JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Alexis Corner? Paul Rogers? Janice Joplin? Muse apartment? I can assure you Jimmy Page is not the writer.

i agree with you. why these mistakes have not been picked up and corrected is beyond me.

jimmy should employ you or one of the others from this site that actually take care with facts.

One of my favourite Firm tracks... Fabulous seductive melody.

Indi

The rule must have been "zero realism" which Tony Franklin blows by playing a couple of bass notes that are in sync with the studio recording. I think SG is the track that brought the most independent ears along, people that would be trending towards Sonic Y and deeper cuts of rock strata a couple of years later. Love Jimmy, love being on the inside of the experience.. but...this video is just ridiculous. They like to have fun I suppose.

Alexis Corner? Paul Rogers? Janice Joplin? Muse apartment? I can assure you Jimmy Page is not the writer.

Not meaning to be rude because I love your contributions, but nobody cares, Steve. The voice is consistent with his voice, the details are new to most of us, and I, like many, check it out every day because it's fun. Does he dictate them and somebody else types it? Probably. Yes, they should iron this out a bit but I think it's great.

TheFirmPhoto.jpg

So does this mean that they recorded "Cadillac" for the first album and it was pushed back to the second one? The very next day they finished mixing the first album. They could not have started the second one so soon since they did not have plans for a second album at the time. What gives?

Not meaning to be rude because I love your contributions, but nobody cares, Steve. The voice is consistent with his voice, the details are new to most of us, and I, like many, check it out every day because it's fun. Does he dictate them and somebody else types it? Probably. Yes, they should iron this out a bit but I think it's great.

i think steve was just pointing out how common and regular the mistakes are, and in this day and age it really is inexcusable, imo. don't get me wrong, i love the idea of the " on this day ", but why, oh why let it look so unprofessional when jimmy has always been the opposite of that ?

The rule must have been "zero realism" which Tony Franklin blows by playing a couple of bass notes that are in sync with the studio recording. I think SG is the track that brought the most independent ears along, people that would be trending towards Sonic Y and deeper cuts of rock strata a couple of years later. Love Jimmy, love being on the inside of the experience.. but...this video is just ridiculous. They like to have fun I suppose.

hey, i like the video! the coke bottle on guitar ...... les at the bar ..... :)

So does this mean that they recorded "Cadillac" for the first album and it was pushed back to the second one? The very next day they finished mixing the first album. They could not have started the second one so soon since they did not have plans for a second album at the time. What gives?

excerpt from Guitar World July 1986 ...Page 87

."..GW: Would you mind talking about some of the specific tracks from the albums? What are the effects you're doing at the beginning of "Cadillac" {from the Mean Business album}?

Page: What do you want to know? The effects at the beginning? it's trying to make the guitar sound as dirty as fucking possible, that's what it's trying to do.....

...............As far as that version of "Cadillac" goes, we were lucky to get it. Because it was a live number and you can't do that in a room with a couple of takes because it has to be alive..."

I had heard that Cadillac was one of those early written tracks that The Firm soemtimes played during the first tour. I saw the second tour (for Mean Business) and Jimmy played this track live with the Lake Placid Blue Stratocaster. I also recall another new song not on any of the LPs. (but it could have been from Paul Rodgers Cut Loose solo lp.)

Page: What do you want to know? The effects at the beginning? it's trying to make the guitar sound as dirty as fucking possible, that's what it's trying to do.....

Ooh he was churlish in that interview, before the personality transplant. He's now Gentleman Jim :) Just kidding - he had reason to be wary and even hostile toward the press.

P.S. I love the spooky track playing today "The Window." Doomy vibes, baby.

Archived