JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he looks like he may be reading Knebworth reviews.. the timing is right. His face looks a little malnourished in every summer 79 shot I've seen, not a picture of health at this point his career. I wonder if the acoustic guitar clip is also from 1979. I can't hear any clues in the playing.

Mmmmm...one can say that.

His nose becomes very prominent on his face and that he becomes a walking skeleton. I will just leave it at that.

I hate looking at photos from this time in his life because he visibly was not taking care of himself.

Ahh, I see...

Here's the full pic:

bg11308bb.jpg

On This Day... 12 August

He's sitting on a section of the newspaper.

Perhaps a breeze might have otherwise carried it away, across the lawn.

I like it. It's one of those photos that puts you there in that moment of time.

Audio clip A+.

8/13/11

81311.jpg

The song is "World is Waiting for the Sunrise" as posted back up a bit. Someone must have mixed up the date Les Paul died. It is the 13th. I looked it up. It is probobly why Jimmy changed it.

Edited by aen27

This is the "On this day"

Someone got the date wrong about Les Paul. The 13th is correct.

No, I was referring to the two subsequent posts after the one you posted today. There is no reason to have it repeated one right after the other.

Thank you for posting the "On This Day" today.

No, I was referring to the two subsequent posts after the one you posted today. There is no reason to have it repeated one right after the other.

Thank you for posting the "On This Day" today.

You're welcome! :)

he looks like he may be reading Knebworth reviews.. the timing is right.

I show the August 11th 1979 issues of Melody Maker and New Musical Express contain Knebworth reviews as well as In Through The Out Door album reviews, while Record Mirror for that date contains a Knebworth review. However, the paper he's reading is of much larger size than any of those; must be a daily. Perhaps Financial Times? The Times? If anyone has access to online archives for London dailies confirmation should be possible.

According to Gibson.com http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/spotlight-0812-2011/

and

the Les Paul Foundation, http://www.lespaulfoundation.org/legacy/

...and probably many other sources, Les Paul died on August 12, 2009. So we have sources saying Aug 12 and sources saying Aug 13. I just wanted to point this out because I wrote a blog post about this going with the 12th, though I don't truly know which date is correct.

:blink:

According to Gibson.com http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/spotlight-0812-2011/

and

the Les Paul Foundation, http://www.lespaulfoundation.org/legacy/

...and probably many other sources, Les Paul died on August 12, 2009. So we have sources saying Aug 12 and sources saying Aug 13. I just wanted to point this out because I wrote a blog post about this going with the 12th, though I don't truly know which date is correct.

:blink:

As I posted yesterday, Les Paul's own casket says "August 12th". But his official website says "August 13th": http://www.lespaulonline.com/bio.html The earliest report I was able to find was from 9:04 A.M. on August 13th, stating that he had died that morning.

I show the August 11th 1979 issues of Melody Maker and New Musical Express contain Knebworth reviews as well as In Through The Out Door album reviews, while Record Mirror for that date contains a Knebworth review. However, the paper he's reading is of much larger size than any of those; must be a daily. Perhaps Financial Times? The Times? If anyone has access to online archives for London dailies confirmation should be possible.

...British Libraries/Reference maybe able to identify the publication via detailed search;

....any info. on the Photographer of this amazing photo from 1979?

I agree. And could be possibly part of a much larger or more complete piece since there are two acoustic guitars on there.

I have been doing a little Internet reading on the Swan Song Suite that Jimmy had allegedly been working on prior to PG. It is interesting that the song is entitled "Summers Day", as one article I have read said the Swan Song Suite would represent each season, Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

Just a thought. :))

I loved it!

I have been doing a little Internet reading on the Swan Song Suite that Jimmy had allegedly been working on prior to PG. It is interesting that the song is entitled "Summers Day", as one article I have read said the Swan Song Suite would represent each season, Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

Just a thought. :))

I loved it!

I remember Jimmy saying that in an interview some years ago. Great piece of the bit we've heard. (from the August 12th "I Had A Day Off" entry) Unfortunately, I forgot to save it. :boohoo: If anyone can help me out I'd be much obliged! :guitar_mood:

Edited by SuperDave

I remember Jimmy saying that in an interview some years ago. Great piece of the bit we've heard. Unfortunately, I forgot to save it. :boohoo: If anyone can help me out I'd be much obliged! :guitar_mood:

Sorry, I'm sure someone here saved it!;)

Anyway...

8/14/11

post-16772-0-22459900-1313283445_thumb.p