JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

I guess "Year of The Led Zeppelin Rereleases with Bonus Tracks While My Contemporaries Continue Recording Solo Albums & Touring the World" would have been kind of a downer.

:sarcastic_hand:

Well put Mr. Jones.

Perhaps he can strive to temper our cynicism?

My hunch is he'll release his new material in the Autumn. Here's hoping everyone likes Brazilian samba and guitar instrumentals.

I'm OK with guitar instrumentals. Not so sure about Brazillian samba; I kind of doubt he'll go the Paul Simon route. He was married to a Brazilian, though...... :o

My hunch is he'll release his new material in the Autumn. Here's hoping everyone likes Brazilian samba and guitar instrumentals.

As opposed to finding a guy who kinda sounds like Plant and going the hard rock guitar hero route again? I say bring on the samba and instrumentals!

Very interesting - didn't know Glyn Johns was from Epsom and that he & Jimmy were friends from days of yore.

May the Muse smile upon us this year :)

Depending on where you get your information from, the degree to which they were "friends" is debatable.

I vaguely recall that their relationship took a fractious turn in the Zep days. Or was that Andy Johns? Anyway - brilliant producers, all three of 'em.

Jimmy and Glyn clashed over the recording and production of Led Zeppelin, reportedly. The Andy Johns relationship is a bit less discussed.

Depending on where you get your information from, the degree to which they were "friends" is debatable.

Yeah it seems Glyn has very different memories as to production of Zep 1 and they had a falling out.

Although in Hoskyn's book Glyn is quoted as saying that he and Jimmy were raised at opposite ends of town and the first time he remembers seeing Jimmy was at a local church talent show and he says how fantastic Jimmy's playing was at 12 or 13 yrs old.

He then says as they began both doing session work he would use Jimmy when he could, and give him a lift home in his convertible (that had a sawn in half VOX PA column that had belonged to the Rolling Stones connected to a 4track cassette deck) and they would make a game about making the car motor note alter with the chord sequence to what they were jamming out on.

So it sounds like at one time they were very good friends.

And one would hope now that youth has mellowed into reason that they still are. :D

I'm aware of a highly credible but unsubstantiated report Jimmy participated in a jam session with Eric Clapton, Charlie Watts, John Entwhistle and Louis Bertignac of Telephone at Glyn Johns' 42nd birthday party held somewhere in New York sometime in Feb 1984.

Hello and Happy New Year 2013!!! I'm a die-hard JP and LZ fan since I was 16. I also have an interest in collecting artifacts based on the band. Because of my love for the band I have created a page on Facebook "Zeptember" that posts current events and the band's history.

Archived