JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

I have always been intrigued by the life and tragic death of Brian Jones.

This is a link to Ear Candy Mag website that discusses the "A Degree of Murder", soundtrack Jimmy played on and even how this episode of Brian's life is shrouded in mystery and tragedy. A Degree of Murder

I love Degree of Murder. As I have said before, I wish Criterion or BFI would fix it up. It is only avaiable dubbed by Beat Video. A real soundtrack doesn't even exist. I am so happy he talked about it tonight. All the pictures posted, also appear in his book.

I think the On This Day feature has lived up to its potential at times. Examples of that are the great day off picture with the nice summer music, and the groovy Baby Who's Driving Your Car song. They were very nice.

I think the On This Day feature has lived up to its potential at times. Examples of that are the great day off picture with the nice summer music, and the groovy Baby Who's Driving Your Car song. They were very nice.

I think over all the feature has very much lived up to the potential, although I am always left with wanting more....but that is Mr. Page's forte!

I love the photos from today's ON THIS DAY...

They are very dark and surreal in a very film noir way.

That being said, I would have liked a little more explanation about the photographs.

Aen27, in Jimmy's book is there more of an explanation about who is in the photos other than of course Brian and Jimmy?

I love Degree of Murder. As I have said before, I wish Criterion or BFI would fix it up. It is only avaiable dubbed by Beat Video. A real soundtrack doesn't even exist. I am so happy he talked about it tonight. All the pictures posted, also appear in his book.

Aen27, in Jimmy's book is there more of an explanation about who is in the photos (esp. in those film noir-esque reflections) other than of course Brian and Jimmy?

Aen27, in Jimmy's book is there more of an explanation about who is in the photos (esp. in those film noir-esque reflections) other than of course Brian and Jimmy?

He doesn't explain who the other people are. He only says that Ian Stewart took the photos.

Love it! Saw the Outrider tour show in Tampa a few days later, from the 4th row center!! As I walked in, I was to the right of the stage and YELLED (I emphasize because I was about a twelve-pack in at that point) to Jimmy as he was getting ready to take the stage and he waved to me!!! I know, sounds ridiculous, but meant the world to me and still does! Great, great show it was! :thumbsup:

He was simply mesmerizing during In My Time Of Dying with the slide guitar and the bow/pyramid of lights section followed by the Dazed jam was unbelievable!!! Great times, great memories! B)

I expected Honolulu 1970

I expected Outrider bass player Durban Laverde's name to be spelled correctly (Lerverdi ?! :slapface: )

No, actually I guess I didn't.

If they couldn't spell Paul Rodgers' name properly on Sept 1st, why should Durban Laverde be any different.

I expected Outrider bass player Durban Laverde's name to be spelled correctly (Lerverdi ?! :slapface: )

No, actually I guess I didn't.

If they couldn't spell Paul Rodgers' name properly on Sept 1st, why should Durban Laverde be any different.

seems it is getting worse, not better ......... :(

seems it is getting worse, not better ......... :(

I think we need to turn the mistakes into a drinking game. When a mistake has been made regarding a date, take a shot of whiskey. When a mistake happens regarding a name, drink a beer. When a mistake is made regarding anything else, take a shot of vodka. Whatever rules suits your fancy, go right ahead. It will make going to his site exciting since you will never know what drinks he has in store for you on any given day. ck.gif

I submitted corrections for missing Houston dates and some have not been implemented. In fact, at one point, Houston was listed as The United Kingdom. (Shot of vodka!) smack.gif

The drummer to the left of Page in the top pic is Ellington's drummer, Rufus "Speedy" Jones.

-Eric

Thanks Eric!

I love the "On This Day" feature as it really shows just what an amazing career Mr. Page has had!!!

Before Zep he had a whole career many people would have envied!

What a legacy!

Archived