JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

I was there, third time I saw them that summer! Awesome, awesome show.

I was at the show too.......Jones Beach has such a laid back crowd.....might be the drinking and "partying " on the shore the day of the show? :)

12th July/12

http://yardbirdsauroraJPTD.jpg

Vintage Article

"Crimson Cougar Teen Night Club Opens in North Aurora" Senior High School Newletter from Nov. 10, 1966

Reference Page #5

http://www.sd129.org...ber_10_1966.pdf

few unconfirmed photos of the Yardbirds were posted in the mystery photos section, perhaps they belong this date/club, but I cannot locate venue photo of Crimson Cougar Club readily....

...very lucky to witness The Legendary Collaboration Mstork, perhaps you can reveal some highlights details, as to view of the stage, I hope you took some photo of the show...

thank you...

No photos, unfortunately didn't have a camera in my phone back then! Do wish I'd brought one with me but I like to live in the moment and enjoy the music so I never thought to do that.

Seats? Started out about halfway up but when the sun went down we were able to sneak up around the 10th row on Jimmy's side of the stage. Saw Ten Years Gone from there, unforgettable! Also saw Jumbo Elliott(football player) bobbing his head on the side of the stage too(minor celebrity sighting).

Highlights? Practically everything! Jimmy was wicked on NFBM and Heartbreaker among others. There are some really great clips of this really great show on YouTube, take some time and dive in! I saw two of the three shows at Roseland the previous fall, the Crowes were hot and I though Jimmy was feeling his way a little. When I saw the summer 2000 shows, including this one, I was under the impression that Jimmy spent the winter gearing up for these whippersnappers because he was on fire. One reason I loved this tour was that this was Jimmy the LEAD guitarist. Having Audley Freed and Rich Robinson really freed him up to play lead and he loved it. When I saw him with Robert in '98 I thought I'd never seen him play so well and SMILE so much onstage; until I saw this tour!

I'll also add that the venue is amazing, highly recommended if anyone you like is playing there...

That was NICE! I've never seen that performance before. 3 times, Mstork? Must've been awesome!

Yes, five shows with the Crowes; two at Roseland (NY) in the fall of '99, then saw him at Camden and Holmdel (NJ) and Jones Beach. Felt lucky at the time, feel even luckier now; I never would have believed I'd never have a chance to see Jimmy play live again. That was twelve freaking years ago! I still can't believe it, this is a guy who according to John Paul Jones "LIVES to be on stage"!

Time flies...

VERY cool photo ...love it !

though interestingly that guitar is worn much higher than of old

also - so annoying - very glaring spelling mistake in the headline.. ( won't mention the grammar later on .. ) .. these mistakes are not his !

I notice that now. Curious what he will do for Saturday. It's the 1 year aniversery of the site.

VERY cool photo ...love it !

though interestingly that guitar is worn much higher than of old

also - so annoying - very glaring spelling mistake in the headline.. ( won't mention the grammar later on .. ) .. these mistakes are not his !

Good observation about the guitar.

Regarding the misspellings and grammatical errors, I noticed watching at least 7 months out of this year that the tone changed. In the beginning, the writer of the OTD couldn't decide who's voice they were. Page's or a third party. Then it seemed,when people were pointing the errors out here, and probably sending feedback via his website, that the tone changed. The stories became more personal and in Page's voice. It probably isn't Page writing OTD, but if it were, it's possible. You know, he is human and susceptable to making mistakes too. I'm not illiterate but sometimes when I read back on what I wrote, I wonder if i'm living on a mountain somewhere. Hah!

Last night I was watching his performance with Roy Harper. He still sounds and plays great. Even if he is having physical ailments related to playing the guitar, I don't see why he couldn't tour ten dates in a span of like 3 or 4 months.

Come on Jimmy, give us something good. It's a Jimmy Page Holiday! :wub::cheer:

I recogonize this from last year. He repeated it. :( Hopefully it's the only one that is. Look on the first page posted by Magenta. I love this song, though.. and know that Jimmy does too. It's always fun to hear. :D

And around the block we go once more.

How disappointing.

There've been a few gems from ol' Jim in the last year, but they've been few and far between. I dearly hope this isn't the beginning of something old and tired :unsure:.

Archived