What song was No.1 on the day you were born?

Mudbugclub

According to 1050 CHUM (Toronto)

I was born in Montreal butt it's the closest chart to my birthplace that I can find

the week of August 20th 1962, I was born on the 26th so I guess this one counts

it was

The Locomotion by Little Eva

hmmmmmm strange I've always liked that tune

In the U.K. it was I Remember You - Frank Ifield

In the U>S. it was Sheila - Tommy Roe

In Australia it was Silver Threads and Golden Needles - The Springfields

Without You - Mariah Carey (UK)

The Sign - Ace of Base (US)

It's Alright - East 17

I haven't heard of any of these songs. :mellow:

Oh come on, you've never heard that song that goes, "I saw the sign, it opened up my eyes I saw the sign"? Haha, finally I get to talk about whippersnappers, lol! That song was everywhere for a while. I don't remember the other two, though, so don't feel too bad. I must've heard the Mariah Carey song before, but it's not ringing any bells right now.

The Chipmunk Song :unsure:

(all right you Chipmunks! Ready to sing your song?

-I'll say we are!

-Yeah!

-Let's sing it now!

Okay, Simon?

-Okay!

Okay, Theodore?

-Okay!

Okay, Alvin? Alvin? ALVIN!

-OKAY!!!)

Christmas, Christmas time is near

Time for toys and time for cheer

We've been good, but we can't last

Hurry Christmas, hurry fast

Want a plane that loops the loop

Me, I want a hula hoop

We can hardly stand the wait

Please Christmas, don't be late.

Okay fellas get ready

That was very good, Simon.

-Naturally.

Very good Theodore.

-Ahhh.

Ah, Alvin, you were a little flat, watch it.

Ah, Alvin. Alvin. ALVIN!

-OKAY.

Want a plane that loops the loop

I still want a hula hoop

Very good, boys

-Lets sing it again! Yeah, lets sing it again!

No, That's enough, lets not overdo it

-What do you mean overdo it?

-We want to sing it again!

Now wait a minute, boys

-Why can't we sing it again?

-[chipmunk chatter]

Alvin, cut that out..Theodore, just a minute.

Simon will you cut that out? Boys...

Oh come on, you've never heard that song that goes, "I saw the sign, it opened up my eyes I saw the sign"? Haha, finally I get to talk about whippersnappers, lol! That song was everywhere for a while. I don't remember the other two, though, so don't feel too bad. I must've heard the Mariah Carey song before, but it's not ringing any bells right now.

Nope, not ringing any bells. Born in '94, wasn't allowed to listen to popular music til about 2003…didn't discover Zep until 2004. I seriously didn't know anything about modern music or anything. Haha, I still don't know anything about today's popular music!

I just looked up that song, and it doesn't sound familiar at all. Oh well. :lol:

Nope, not ringing any bells. Born in '94, wasn't allowed to listen to popular music til about 2003…didn't discover Zep until 2004. I seriously didn't know anything about modern music or anything. Haha, I still don't know anything about today's popular music!

I just looked up that song, and it doesn't sound familiar at all. Oh well. :lol:

Well, I can't blame you then. I know what you mean - I didn't really start listening to pop music until 1997, and it took me 'til 2001 to get into Zep, so I wasn't exactly on the pop culture fast track, either. That was a pretty big song, though; for it to have gotten through my lack of musical knowledge was quite a feat.

Well, I can't blame you then. I know what you mean - I didn't really start listening to pop music until 1997, and it took me 'til 2001 to get into Zep, so I wasn't exactly on the pop culture fast track, either. That was a pretty big song, though; for it to have gotten through my lack of musical knowledge was quite a feat.

I can't even believe what I used to listen to…it is such crap. Holy god. :rolleyes: And the fact that I sort of liked it bugs me. But then again, I didn't know what was out there, much like many of us who were born after Zep, actually… until we finally came to our senses, that is! :lol:

The only pop songs I know are the twenty or so that I knew of when I was into pop a little bit. And of course I'd heard some of the super big hits that are unavoidable, but other than that… nothing, really.

:lol:

Thunderclap Newman were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with the Pete Townshend produced track 'Something In The Air' featured on the soundtrack for the movie, 'The Magic Christian'. The band featured guitarist Jimmy McCulloch who went on to work with Wings.

On a better note, a couple of years earlier Jimi Hendrix was honorably discharged from the Army on the same day.

I can't even believe what I used to listen to…it is such crap. Holy god. :rolleyes: And the fact that I sort of liked it bugs me. But then again, I didn't know what was out there, much like many of us who were born after Zep, actually… until we finally came to our senses, that is! :lol:

The only pop songs I know are the twenty or so that I knew of when I was into pop a little bit. And of course I'd heard some of the super big hits that are unavoidable, but other than that… nothing, really.

:lol:

Oh jeez, I know...I hit age 12 right when the Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears got all big...I saw N'Sync in concert for cripe's sake. (where's that head thwack smiley?) That, unfortunately, is where my musical knowledge really began. What horrible timing! Yep, thank god we came to our senses. High five for being cooler than the average Plain White T's fan despite our circumstances! :D

Archived