JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

My shirt did say it shipped.

I am also disspointed in this direction, but that is no reason to totally close your account, jsj. It is only my opinion.

Your opinion is as valid as mine, but I can only act upon mine

Someone on Facebook remarked that jimmy is "wanking over his own past" when talking about the new merchandising. Harsh maybe, but It's getting that way

I'm not a jimmy naysayer, I love him as much as you do but I dislike the approach he's taken. Woz70 highlights an important fact in the pricing, it is expensive. if anyone is happy to pay it, then that's fine, though (for me) it's cheap in the fact that it's out there.

I view the Jimmy merch as a democratic thing. If you don't like what is on offer, do not buy it. Nothing speaks louder than dismal sales.

The photo...erm.... 'fine art' series sums this argument up pretty well - there's still plenty in stock, even with the dropped prices on some of them.

Mmmmm......, I don't really mind the merchandise (I mean, I don't have purchase anything if I don't want to....).

But I have been thinking..., I understand Jimmy having his way of keeping the Led Zep legacy alive,

But....,I wish Jimmy would move forward and maybe go and work on some new music. I have said it before, I would love it if Jimmy would

jam/team up with more recent musicians. Who could inspire Jimmy to to get back to making music again (Jack White, Foo Fighters, Black Crows, maybe someone like Joe Bonamassa...)?

Maaike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting Aen

And so I went to the "shop" page .... the choices being Art/Book/Clothing/Home/Music

Art: we're in the high end zone here: the signed prints evidently not-quite-sold-out but still commanding their £1250 plus , and unarguably high class stuff..Great! ( though haven't quite found the money yet .. )

Book : well the high class version sold out a couple of years ago as some of us know to our cost: the new one looks ace - but try Amazon not JP for 35% off the full price

Clothing: uh-oh a bit of a downturn here. In usual merch fashion the goods are male-fit T Shirts, and bland enough to undermine the otherwise cool Lucifer Rising design: ladies, if you're planning to look your best you may want to keep that ill-fitting Lucifer Rising T Shirt in the back of the wardrobe ...

Home : Oh Dear. This is the low point I feel.. Possibly that JP logo retains enough magick to stop you throwing the mug out together with the Santa mug and that other thing your in-laws gave you ... And I ask you: £13 ? From a man who frequents Poundshops ?

Music : Last on the list: ludicrously so, how could that be ? Speaks for itself and outclasses the rest of the merch list.

What a kaleidoscope, what a lottery of retail opportunity ! It really is all over the place...

Thank God we are led to think that Jimmy is planning to extend his musical presence in 2015. Anything but his marketing presence ....

• 1 month later...

So Jimmy says on today's entry that Jackie DeShannon wrote the Searchers' "Needles and Pins"; I had it in my head that it was something to do with Sonny Bono and sure enough Wikipedia says it was Sonny Bono and Jack Nitzsche although DeShannon was the first to record it - who's right? I'm presuming Wikipedia... I wonder if Jackie told Jimmy that or if it's just a faulty memory? He's right about "When You Walk In The Room" though - I had no idea. That's a classic!

What are the (other) best DeShannon songs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...there is no gain in enmity, nor pleasure in Friendship.......Stranger would have been stranger, Friend would have been a Friend

- Dehlvi

">http://jimmypagepoet_zps96635d0b.jpg

jpbobdylanpoet_zps37f26649.jpg

Poet/Artist Scarlet Sabet...

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/23-hot-pics-of-jimmy/page-553#entry795101

i know that a lot of people have read a lot into this post. all he says is that the attended a concert with this person. am i missing something?

Archived