JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Today's is a great one!

It's funny because I wrote in and complained again yesterday and here they came with a new post!

I wrote them tonight and thanked them for having this one be new and hoped there are many more to come. :D

Everyone was so thrilled with a new OTD that the MAJOR error was not noticed. The Yardbirds played their last gig July 7th 1968, so the date is wrong. Maybe they meant to say August 02, 1967?

OTD FAIL.

I don't show the Yardbirds ever playing in Toronto and.....

jp19670808_01.jpg

....this is from 1967. In fact, they didn't play in Canada one night and then play in Ann Arbor, MI the next.

31 July 1967 » Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada @ Kerrisdale Arena

1 August 1967 » Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada @ Pacific National Exhibtion Grounds, Garden Auditorium

2 August 1967 » Ellsworth, Wisconsin @ Proche's Popular Ballroom

3 August 1967 » Racine, Wisconsin @ New Sound Dance Club, YMCA

8 August 1967 » Ann Arbor, Michigan @ The Fifth Dimension

9 August 1967 » Leesburg, Indiana @ Tippy Ballroom

OTD FAIL.

I don't show the Yardbirds ever playing in Toronto and.....

....this is from 1967. In fact, they didn't play in Canada one night and then play in Ann Arbor, MI the next.

No, they never played in Toronto but they did fly from Vancouver to Toronto on August 2nd 1967. I wasn't aware of those Wisconsin dates prior to Ann Arbor. I'll have to look into them.

OLD - again !

But it's fantastic: so raw and I simply wouldn't have come across it otherwise.. Of course I wish everything was fresh forever but I don't much mind being taken back to that kind of sound..

And in this mixed London weather I wish I was in Ibiza .. with or without safe sex !

PS just listened again . forget safe sex, this is dirty sex !

Those who choose to nitpick & complain about the gifts given to them rather than appreciating those gifts as the extension of warmth as it was intended will often end up with nothing at all.

This is how I feel. Maybe they got tired of people nitpicking the OTDs and decided to just repeat them? Hopefully we'll see some more new ones as that is my favorite part of everyday.

This is how I feel. Maybe they got tired of people nitpicking the OTDs and decided to just repeat them? Hopefully we'll see some more new ones as that is my favorite part of everyday.

Why make any further effort when one's so called fans are almost never satisfied with no matter what one does? People complain that Page has done nothing since "Clarksdale" even though in just over the course of a decade he tours with The Black Crowes & releases an album of the tour, releases the Led Zeppelin DVD & live album, does the reunion show at the 02, plays the closing ceromony at the Oympics, does the odd charity gig, inducts & plays with Jeff Beck at the RARHOF, does a yearly interview with Guitar World, releases a photo documentary of his life in book form, stars in "It Might Get Loud", starts a website re-releasing solo material on vinyl & shares his memories daily while people complain about it like the sky is falling if a date is off or he chose to share his memory of a session with Lulu rather some than aspect of Zeppelin, nevermind the complaints about all the other things he did that I mentioned before over the past decade before launching the website. I'd say a good portion of people of here blew it & not the other way around in regards to Page.

Archived