JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Actually you all missed all of it. You cut out that he talks about the day at the bottom of each of the pictures. You all seemed to miss that. I don't mean to post everything all over again, but in case anyone is romotely interested before it comes down tomorrow.

824111.jpg

824112.jpg

824113.jpg

824114.jpg

824115-1.jpg

8241166.jpg

824117.jpg

824118.jpg

824119.jpg

8241110-1.jpg

8241111.jpg

Yes, he also speaks highly of her in his book too.

I'm always happy to see such wonderful photos of Jimmy from this big event in 2008.Thanks ledzepfilm and aen27!Ross Halfin's work is wonderful too,as always.

I do believe that Jimmy has a crush on Leona. blush.gif

I love this photo of him. Thanks for posting. thumbsup.gif

Jimmy is always a gentelman (at least) for a classy woman. ;):D

Leona Lewis talks about Jimmy Page.She talks how Jimmy was kind to her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1060175/Leona-Lewis-The-girl-stays-picture.html

She is of course talking about the Olympics. She and Jimmy Page were flown out to Beijing to perform Led Zeppelin’s rock classic Whole Lotta Love on top of a double-decker bus – flanked by David Beckham – as part of London’s dubious contribution to the handover ceremony.

To enable the surprise ‘reveal’, she, Page and Beckham spent much of their time in a tiny, secret chamber inside the bus, each tied to a pod which then lifted them up to the audience once the ‘bus’ had unfolded into a travelling stage.

'It looked amazing when I watched it. But I can’t tell you how incredibly uncomfortable it was. We were in there for hours during rehearsals and the actual show itself. It was so hot I was terrified I’d pass out. 'All I could think about was that once I was finally lifted into the air my hair would be a state and all my make-up would have run down my face. Jimmy was the same. And we couldn’t even whisper to David. He was in this separate little pod next to ours.’ Pairing a reality-show diva with a rock legend helped them both: Page gave Lewis instant credibility and she gave him a whole new teenage audience.‘No one would ever have thought to put the two of us together. Led Zeppelin and Leona? It isn’t a combination you’d normally think of, is it? But as soon as I was asked by the Olympics committee I was excited.

'I met Jimmy and he was lovely. I completely knew who he was, because loads of my aunts were huge fans of his. What amazed me was that he knew who I was. He’d seen me on The X Factor and he even asked me for an autograph for his granddaughter. He was so lovely to me.'

Actually you all missed all of it. You cut out that he talks about the day at the bottom of each of the pictures. You all seemed to miss that. I don't mean to post everything all over again, but in case anyone is romotely interested before it comes down tomorrow.

824111.jpg

824112.jpg

824113.jpg

824114.jpg

824115-1.jpg

8241166.jpg

824117.jpg

824118.jpg

824119.jpg

8241110-1.jpg

8241111.jpg

Yes, he also speaks highly of her in his book too.

thanks aen 27, but you missed the one where he said " along with many, i had been intoxicated by leonas performances on the x factor " :)

i love that he asked her for an autograph. maybe he does have a little crush .....

Very interesting. I wonder what the first recording produced by Jimmy was.

"I routined with Nico in her muse flat..." I can translate the mews flat part, but using routine as a verb has me confused.

Here's Jimmy's song "Just Like Anyone Would Do" by Fifth Avenue

Thanks for posting that, it's quite a song. I like those songs he wrote that are unencumbered by a specific approach and its limitations.

I think its great music. Thanks again.

I'm always happy to see such wonderful photos of Jimmy from this big event in 2008.Thanks ledzepfilm and aen27!Ross Halfin's work is wonderful too,as always.

Jimmy is always a gentelman (at least) for a classy woman. ;):D

Leona Lewis talks about Jimmy Page.She talks how Jimmy was kind to her.

http://www.dailymail...ys-picture.html

She is of course talking about the Olympics. She and Jimmy Page were flown out to Beijing to perform Led Zeppelin's rock classic Whole Lotta Love on top of a double-decker bus – flanked by David Beckham – as part of London's dubious contribution to the handover ceremony.

To enable the surprise 'reveal', she, Page and Beckham spent much of their time in a tiny, secret chamber inside the bus, each tied to a pod which then lifted them up to the audience once the 'bus' had unfolded into a travelling stage.

'It looked amazing when I watched it. But I can't tell you how incredibly uncomfortable it was. We were in there for hours during rehearsals and the actual show itself. It was so hot I was terrified I'd pass out. 'All I could think about was that once I was finally lifted into the air my hair would be a state and all my make-up would have run down my face. Jimmy was the same. And we couldn't even whisper to David. He was in this separate little pod next to ours.' Pairing a reality-show diva with a rock legend helped them both: Page gave Lewis instant credibility and she gave him a whole new teenage audience.'No one would ever have thought to put the two of us together. Led Zeppelin and Leona? It isn't a combination you'd normally think of, is it? But as soon as I was asked by the Olympics committee I was excited.

'I met Jimmy and he was lovely. I completely knew who he was, because loads of my aunts were huge fans of his. What amazed me was that he knew who I was. He'd seen me on The X Factor and he even asked me for an autograph for his granddaughter. He was so lovely to me.'

Ahhh...Jimmy used the old, "it's for my granddaughter" line biggrin.gif

Mah pleasure. Someone on YouTube has posted a lot of early JP songs 'n performances from the Guitar Slinger (bootleg?) release.

Quoting MadScreamingGallery: "Lastly, I really don't want to go round with you and Steve about Jimmy's site and his level of involvement with it, especially because these are our (yours, mine, Steve's) individual opinions. I am enjoying Jimmy's site, as are my friends, and we look forward to his daily updates and sharing and talking about them."

Me too! I love Pagey's site, it's wonderful. We were just discussing the occasional awkward language because it's interesting; it may give a clue as to who is writing [some of] the daily entries. I was under the impression we too were "sharing and talking" about Jimmy's site, I don't know how you were interpreting it.

Back to today's feature: he definitely sounds smitten :)

thanks aen 27, but you missed the one where he said " along with many, i had been intoxicated by leonas performances on the x factor " :)

i love that he asked her for an autograph. maybe he does have a little crush .....

Thank you so caring enough to notice. I missed posting that one.

I also think that she impressed him by doing well singing a song that he was one of the writers. He is also very kind.

Thanks AEN27 for posting that interesting video.......

....very fascinating details again by Jimmy about Aug. 25, 1970 Nashville today...

according to Zep.Com Timeline reviews for Nashville, here is another interesting song Zep played in Nashville...

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/node/527/5299#comment-5299

James Gang, The Bomber....

...edited for clarity..

Thanks AEN27 for posting that interesting video..

....very fascinating details again by Jimmy about Aug. 25, 1970 Nashville today...

according to Zep.Com Timeline reviews for Nashville, here is another interesting song Zep played in Nashville...

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/node/527/5299#comment-5299

James Gang, The Bomber....

...edited for clarity..

You're welcome. It turns out that Jimmy posted this version of song instead of the Lovin Spoonful one. I thought his memory of this was very interesting too. I did not know the song, but have gotten a little more used to it. It's fun. :D

8/25/11

Thank you, aen27. :)

Thanks AEN27 for posting that interesting video.......

I think the details provided are fascinating too. It's interesting that Jimmy's perceptions of California were probably based on the time he spent in the Bay Area and Hollywood. I remember the Police Chief of Los Angeles at that time was very aggressive, often very tough on fans (I was at a Pink Floyd concert where similar tactics were used).

I'll add that earlier the same day in Nashville, Terry Manning delivered the 'Led Zeppelin III' masters directly to Peter Grant, who sent them to the pressing plants

Thank you, aen27. :)

I think the details provided are fascinating too. It's interesting that Jimmy's perceptions of California were probably based on the time he spent in the Bay Area and Hollywood. I remember the Police Chief of Los Angeles at that time was very aggressive, often very tough on fans (I was at a Pink Floyd concert where similar tactics were used).

....MSG, and this "long hair cultural movement" was making strong impact on rest of the world ....I remember the strong impact of this movement...it was more "fashionable" as in clothing/accessories, the physical appearance....we didn't have the freedom to rebel, but I learned all that much later ;)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Nice add SAJ! :thumbsup:

It's tidbits like that, and what Jimmy's site said about the Nashville show, which makes this forum so awesome!! Thanks again! :)

....it is a noteworthy addition.....( as usual).........

Richard Cole STH/Page 139......

"Two weeks later after we had returned to London, Led Zep III invaded the record stores.........Advance Orders in the U.S. approached

750,000; in the United Kingdom, they exceeded 60,000. On its first day in the record racks, the album turned gold."

Archived