JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Anyone know what guitar Jimmy is playing here? Its the same colors as my gibson les paul. I've never seen Jimmy with that color, If thats a custom gibson...hes playing the same thing i inherited! Probably a different year of course, mine is a 74'

Thanks LedZep342. Hope everything is well with you with the Hurricane. Could be a rough night as we both live on the CT shoreline.

Send me a PM if you wish. Let's hope the our power remains throughout. :D

I am hoping we don't lose power either. I am in MA.

Anyone know what guitar Jimmy is playing here? Its the same colors as my gibson les paul. I've never seen Jimmy with that color, If thats a custom gibson...hes playing the same thing i inherited! Probably a different year of course, mine is a 74'

It's Jeff Beck's Les Paul. (Jeff left the guitar after leaving the Yardbirds in 1966). I have another pic of Jeff with that guitar in a Yardbird's promo photo before Jimmy joined.

Thanks LedZep342. Hope everything is well with you with the Hurricane. Could be a rough night as we both live on the CT shoreline.

Send me a PM if you wish. Let's hope the our power remains throughout. :D

Yea, let's hope for the best!:D Maybe it won't be so bad... the wind has went down a bit, who knows...

I hope everyone is prepared if the power is to go out, lets hope not!:D

I very much LIKE today's "ON THIS DAY" entry.

It not only features my favorite place on the planet (New Orleans), but one of my favorite artists.

Snooks Eaglin was a solid staple at our local NOLA establishment called Mid-City Lanes Rock 'n Bowl where he "schooled" many of his fellow musicians!

He also was a favorite performer at Jazz Fest!

Unfortunately Mr. Eaglin died a couple of years ago, but I have to think we still have many coming up behind him, such as Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, who share and love New Orleans music as much as Mr. Eaglin did!

Also wanted to add... It is very nice of Mr. Page to give a shout-out to NOLA on the 6th anniversary of Katrina! Thanks, Mr. Page!

You just can't take the Zeppelin out of the man, I guess. It'll be there forever.

I love reading these updates. When one of my friends shared this one with me earlier today, I laughed and smiled. Love this one. Did the band actually stay in San Antonio that night (and if so, where? The Menger?) or did they fly back to Dallas or New Orleans? Did any of the band members visit the old San Antonio music shops? I have a copy of the old photo (and receipt) that someone took of Keith Richards in one of those music shops (where he purchased a guitar) and I'm wondering if Jimmy or the other LZ members did the same thing.

Still lookin' good!!!

Wow!Thank you so much for putting this on here,aen27!It's really wonderful that Jimmy tells something by his own words(or sometimes by his true reliable staffs?)I remember this interview and Ross's great pics. :thanku:

Frankie Ford Single Released Jan. 1971, Zeppelin saw him in Aug '71 when they were in New Orleans above...

New Orleans 1971 Night Scene, Library archives.

neworleans71-1.jpg

...I tried to post today's, but it didn't quite work...thanks for posting, I'll practice..

Archived