PLANKING

JiMiHeNdRiX1967

The new craze that people do is to PLANK, what is planking? Well, its when you lay down straight, thats it. People at my school started and I had absolutely no clue what it was, so what do you think about it. 2 weeks after first seeing it i was planking on a bench in front of Cinderella Castle at Disney world

I think its some stupid fad that will be gone by the end of the summer

Naturally...because who has ever lied down before?

Oh yeah, only EVERYBODY IN THE WHOLE FRIGGIN WORLD!!!

Seriously, that's the best you kids can come up with? Ooooh, let's lie down...that'll freak people out. Wild!

No wonder people fear for the future if this is what passes for a new and crazy trend. Excuse me, I'm about to plank in my bed and read the paper.

apparently the object is to get photographed while doing it in the most bizarre/dangerous/funny place and it's not just kids doing it.

we had a young man die while doing it here in oz. very , vary sad.

a few celebs have done it too.

planker rhymes with ........... case in point sam newman, local football commentator/major dickhead. can't stand this jerk.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/world-22186928/newman-planks-on-balcony-25252864.html

Sounds like a lot of fun!

But not nearly as much fun as a game where you kick people in the ribcase as hard as you can who are lying around on the ground in your way. ;)

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

:thumbsup:

Naturally...because who has ever lied down before?

Oh yeah, only EVERYBODY IN THE WHOLE FRIGGIN WORLD!!!

Seriously, that's the best you kids can come up with? Ooooh, let's lie down...that'll freak people out. Wild!

No wonder people fear for the future if this is what passes for a new and crazy trend. Excuse me, I'm about to plank in my bed and read the paper.

:hysterical: Strider!!!!!!!!!!! Goodness me, you made me laugh so hard that I almost fell off my chair and my mom thought I was sick or something!

Planking is not lying on your back. In order to do a proper plank, you lie on the ground, on your stomach and lift yourself up by your elbows. You are also supporting your lower body with your toes. It is actually a very good exercise for your core. Why anyone would do this in public just for grins is beyond me.

And Steve buttsmack.gif for the above comment.

EDIT: Sorry Steve. Spoke too soon. blush.gif I just saw the photos of stupidity in action at the Home Run Derby. Really?!! Is catching a ball important enough to risk your life? Isn't having been born with a pair enough?

Planking is not lying on your back. In order to do a proper plank, you lie on the ground, on your stomach and lift yourself up by your elbows. You are also supporting your lower body with your toes. It is actually a very good exercise for your core. Why anyone would do this in public just for grins is beyond me.

It isn't the same thing as the Yoga move "The Plank". The idea is to lay still and stiff, on your stomach, with your arms straight at your sides - to look like a plank. It tends to work. ;)

:yesnod: Yep, that's also my experience with planks. For those of you who haven't done this before, try to hold it for 60 seconds...

And Steve buttsmack.gif for the above comment.

EDIT: Sorry Steve. Spoke too soon. blush.gif I just saw the photos of stupidity in action at the Home Run Derby. Really?!! Is catching a ball important enough to risk your life? Isn't having been born with a pair enough?

The man that fell to his death didn't die at the Home Run Derby. He died a few days ago. Texas Ranger Josh Hamilton threw him a baseball, and he leaned over to catch it, and fell.

The man that fell to his death didn't die at the Home Run Derby. He died a few days ago. Texas Ranger Josh Hamilton threw him a baseball, and he leaned over to catch it, and fell.

What's being referred to is a fan, who to me appeared to be drunk (he was standing on an unstable metal table - barefoot), was trying to catch his THIRD homerun ball at last night's derby. Well he fell over the railing and probably would have died too, except his friends grabbed him in the nick of time.

Joking about what happened last week is inexcusable and I hope nobody was referring to that tragedy.

What's being referred to is a fan, who to me appeared to be drunk (he was standing on an unstable metal table - barefoot), was trying to catch his THIRD homerun ball at last night's derby. Well he fell over the would have died too, except his friends grabbed him in the nick of time.

Joking about what happened last week is inexcusable and I hope nobody was referring to that tragedy.

Yes, that is what I was referring to and I don't find humor in the Rangers fan's death. What bothers me is the second guy had the audacity to do the same thing that killed the first guy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Not-again-Fan-almost-falls-from-stands-at-Home-?urn=mlb-wp12376

Archived