JIMMY PAGE LAUNCHES OFFICIAL WEBSITE

sam_webmaster

I agree just give it a chance, I like the site, it is put together beautifully! I'm sure the mistakes will be corrected....there is a feedback option at the bottom of the page under Assistance. After all this is a first step and a work in progress, just glad that Jimmy has taken this step!

I agree just give it a chance, I like the site, it is put together beautifully! I'm sure the mistakes will be corrected....there is a feedback option at the bottom of the page under Assistance. After all this is a first step and a work in progress, just glad that Jimmy has taken this step!

Yes, that is what I was saying too, Garnet7, everyone, give it a chance!

You would think that if Jimmy was working on some fresh material or a Zep related project he would have released info on it on this site of his. As of right now I am pretty unimpressed with this Jimmypage.com. There is nothing here i didn't already know...the only new thing on the whole site is a snippet of a guitar riff from who knows when.

The news section as it turns out will be more of a daily diary. Of course il give it some time but this hardly anything worth visiting for a real fan.

One thing i did find somewhat interesting was the list of session work that is posted on the site. Now I am sure that Jimmy's session work has been documented elsewhere for sometime but this is definitely the most comprehensive list we are ever going to get.

Now with that out of the way I will say something many of you are already thinking. Did we really need another site for this?

My notification e-mail from JimmyPage.com was date stamped 6:34am (I live in the Central Time Zone...).

The User Name "The Rover" was already taken when I Registered, so...

I registered with Rover 777.

I have tried to login with the link provided in the registration confirmation e-mail this afternoon, but, that part of the website may be overwhelmed at this time. When I go to the home page, it just asks me to login again....like a loop or something...

I am going to clear the cache and try again :D

Not exactly fan friendly is it? I love the idea of the site, and the direction or conception if you will, they were going for, but it needs some work, which is no big deal.

People should be able to read the content on a website without having to adjust settings or highlight text. And an active objective for it to keep people interested such as a new tidbit every day is very cool. Not archiving it is very questionable, but hey, can't win them all. Time will tell.

I've logged in and taken a look around at this new site:

With the exception of a candid photo by Scarlet Page and the clip of The One That Got Away there is nothing I hadn't seen or heard before.

All of the photos being presented are watermarked with painfully detracting "JP" and "Jimmy Page.com".

The chronological live date index is riddled with omissions and mispelled words - as expected.

The gold on blue text is very difficult to read.

There is no clicking and saving allowed whatsoever.

No interactivity. No streaming video. No audio content.

:slapface:

Agree on these points. I like this picture in particular...

jimmynew-1.png

He has almost sort of pulled it out of the bag no one expected the best website ever, but the website IMO is pretty spectacular.

I like the idea of it, don't get me wrong, but it's far from spectacular IMO. Think of how long this site took to debut. That's one thing I do not understand. Maybe they wanted a years worth of daily tidbits in advance, and that was the time consumer? The minimal content should not have taken so long...Looks like they spent more time watermarking pictures than anything else.

I like the idea of it, don't get me wrong, but it's far from spectacular IMO. Think of how long this site took to debut. That's one thing I do not understand. Maybe they wanted a years worth of daily tidbits in advance, and that was the time consumer? The minimal content should not have taken so long.

So, if it hadn't taken "so long" to put together (Page only has about 50 years in the biz) you would be more satisfied with the results?

Congratulations, Jimmy! The website is beautifully designed, looks absolutely marvelous. And it's easy to use and to find everything there. There is a lot up already on the first day, and there can be no doubt that errors and omissions will be corrected in due course...and a lot added to the site as well. Over time this will become a tremendous resource to fans of Jimmy's and of Led Zeppelin.

So, if it hadn't taken "so long" to put together (Page only has about 50 years in the biz) you would be more satisfied with the results?

I am satisfied that it's not a site selling tee shirts and Ross's pictures. That was the only thing that would have pissed me off, even though he is entiteled to do so. Not really sure how you equate Jimmy being in the "biz" with how long his site took to debut, but to each his own.

I guess they have some work to do in as far as when I looked at tour dates for when I seen The Firm in Arizona, they show the venue being "Compton Terrace" when it was actually the ASU Activity Center. I was there.

Love it!

Archived