has less attack now, and Jason doesn't hit like Daddy, despite his great beat vocabulary and punctuality with the hit. The o2 band sounds like Zep and it doesn't. I'm going to listen to this a third time after gf goes to wrk. tired of getting laughed @.

Sweet! Wow these guys still have "it" at their ripe old ages. I wonder what they would have popped out if they had recorded some new material? I bet it would be interesting to say the least lol ;)

I just finished listening to the rehearsals.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm more annoyed with Robert now, than ever before.

Sure - it's his prerogative to do as he pleases, and for whatever reason, or no reason at all. I completely understand and respect that.

I'm just really disappointed at what could have been, because they clearly were not washed up in December 2007.

I don't mean to re-open that whole line of discussion. That is just my immediate reaction after hearing this great session.

I just finished listening to the rehearsals.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm more annoyed with Robert now, than ever before.

Sure - it's his prerogative to do as he pleases, and for whatever reason, or no reason at all. I completely understand and respect that.

I'm just really disappointed at what could have been, because they clearly were not washed up in December 2007.

I don't mean to re-open that whole line of discussion. That is just my immediate reaction after hearing this great session.

This was pretty much my reaction too. But I wouldn't say I was annoyed with RP. Baffled would be my choice of word.

Who knows what will happen. Maybe they'll do a few festival gigs next summer, just in time before the end of the world.

Jimmy has always said that the rehearsal was even better than the actual gig, and while what we have now is just four songs, they seem to confirm that. Robert is great, the whole band is great - I love the version of Rock & Roll. But what I find especially beautiful - even touching - is Jimmy's solo on Since I've Been Loving You. He has often quoted himself in solos - inserting passages, licks and riffs from elsewhere in a new setting where they will sound different, so that the whole significance is altered. Now, if Tea For One was quite similar to Since I've Been Loving You, that was no accident because it was revisiting the latter song years later, when the band was going through some really trying experiences. Jimmy in that 2007 version quotes passages from Tea For One, selectively, and very effectively. The whole solo is well constructed, and it just seems appropriate that when they play Since I've Been Loving You decades later, the moment of Tea For One is not forgotten.

This was pretty much my reaction too. But I wouldn't say I was annoyed with RP. Baffled would be my choice of word.

Who knows what will happen. Maybe they'll do a few festival gigs next summer, just in time before the end of the world.

I'm with you there, Baffled would be my reaction as well. I can totally dig that Robert wants to do his own thing, but would it have been impossible to do both? It just seems to have been such a waist to let it die after just one gig. :huh:

Oh well it is what it is. :blink:

Hi Danny,

I would think or at least hope that Jimmy does. He has photos from the rehearsals, and I would be very surprised if no one was there officially recording them. But this is Zeppelin, and as we all know, they deny their fans so much great material. I was under the impression that the official DVD would be released this year, probably in December. I don't know whether that has changed. I also have an audience recording of the show, but the sound quality isn't great. I'll try not to get my hopes up too much about an official DVD until we get a get and official date for its release.

I'm okay. You've been asked to remove your signature? :huh: I'm trying hard to remember what your signature was now. :rolleyes:

Magic

Hi Magic,

I have no memory of it so what it was must have meant nothing, i'll look for another with real meaning so i may remember it well.

Hi Knebby,

Your always right, spot on, as far as i'm concerned it is now official, so why wait 4 or 5 years to bring it out? so many Led Zeppelin Fans have died waiting to see it that it make me very sad for them. :(

Kind Regards, Danny

They'll never release the o2 DVD, I'll eat my hat if they do.

Probably won't taste good on it's own, so a little seasoning may help. Salt and pepper and if it's a bit tough, you might want to think about pan frying it. I hope you like it, since it's pretty much a guarantee will see it shortly as Robert said that Jimmy was finishing it up back in January.

Baffled is indeed quite a good word for my feelings as well. While I understand that Robert needs to do what he does now in order to fulfill his yearning for artistic credibility, I don't at all understand why he's so objected to doing a tour or another gig. Robert sounds fantastic on these rehearsals, not to mention Jimmy and John. I loved listening to the songs cause they seem to be so at ease with the songs and their legacy. Robert will finish his Band of Joy tour soon, so who knows what he will come up with next :coffee: . I won't hold my breath, but he is restless and he's resurrected nigh on every band he was ever in, so what will be his next move? :Thinking: . We'll have to wait and see, but until then a DVD wold be very much appreciated :yesnod:

Baffled is indeed quite a good word for my feelings as well. While I understand that Robert needs to do what he does now in order to fulfill his yearning for artistic credibility, I don't at all understand why he's so objected to doing a tour or another gig. Robert sounds fantastic on these rehearsals, not to mention Jimmy and John. I loved listening to the songs cause they seem to be so at ease with the songs and their legacy. Robert will finish his Band of Joy tour soon, so who knows what he will come up with next :coffee: . I won't hold my breath, but he is restless and he's resurrected nigh on every band he was ever in, so what will be his next move? :Thinking: . We'll have to wait and see, but until then a DVD wold be very much appreciated :yesnod:

He has? I can only think of one - Led Zeppelin.

He hasn't resurrected The Band of Joy - just their name - unless you think it would be resurrecting Zeppelin again to use Zeppelin's name without the other guys? He hasn't resurrected any of his solo line-ups. He hasn't resurrected the original Honeydrippers - just a few of them one Xmas. He hasn't resurrected the Honeydrippers line-up from the album. He hasn't resurrected the Priory of Brion *or the Strange Sensation - forgive me guys!*. Who else is there?

He hasn't resurrected The Band of Joy - just their name - unless you think it would be resurrecting Zeppelin again to use Zeppelin's name without the other guys? He hasn't resurrected any of his solo line-ups. He hasn't resurrected the original Honeydrippers - just a few of them one Xmas. He hasn't resurrected the Honeydrippers line-up from the album. He hasn't resurrected the Priory of Brion *or the Strange Sensation - forgive me guys!*. Who else is there?

The Nobs. :o:lol:

http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/The_Nobs

urgh, are we being fussy today? Alright, I'll put it correctly then: he came full circle in his career. Time to go back to the real deal which will always be Led Zep for me, regardless of what you think of that dry.gif . Were these correct sentences then for you Knebby or am I gonna get shot for inaccuracy :guns: ?

Hey I'm not the grammar police around here, you need to look elsewhere for that. It's not exactly fussy to enquire what in the heck you are talking about when you say he has resurrected every band he's ever been in - when that's just not even true. But keep firing those guns, eh? B)

Knebby, I wasn't trying to be offensive, maybe my longer post was just light-hearted. My gist was: Robert, go back to where you belong!!!! Peace man? :hippy:

Absolutely -I am more than happy with that :hippy: Guess the gunshot emotie took me by surprise. You're completely right that we're all fans, and thank heavens for that :beer:

Soz for the guns, maybe just my sense of humour^^ In the end we all hope for the best, that a DVD of this concert will appear so we can enjoy the eternal beauty of Led Zeppelin's music which never seizes to amaze me :wub:

And to be on topic: The rehearsals sound great, too bad that Jimmy's sound is a bit muffled away. Hope that the rest will someday surface. Since these four songs have the perfect length for a record I will have them pressed at a vinyl record in the limited edition of 1 copy, to add to my collection.

O.K. after a close listen to these leaked "rehearsal" songs it is quite obvious that Robert came to these sessions ready to prove that he still

had the goods and way, way more.

Really, it's Robert's unbelievable vocals while the band rocks along with him that makes us all wonder what would have been if they put

together even a small, quick hitting Tour...

All those now stupid rumours of Robert's voice being shot and not hitting the upper registers - he totally put those where they belong - in the crap pile!

He more than nailed the vocals here! Much better than the actual show...wow - he is freakin' amazing!

And Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason played their collective asses off! Jimmy riffed away while John and Jason hammered the bottom end to new depths.

These rehearsals were nothing short of a revelation on the re-birth of an truly incredible group of musicians. Amazing.

O.K. after a close listen to these leaked "rehearsal" songs it is quite obvious that Robert came to these sessions ready to prove that he still

had the goods and way, way more.

Really, it's Robert's unbelievable vocals while the band rocks along with him that makes us all wonder what would have been if they put

together even a small, quick hitting Tour...

All those now stupid rumours of Robert's voice being shot and not hitting the upper registers - he totally put those where they belong - in the crap pile!

He more than nailed the vocals here! Much better than the actual show...wow - he is freakin' amazing!

And Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason played their collective asses off! Jimmy riffed away while John and Jason hammered the bottom end to new depths.

These rehearsals were nothing short of a revelation on the re-birth of an truly incredible group of musicians. Amazing.

I have to agree 100%. Some of the justifications I read for Plant not wanting to tour were based on some off hand comments he had made about his age (Hes a well known wisecracker btw) and that he wouldnt want to do this because his voice is "shot" or old or "refined" or something :slapface: .

These rehearsals show beyond doubt that his voice is better now than its been in years, maybe decades. IMO he sounded better in the rehearsles than the actual show, and he sounded great in the show! While I respect his decision to do the BOJ gig I often wondered why he flat out refused this. Heck couldnt he have done both? I dont really see how they would have conflicted that much. Oh well maybe we'll never know. :blink:

Archived