JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

I actually wrote to them and nicely pointed out these repeat posts and asked if the OTD feature was ending. That I hoped it wasn't as I look forward to it everyday, which is true and hope the site will continue, as I love all of it. As it's after midnight in the UK, I haven't heard back. I hope it they take it into concederation even if I don't hear from them.

I am so disappointed. Was kind of looking forward to the summer solstice, thought something new would be released on that day. Then I was anticipating the one one year anniversary. Now I'm not sure what date I should start counting down to? I need a glimmer of hope that our beloved Jimmy Page will share some new music with us. I know a lot of people here say it's not going to happen but i refuse to believe that. He might still surprise us all... But not today obviously.

I am so disappointed. Was kind of looking forward to the summer solstice, thought something new would be released on that day. Then I was anticipating the one one year anniversary. Now I'm not sure what date I should start counting down to? I need a glimmer of hope that our beloved Jimmy Page will share some new music with us. I know a lot of people here say it's not going to happen but i refuse to believe that. He might still surprise us all... But not today obviously.

That's why I wrote to them. I need a glimmer of hope too. It can't be the end. :(

^ thank you for writing them. I literally just joined this forum to get that off my chest, haha. No one in my life would understand! Here's to hoping, cheers!

You're welcome. Same with me. It bothers me that much and makes me worried for Jimmy.

At least it isn't "Alexis Corner" this time around...

You're welcome. Same with me. It bothers me that much and makes me worried for Jimmy.

Worried for him? Come now, it's not as if he's senile and out of control.

For one, I'm sure there are thousands of people not connected to this website who missed OTD the first time around. But on the other hand...From the July 14, 2011 News feed:

Conceptualised and curated by Jimmy Page himself, one of the site’s biggest highlights is ‘On This Day’, a daily diary featuring events spanning the entirety of his immense career.

"It’s an interesting concept because every day you are going to have an event from my life and it will go all the way back to me being a teenager," said Jimmy. "It looks random, but it isn’t. I love the idea that there will be an all-new page everyday and nobody will be able to guess what’s coming next." < Until July 14, 2012, that is.

;)

The multimedia On This Day feast includes video footage, images and audio clips as well as unseen photos and previously unreleased tracks, demos and home recordings. Each entry is accompanied by a personal anecdote written by Jimmy Page and will be available for just 24 hours. There will be no archiving; if you miss it, it’s gone! < Until July 14, 2012, that is

;)

I agree with whoever said it before, I, too, was looking forward to some new feature. When's the last time the "Photos" section has had an update?

This is unbelievable! How unoriginal can you get, by just repeating the same OTD entries from a year ago. If I'm correct the 17th July entry should be from the 1977 show In Seattle at the Kingdome. I think it was Jimmy's guitar solo piece from the set. We'll see and I won't be surprised if that's it...but more surprised if it isn't...or perhaps shocked!!!

There are plenty of more entries JP can use considering his long career. We need someone or more from this board to take over the duties of the OTD feature. Any volunteers? I'm sure many of you can suggest a few candidates from here.

How about a volunteer to speak to Jimmy on behalf of the fanbase that is actually interested in music and not all the fluff? He's pushing people away. And I also completely understand what post #2710 was about. And I hope so did everyone else.

A dying star is a star that no longer has enough hydrogen nuclei (free protons) to sustain the thermonuclear fusion reactions that permit its core to combine four hydrogen nuclei to form one helium nucleus.

Astrophysicists have developed excellent understanding of the death of stars, although new details do continue to emerge. Understanding the death of a star is easier if you keep in mind that most of the star's mass is in its extremely dense core; its outer regions make up most of the star's volume but contain relatively little matter compared to the core. The "life" of a star is in its core.

A dying star goes through several predictable stages, depending on its mass. Except for the very smallest stars, the death of a star begins with a dramatic collapse of its core and an expansion of its outer regions to form either a giant or supergiant. When this happens to our Sun, its outer photosphere (the only part that gives off light) is likely to extend to somewhere near the Earth's orbital path.

The core of a giant or supergiant dying star is hot enough that helium nuclei can be fused to form the nuclei of heavier elements. At some point, the dying star can no longer continue any sort of fusion process and the core erupts explosively. For a medium-small star like our Sun, this eruption is relatively gentle; all of the outer shell will be blown away, but the core will remain relatively intact. Scientists call an intact core like this a white dwarf; a white dwarf eventually cools to become a black dwarf.

In dying stars somewhat larger than our Sun, the core collapses even further to form a very small but very massive remnant called a neutron star; the formation of a neutron star explosively releases a huge amount of energy called a supernova. The very largest supergiants leave remnant cores called black holes which are so dense that not even light can escape from their gravitational field.

Well, that's depressing. And deep. But mostly depressing.

I meant 'worried' in the sense that, repeating these will have less 'traffic.' Also there are so many choices for OTD that I do agree with Superdave that just repeating it is unorginal. I want his site to be successful, and not to 'die.' I love it. I am in no way sorry I wrote them, have not still heard from them. Not really expecting to.

It occured to me that is the middle of summer and people are on vacation. Perhaps his 'crew' is too or he is himself? Just a guess, yet the site began in the middle of summer. We will see what unfolds. I am aware it is only a website. Also, it shouldn't be compared with a star 'dying.'

I'm not trying to say that I'm not disappointed - I am. But is it the end of the world? No.

Frankly, I think Jimmy's "star" died with Led Zeppelin - he's never regained that level of fame/notoriety/power.

I signed up for JimmyPage.com when it first went online but since all of the On This Day features have been archived here, I haven't revisited the site since. While it seems awful slack of them to be repeating content already, I seriously doubt that it concerns Page or the admin of that site as I'm sure there are people that haven't checked it every day since it first went online. In fact, I would imagine there are fans that aren't even aware of the content being repeated who have only recently discovered the site.

It occured to me that is the middle of summer and people are on vacation. Perhaps his 'crew' is too or he is himself? Just a guess, yet the site began in the middle of summer. We will see what unfolds. I am aware it is only a website. Also, it shouldn't be compared with a star 'dying.'

The On This Day features were programmed long ago. Now that they've entered an infinite loop the site has become a black hole from which no further illumination comes.

The On This Day features were programmed long ago. Now that they've entered an infinite loop the site has become a black hole from which no further illumination comes.

Ha! Nice.

At least we should get something new from the days when nothing got posted due to glitches, or when he announced/released his fabulous and worthy products to the world.

And Jimmy'll say 'what more do you want? I released a website that updated DAILY, gave you some previously unheard archive sounds, two albums and a series of horribly overpriced photos ALL IN ONE YEAR! That's more than I've done in over a decade! Now leave me to my cocoa.......'

This is unbelievable! How unoriginal can you get, by just repeating the same OTD entries from a year ago. If I'm correct the 17th July entry should be from the 1977 show In Seattle at the Kingdome. I think it was Jimmy's guitar solo piece from the set. We'll see and I won't be surprised if that's it...but more surprised if it isn't...or perhaps shocked!!!

There are plenty of more entries JP can use considering his long career. We need someone or more from this board to take over the duties of the OTD feature. Any volunteers? I'm sure many of you can suggest a few candidates from here.

And it's repeated tonight.

Archived