Metallica and Led Zeppelin

I'm proud to say that I've never heard any of Metallica's music.

Zeppelin all the way

Pilot the Dinosaur

:blink::blink:

Even if you don't like Metallica....you never heard ANY of their songs? :blink:

You'd better sign....Pilot, the deaf Dinosaur

Even if you don't like Metallica....you never heard ANY of their songs? :blink:

You'd better sign....Pilot, the deaf Dinosaur

Can't really say if I like them or not as I've never heard a single note of their music, but their name just wants me to puke. I ain't deaf Celia...just never got around to checking them out (but I ain't in any rush either :lol: )

Can't really say if I like them or not as I've never heard a single note of their music, but their name just wants me to puke. I ain't deaf Celia...just never got around to checking them out (but I ain't in any rush either :lol: )

I actually don't like them, Pilot, ...but I really wonder how you never heard any songs by them. Don't you listen to the radio? :blink:

I guess you've heard some of their music...maybe you just didn't know who the band was.

I don't like them either but I know the song Sandman I think it's called :lol: Only because they played the video on MTV a lot. Supposedly they're great live but super loud. I just never got into that thrash/speed metal sound.

I actually don't like them, Pilot, ...but I really wonder how you never heard any songs by them. Don't you listen to the radio? :blink:

I guess you've heard some of their music...maybe you just didn't know who the band was.

"Don't you listen to the radio? :blink: " Yeah, but I don't think they play that sort of music on BBC Radio 2 :lol:

"I guess you've heard some of their music...maybe you just didn't know who the band was."

I suppose that's a possibility, but if I have done, it's never left a lasting impression on me to seek out what I'd just listened to. To be honest I seriously don't think I've heard anything by them.

Ok, then...I'll take it, you didn't shout at me, but you scared me to death typing in red...and besides, you're way bigger than me. :blink:

So you don't know anything by Metallica??

neither do I. :blink:

Better like this? :'(

Ok, then...I'll take it, you didn't shout at me, but you scared me to death typing in red...and besides, you're way bigger than me. :blink:

So you don't know anything by Metallica??

neither do I. :blink:

Better like this? :'(

I was only typing in red to show the difference between your specific questions and my responses to those questions. Nothing more, nothing less. How could I, or anyone for that matter, ever shout at you???? :wub::lol:

No....Metallica fans are dopes (I mean live at the concert)...the whole mash-pit thing, etc....their audience wouldn't mix well with the older Zep fans....at all...plus who the hell wants to sit through two hours of shit to hear one of the greatest bands ever live...not me...rather see the Cult open (if the rumors are true)!!!

I was only typing in red to show the difference between your specific questions and my responses to those questions. Nothing more, nothing less. How could I, or anyone for that matter, ever shout at you???? :wub::lol:

*sigh of relief*

:blush:

I couldn't shout at her :D

:blush: :blush:

:wub:

:thanku:

If they were to have an opening act I think I have just the recipe.

They are from the same era and not to heavy but a great jam band to warm up the crowd.

Don't know what their status is though.

How about "The J. Geils Band" ?

• 2 weeks later...

Metallica it's great and all, but i don't think it would be a good idea to have a Metallica & Zeppelin show. Maybe a song on some show would be bad, but a all show...? Don't think it would work.

I like Metallica but I just dont love them like I do with Led Zeppelin. Metallica has too many songs that are just metal. Not that that is bad but I just dont like music like that.

Back to the topic, I could not see a Led Zeppelin and Metallica tour happen. They are too entirely different genres. Metallica is metal and Led Zeppelin is classic rock. Led Zeppelin has some amaizng songs that are epic (i.e. Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir). They don't really have any songs in their catalog that are metal. Now Metallica is good but they are not great. Many of their songs start to sound the same and most of them are all just pure metal. Now songs like One, Fade to Black could be considered softer but at the same time they do lead into some solos that are great but are just well metal.

Bottom line is that I could not see Led Zeppelin playing any music that is metal and I could not see Metallica playing any of Zeppelin's classics as well as their earlier bluesy stuff. I think that if the two performed together it would have a negative impact on each bands reputation and career.

I could understand Sabbath and Metallica...or Zeppelin and Sabbath....or Zeppelin and Purple / Wishbone Ash / Heep etc. etc.

Even Zeppelin and Tool or Rush....

But Zeppelin and Metallica ??? Just don't see the connection. The 70s rock legends (who even then tried to distance themselves from "heavy metal" bands like Sabbath) with the 80s/90s thrash metal band whose creative star burned out 10+ years ago??? :blink:

I could understand Sabbath and Metallica...or Zeppelin and Sabbath....or Zeppelin and Purple / Wishbone Ash / Heep etc. etc.

Even Zeppelin and Tool or Rush....

But Zeppelin and Metallica ??? Just don't see the connection. The 70s rock legends (who even then tried to distance themselves from "heavy metal" bands like Sabbath) with the 80s/90s thrash metal band whose creative star burned out 10+ years ago??? :blink:

I agree .I think the audieces are really different overall.Not that there arent some crossover.I have been to both.different mentality.I could actually see where fights could break out by lugheads arguing who's better.Too much fanatism on both sides.

Archived