JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

I too was at the Knebworth 1990 gig...first time I had seen Page & Plant together since seeing Zep there 11 years previously, and I can remember how great it was to see Jimmy coming on stage at the end of Robert's set. What a great line-up too, seeing these guys the same day as McCartney and Pink Floyd. Cool.

July 1/12 I played The Roundhouse, London with The Yardbirds The Yardbirds played much psychedelia at the famed and respected Chalk Farm venue in London. The Roundhouse was in fact a Victorian building originally containing a railway turntable. I guess the trains kept ‘a rolling. http://roundhouseYBJPTD.jpg ...Roundhouse Venue http://www.musicpilg...ndex.php?id=120

...Roundhouse 1971 Film Footage Hippie Movement captured herein...in addition to many performances, including the Doors Footage recorded.. http://www.britishpa...uery/Roundhouse

Edited by PlanetPage

Hey!

It's been a year already...

I checked back to the first entry in this thread, looks like Jimmy's first entry is July 15, so we're almost there.

I'm a little surprised Jimmy hasn't done an "On This Day" entry for any of the 1980 Zep summer tour dates yet! We have 4 more entries from Jimmy to get one: July 2, 3, 5 and 7. You'd think he'd cover one of those tour dates, right?

I'm a little surprised Jimmy hasn't done an "On This Day" entry for any of the 1980 Zep summer tour dates yet! We have 4 more entries from Jimmy to get one: July 2, 3, 5 and 7. You'd think he'd cover one of those tour dates, right?

My answer to your question further illustrates just how extensive Jimmy's life in music has been...

July 2

1966 - Ram Jam Club in Brixton, England

1980 - Eisstadion in Mannheim, Germany

1995 - Olympiastadion in Munich, Germany

1998 - Rock n Roll Hall of Fame visit in Cleveland, OH

2000 - Tweeter Center for Performing Arts in Mansfield, MA

July 3

1966 - North Pier Pavilion in Blackpool, England

1980 - Eisstadion in Mannheim, Germany

1998 - Gund Arena in Cleveland, OH

July 5

1966 - Winter Gardens in Malvern, England

1969 - Atlanta International Pop Festival

1971 - Vigorelli Stadium in Milan, Italy

1980 - Olympiahalle in Munich, Germany

1985 - Dallas, TX (cancelled on account of Paul Rodgers knee injury)

1995 - Palau dels Esports in Madrid, Spain

July 7

1964 - Andrew Oldham Orchestra session at Decca Studios

1966 - Town Hall in Elgin, Scotland

1967 - Kerrisdale Arena in Vancouver

1968 - Luton College of Technology (disputed/unconfirmed date)

1973 - Chicago Stadium

1975 - North American Tour announcement

1980 - Eissporthalle in Berlin, Germany

1983 - Crown Court rules Jimmy will not face charges stemming from May 17th raid on his home

1998 - MCI Center in Washington, D.C.

2001 - Stravinski Auditorum in Montreux, Switzerland

Edited by SteveAJones

Wow, not one mention of either the 1972 or 1977 Los Angeles shows. I know Jimmy has lots to choose from but I would have thought he would have mentioned at least ONE...the 23rd of June for instance, when Keith Moon dropped by.

This should answer the question asked a few pages ago about whether Jimmy's OTD would just repeat itself when the year was up. Obviously with all the years Jimmy has been playing, each day of the year has multiple candidates for his OTD feature. Especially an active month such as June...Led Zeppelin always seemed to be touring in June.

Thankyou aen27 .. for some reason my OTD hasn't updated yet but I've just loved watching that video ... though a camera trained on Jimmy would not have gone amiss..

many thanks !

You're welcome. It is so much fun and I wish the camera was more on Jimmy too. :D I kind of had the feeling he would do these shows he did with them for tomorrow.

I love the way he says that July 4th is not celebrated in England .. I am pushed to think which US anniversaries we do mark.

One thing's for sure : we have really started to import the American Way of Halloween..

But somehow I feel that's not Jimmy's way of Halloween ....

...some additional photos via this Link...

http://joanjettbadre...Ron/ron03.shtml

I remember a few weeks after Live Aid I was watching channel 5 in New York City at around 1 am in the morning & this came on & I happend to have a blank videotape in the VCR. I jumped off of my couch with the first few 20 seconds of "Lucille" playing as I couldn't believe I was seeing Jimmy Page playing with The Beach Boys, I had no idea & I just lucked out by having it on for no good reason. I fumbled to record it & got it taping just before the first guitar solo. I watched this over & over again the rest of that summer as it made up for the Live Aid debacle in my mind as I knew Jimmy Page still had "it". The tossing of his sun glasses was so cool to this 12 year old & regardless of how sloppy he was I loved that last distorted solo & still do.

I love the way he says that July 4th is not celebrated in England .. I am pushed to think which US anniversaries we do mark.

One thing's for sure : we have really started to import the American Way of Halloween..

But somehow I feel that's not Jimmy's way of Halloween ....

I loved his comment about the 4th. It was very interesting, but it is very much how they feel about the 4th. I was in the UK during the 4th in 1988 and that's very much their feeling. "So?" Jimmy's was just a sweet verison of it.

I remember a few weeks after Live Aid I was watching channel 5 in New York City at around 1 am in the morning & this came on & I happend to have a blank videotape in the VCR. I jumped off of my couch with the first few 20 seconds of "Lucille" playing as I couldn't believe I was seeing Jimmy Page playing with The Beach Boys, I had no idea & I just lucked out by having it on for no good reason. I fumbled to record it & got it taping just before the first guitar solo. I watched this over & over again the rest of that summer as it made up for the Live Aid debacle in my mind as I knew Jimmy Page still had "it". The tossing of his sun glasses was so cool to this 12 year old & regardless of how sloppy he was I loved that last distorted solo & still do.

I absolutely love that moment too.

I loved his comment about the 4th. It was very interesting, but it is very much how they feel about the 4th. I was in the UK during the 4th in 1988 and that's very much their feeling. "So?" Jimmy's was just a sweet verison of it.

Yes, it would be a bit odd if they celebrated the fact they lost their former colonies.

Edited by SweetLittleBaby

For the July 4 concert appearances with the Beach Boys, imagine how neat and interesting it would have been if Jimmy got play theremin on Good Vibrations, and the improvisations he could have done with it.. Never the less it was great to see and hear footage of these appearances.

For the July 4 concert appearances with the Beach Boys, imagine how neat and interesting it would have been if Jimmy got play theremin on Good Vibrations, and the improvisations he could have done with it.. Never the less it was great to see and hear footage of these appearances.

Jimmy is a hack on the theremin. I've never heard him carry any melody on the instrument. He uses it as source of sound effects.