Which is the font?

Alex Sánchez

Hi people, I'm new here on the forum but it can't mean that I dislike Led Zep. Totally false =D I love them!!! <3

Well, I need some help, I have tattooed the 4 Led Zep's symbols in my arm as you can see in the photo, but I want to complete it. I want to write (below or under?) the sentence "And She's Buying A Stairway To Heaven" from the best of the bests, but I want to do it with the same font that appears inside the album (see the second photo) but it's impossible to me to find the font ='(

It would be something amazing if someone can tell the name of the font or to send it to me if he/she got it. I have a magazine (This is Rock) dedicated to them and in it you can read some info about the font, it says: "Wrote in a weird tipography of the XIX century..." I don't know anymore =(

Imagen581.jpg

Inside3-4.jpg

Help me please!!!

Hi people, I'm new here on the forum but it can't mean that I dislike Led Zep. Totally false =D I love them!!! <3

Well, I need some help, I have tattooed the 4 Led Zep's symbols in my arm as you can see in the photo, but I want to complete it. I want to write (below or under?) the sentence "And She's Buying A Stairway To Heaven" from the best of the bests, but I want to do it with the same font that appears inside the album (see the second photo) but it's impossible to me to find the font ='(

It would be something amazing if someone can tell the name of the font or to send it to me if he/she got it. I have a magazine (This is Rock) dedicated to them and in it you can read some info about the font, it says: "Wrote in a weird tipography of the XIX century..." I don't know anymore =(

Imagen581.jpg

Inside3-4.jpg

Help me please!!!

Hi Alex,

For the past couple of hours i have been sifting through thousands of fonts but to no avail, then i found this gem.

"The typeface for the lyrics to "Stairway to Heaven", printed on the inside sleeve of the album, was Page's contribution. He found it in an old arts and crafts magazine called Studio Magazine which dated from the late 19th century. He thought the lettering was interesting and arranged for someone to work up a whole alphabet."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zeppelin_IV

No wonder my search ammounted to nothing, good luck with your search, i hope you fine the name of the font and if you do please inform us would you? in the mean time i will try contacting a few friends in the industry for their help.

Regards, Danny

PS, Jimmy had to have a hand in it didnt he?

Hey BIGDAN, thank you very very much, your information is very important for me (Oh my god!). I was searching for a time and I was starting to feel dissapointed... I think that my search was not enough just in spanish :$

If I find something new you'll know it, be sure =) and more... If I make my tattoo I'll post a photo of it =D

@Kneeby & @Walter I thought this idea but it's just a personal question xD thx anyway! You'll see it too!

Hey BIGDAN, thank you very very much, your information is very important for me (Oh my god!). I was searching for a time and I was starting to feel dissapointed... I think that my search was not enough just in spanish :$

If I find something new you'll know it, be sure =) and more... If I make my tattoo I'll post a photo of it =D

@Kneeby & @Walter I thought this idea but it's just a personal question xD thx anyway! You'll see it too!

You are very welcome Alex, and the search will go ever on, until i can write Knebby a love letter in that font. :o;):lol:

Regards, Danny

Imagen581.jpg

Inside3-4.jpg

Help me please!!!

That's incredible!

I just got the same tattoo a couple days ago.

Still kinda sore though.

I didn't have room for the words, though.

lztat.jpg

That's incredible!

I just got the same tattoo a couple days ago.

Still kinda sore though.

I didn't have room for the words, though.

lztat.jpg

:blink::o

TypeO...what the fuck?!? Surely that's a temporary tattoo, right? Where do you work that would allow an employee to have a tatt on their forehead where clients/customers could see? That is definitely NOT corporate attire, hahaha.

I think the tattoo is fine the way it is. Not sure if it's necessary to add the line from STH to it. JMHO. To each their own.

I agree you SuperDave, my tattoo it's fine the way it is and I'm thinking about to complete it or to put the line in another place of my body.

Anyway... What's the meaning of JMHO? Sorry for my ignorance... Maybe it's Just My Humlble Opinion?

:blink::o

TypeO...what the fuck?!? Surely that's a temporary tattoo, right? Where do you work that would allow an employee to have a tatt on their forehead where clients/customers could see? That is definitely NOT corporate attire, hahaha.

Funny you should ask...

I'm a graphic artist.

I'm particularly proficient with Photoshop.

lulz.

That's AWESOME Type O! :thumbsup:

I just thought it was a temporary, also.

Ha, thanks.

I often chop pictures of myself, just to throw people off.

I had a guy going on another forum when he started going e-thug on me, threatening to do me bodily harm, etc.

So I told him I could whip his ass easily, despite my condition...

84946cdc72e1d4cd.jpg

Also chop my kids' photos, sometimes...

6774_1024921562132_1798059110_51604_1653708_n.jpg

And of course, when I purchased Mothership, I had some believing I had visited a familiar landmark...

thum_8494775607259e02.jpg

Sometimes I feel like it takes more than one of me to get all my work done...

84948b44fde68a54.jpg

Deja vu...

6774_1024922482155_1798059110_51607_474890_n.jpg

And some memes are just too great to ignore...

8494c210e6c5feed.jpg

Maybe I'll start a thread to display a lot of my "chops".

Not tonight, though.

Sorry guys but te subject here is another one, I'm still searching and I will be happy if you can help me a little. Keep on searching please!

Hi Alex,

No worries, but it might be that Jimmy has kept it for himself and it is not out there in the font community, if so you will never be able to find its name, i dont know what else to do to find it, good luck with your search.

Regards, Danny

Well BigDan, I wish you were wrong. I have lots of clues but any of them can bring me to the answer ='(

I'll keep on searching and if I couln't find it I guess I will decide for the font who appears at Mothership or at Houses of the Holy. What do you think about that?

One of the very best resources for identifying unique fonts is at What The Font

Either upload a sample of the font you are trying to identify according to their upload instructions, or try their Forums, where tons of users with lots of experience and knowledge will offer their best guess.

My professional guess is that it was hand-lettered, calligraphy-style, for the album.

However, many font developers create fonts based on popular / known lettering, and those are more often than not free.

Anyway, good luck with that.

Archived