JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

A year in pictures. What a great year 2014 was for Jimmy Page and for all Led Zeppelin fans. How could 2015 top that!!?

Well, it's great to know he's going to try. We've got Physical Graffiti on the horizon to be followed by three additional remastered sets. I don't anticipate another global promotional trek to support them but if he's up to it he's certainly welcomed to return here any time.

Well, it's great to know he's going to try. We've got Physical Graffiti on the horizon to be followed by three additional remastered sets. I don't anticipate another global promotional trek to support them but if he's up to it he's certainly welcomed to return here any time.

2015 is already sounding great!!

A year in pictures. What a great year 2014 was for Jimmy Page and for all Led Zeppelin fans. How could 2015 top that!!?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I feel so sure it will !

If his website does a retrospective this time next year .. how about some audio on it and not just promo photos ?

Been here long enough to get the cynicism and in many ways to share it .. but I think the wind has changed ..

• 1 month later...

...Thanks AEN; The Artistic Universe of Jimmy Page, Named in His Honour, a Minor Planet

(44016) Jimmypage

Minor planet number 44016 has been named in honor of Jimmy Page, lead guitarist with Led Zeppelin.

The citation announcing the naming appeared on Minor Planet Circular 49102 (issued on 2003 June 14), from which the following is extracted with permission:

(44016) Jimmypage = 1997 WQ28                                                   
     Discovered 1997 Nov. 30 by M. Armstrong and C. Armstrong at Rolvenden.     
     James Patrick Page (b. 1944), composer, producer and master guitarist, is  
one of the legendary figures in music.  His work as a session man,              
leader of the Yardbirds and the great Led Zeppelin, thrilled a                  
generation of fans and contemporaries and continues to inspire young            
musicians.                                                               

Jimmy Page and his Cosmic Honour...

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/14627-a-fish-named-after-the-band-led-zeppelin/

">http://MinorPlanet.JP_zpsc3ecjean.gif

"Planet Page, emerging out of the Far Corners of the Universe";

Jimmy Page/Instragram

">http://JimmyPage.Instagram_zpswno589ls.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm wondering if this forum is dead.  It did seem to become just a place to bitch about what was wrong with Jimmy Page's website but it doesn't have to be that way.  I would imagine that probably most of the people who complain have never had to put a website together with 365 different home pages with photos that would likely have to have permissions obtained and historical text that may or may not come from the client (i.e. Jimmy Page) that would have to be verified as much as possible, not to mention existing music links whenever they could be found.  

But anyway, wondering if anyone will keep posting here.  I found some of the comments to be very interesting, and am sure that everything that could be said about each of the On This Day posts, whether new or repeated, has not yet been said.

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2015 at 0:01 PM, lif said:

But anyway, wondering if anyone will keep posting here.  I found some of the comments to be very interesting, and am sure that everything that could be said about each of the On This Day posts, whether new or repeated, has not yet been said.

This forum has been an excellent source of info over the years.  There is much more that could be shared, though mostly people do want to just complain, as you said.  I do wish people would still post here.

1 hour ago, woz70 said:

JimmyPage.com is not looking at all well at the moment.
Has the plug been pulled?
Anyone know anything?

Most likely the website's template code hasn't been updated in long enough that any changes to browsers, operating systems, and/or even the server that JP.com lives on would impact the JP.com website.  Considering that browsers and operating systems are constantly being updated, unless the JP.com website basic template code (and code for the individual pages) are also updated, we'll be seeing even more technical problems over time.  Websites can't just coast along forever, they need to be revisited... just like music does.

• 5 months later...
I hope somebody can help me out here. When Jimmy Page's website debuted there was music on it (14 July 2011). There was music each year for a few years after, but no music this year. Stupidly I didn't capture the music, or if I did I don't know what I did with it. Anyone know what it is? Have an ID or a link? Thanks!

On July 14, 2016 at 9:39 AM, lif said:
I hope somebody can help me out here. When Jimmy Page's website debuted there was music on it (14 July 2011). There was music each year for a few years after, but no music this year. Stupidly I didn't capture the music, or if I did I don't know what I did with it. Anyone know what it is? Have an ID or a link? Thanks!

Ya, I remember when it first came on. I checked it everyday and looked forward to the audio snippets he'd put up or the super 8MM films. I remember him uploading a demo of Ten Years Gone, the Jennings Farm Blues stuff and a few others. But after a year of looking nearly everyday. I got kind of bored with passport stamps and set lists and what not. 

Yeah I believe there may still be wave files I made on my old computer that is now in storage of some of the audios that were on some of the OTD's. I recorded them onto cd and/or cassette and it is somewhere around here. One that I definitely remember recording was the early demo of "Glimpses", which I thought was really cool, and some others.

I remember the first audio snippet when the website started but don't remember the specifics of it's origin, there was a lot of discussion about it on our board, with a lot of people saying it was from 1977 at first, then 1976 and I think that is what most accepted, although I think Steve A Jones said he believed it to be much earlier than that. So there was a lot of debate about it.

I guess the whole idea of JP's not archiving the On This Days was so that people would have to come back to the website often.  But of course, there are many places that have archived them (including a couple of my own sites) plus people  just saved them to their own computers.  In the beginning I assumed more people would be doing that, so I didn't start till 2012 and even then I wasn't being very faithful about it when I saw the repeats.  Plus I wasn't very good about saving the music - again I assumed it would be saved here or elsewhere.  

But it wasn't, darn it.  So now I'm really frustrated with myself for not archiving the music along with the images, and I'm casting about all the time for sources.  My efforts are hampered by having old computers with older OS and versions of Chrome that won't update and which refuse to allow me to even hear the music at all on the website when it is there.  Like today's On This Day, with a soundcloud link for Whole Lotta Love (with the Frankfurt Special medley) that I can't get to work.  Grrrr!

21 hours ago, lif said:

I guess the whole idea of JP's not archiving the On This Days was so that people would have to come back to the website often.  But of course, there are many places that have archived them (including a couple of my own sites) plus people  just saved them to their own computers.  In the beginning I assumed more people would be doing that, so I didn't start till 2012 and even then I wasn't being very faithful about it when I saw the repeats.  Plus I wasn't very good about saving the music - again I assumed it would be saved here or elsewhere.  

But it wasn't, darn it.  So now I'm really frustrated with myself for not archiving the music along with the images, and I'm casting about all the time for sources.  My efforts are hampered by having old computers with older OS and versions of Chrome that won't update and which refuse to allow me to even hear the music at all on the website when it is there.  Like today's On This Day, with a soundcloud link for Whole Lotta Love (with the Frankfurt Special medley) that I can't get to work.  Grrrr!

The soundcloud links have rarely (if at all) worked this year.  It's possible that the permissions have lapsed.

On 7/18/2016 at 4:45 PM, woz70 said:

The soundcloud links have rarely (if at all) worked this year.  It's possible that the permissions have lapsed.

[phew] I thought it was just my computer/internet setup.  Thanks for the reply!

• 1 year later...

Archived