JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Thanks for these, Aen. I just managed to get to Jimmy's site tonight before this was taken down but I didn't have time to save all the photos. I'm fascinated by Jimmy's trip to Bombay and his impressions of his time there so it's wonderful to see his photos. I especially love the "blue" street scene he shot from the taxi window.

You're welcome, MSG!! :D I loved this entry. I am fasincated too by it. The 'blue' street scene was my favorite too. :D

And here are all of Jimmy's pictures from tonight that he took inside. I can really picture him inside here too. It's so him. :D

...Beautiful shots of the Castle, Thanks AEN27...I was trying to post but I am not that fast..

I think we are all enjoying Jimmy's insights from Music, travel, recording...just like he said, he wanted us to see many sides of him....we are here Mr. Page, for your next venture...

keep it coming.. :thanku::you_rock:

...Beautiful shots of the Castle, Thanks AEN27...I was trying to post but I am not that fast..

I think we are all enjoying Jimmy's insights from Music, travel, recording...just like he said, he wanted us to see many sides of him....we are here Mr. Page, for your next venture...

keep it coming.. :thanku::you_rock:

There are a couple of the outside shots think I recognize from the book, but he doesn't talk about it the way he did tonight. He uses the fish eye lens for some of the pictures of Headley.

I love this one tonight, though it does not have anything to do with music..he is covering his other interests too. The history of the castle is interesting, so I can understand how it would be of interest to him. :D

http://www.castlewales.com/roch.html

Hello PlanetPage :wave:, thanks for your lovely comment - you are always so gracious. It's always interesting to read your (and Jimmy's) memories of India. I found another of my photos of Bombay from the early 80s - I think it is outside of the old railway station - there is part of a blue billboard visible in the photo that is advertising Thril soft drink and part of the "Thril it up" slogan is visible. I'll PM or email it to you. I think some of the cultural and religious (e.g., Buddhism) traditions of Thailand have been influenced by India...they also share historical ties. Even though both have changed vastly, as Jimmy wrote "the soul remains the same" - it does...and that is why I always feel as if I'm coming home when I return to those countries. Thanks again. ~MSG

Hello MSG, I am touched by warmth that you expressed in your writing...

John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page forever remain part of my Home, from my youth to present.........

I just had to add, that I liked above entry so much. It was really a pleasant surprise. :D To see the world through Jimmy's eyes.

Really amazing how he decided to show us more of his collections from traveling.

Oh and good job aen, thanks for photos :)

I just had to add, that I liked above entry so much. It was really a pleasant surprise. :D To see the world through Jimmy's eyes.

Really amazing how he decided to show us more of his collections from traveling.

I loved it too. I am so happy he is covering the other parts of his life and letting us see with him. :D

Thanks AEN 27...

....Beautiful, Stunning shots from Hong Kong Visit Oct. 6, 1972 (from Japan Tour'72) ....they departed to Japan again on Oct. 8, 1972 (couple days off in between Japan'72 Tour)...Jimmy's white suit he wore at Kazar and in other shows in '73 he says was tailored in those 24 hr. tailoring shops in Hong Kong...

Source: Jimmy Page Official Autobio...Page 204 (I don't have these stamps readily scanned)

.........fascinating video...

....Beautiful, Stunning shots from Hong Kong Visit Oct. 6, 1972 (from Japan Tour'72)

Okay...I was wondering what Zep and Peter were doing in Japan in October 1976, which is the year posted on this Jimmy day today (Oct 6)?

I always wondered why after planning and announcing such a massive US 1977 Tour in late 1976, why no other dates in other parts of the globe were being discussed. When I saw this entry by Jimmy, I was thinking perhaps they were planning to go back to Japan, if there were there in October 1976, as stated in Jimmy's website entry today.

But it must be another incorrect entry by Jimmy's website team.

Hello MSG, I am touched by warmth that you expressed in your writing...

John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page forever remain part of my Home, from my youth to present.........

Thank you, PlanetPlage.

I just had to add, that I liked above entry so much. It was really a pleasant surprise. :DTo see the world through Jimmy's eyes.

Magenta, I like these entries so much and I love being able "to see the world through Jimmy's eyes" too. It gives me a bit more insight into who he is and what memories he took with him from his travels. Travel is my overriding passion in life (before music) so it's always interesting for me to read Jimmy's impressions of areas I've visited and to see his photos and films that he's selected to share with us.

So this was from 72 instead of 76? That would make more sense.

Hi Melanie, I think that's a typo. By 1976 the Queen Elizabeth was already burned and scrapped. This same ship and setting was used in a James Bond movie, "The Man with a Golden Gun" which filmed in the early 1970s. In the film, the ship looked similar to the way it appears in Jimmy's photo and video so I think he visited in 1972.

10/6/11

10611.jpg

I didn't go into saving each picture he took, as you can get a good sense from the main one. I liked this one too. I wished he had put in some pictures of them. :D

Thanks again for the photos, aen. The main one (background) is beautiful and I've saved that one separately so I'm glad you captured Jimmy's description.

My first trip to Hong Kong wasn't as eventful as Jimmy's in that our sampan to the floating restaurant didn't take on water but our arrival into the airport was one of the most breathtaking, memorable and stomach-churning I've experienced at a major city airport. Our plane flew in amazing low and close to and between the tall buildings but there must have been a problem with missing/overshooting the runway because right before landing it rose suddenly, banked sharply to one side, and re-circled the area before finally landing (I still remember alarm expressed by some of the passengers).

Reid looks like a preppy version of Jack White there

I thought he looked like Prince! Terry was years ahead with that asymmetrical (sp?) pixie haircut.

Anyway, it's really special that JP is sharing his home movies with the faithful. He's a good photographer too, our Jim.

I must say that I really like photo of a boat that is place in the upper right corner. Composition is just great. B) Diagonal

really made for a boat to pop up. But I have noticed something. I see that in both screen shots that aen and LedZep342 posted,

small photos are in rounds and text is rather “oriental“ font. Here on my comp when I check website,

for me text is sans serif, and small photos are in squares not rounds. Anyone else has the same situation?

I can post it here. :)

The Hong Kong trip was 1972 not 1976 :rant:

SAJ,

Have you been able to establish at all why there are so many factual mistakes on JP's site? If Jimmy is handing over the tapes and photos to a third party to upload, you would think that JP would be giving the accurate date, whether that information is submitted on paper or on tape. It makes me wonder if Jimmy is reading the site himself after each day goes live, because he would surely notice that other artists' names have been misspelt.

BTW, I've never known you have to use that particular emoticon before!!!

Archived