JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

They played at the Asbury Park Convention Hall in New Jersey.

I am happy you noticed that mistake. I didn't know that. :o Thanks. I hope someone on the staff fixes it, but that's good if it's right in the discography.

I love the hat!! I have always loved this photo.

I do too. I'm glad he posted it. It's fun seeing him a cowboy hat. :D

I am happy you noticed that mistake. I didn't know that. :o Thanks. I hope someone on the staff fixes it, but that's good if it's right in the discography.

I do too. I'm glad he posted it. It's fun seeing him a cowboy hat. :D

Thank you MSG and ledzepfilm. wave.gif

I was a bit too lazy to look it up myself.laugh.gif

You're welcome, aen and Miss Melanie. :) I rarely catch these sorts of errors but I'm originally from the general area (NYC) and a Springsteen fan so this one stood out right away for me (and I had just checked the timeline here to see where the band played right after their 1969 San Antonio gig. ;) ).

Love Jimmy in a cowboy hat. :D

Audio was blocked by WMG for me too. Is this the P/P version of NQ or Zep's version, if anyone was able to play it? Jimmy and those who put up these posts should consider using audio that won't be blocked. Especially, since he owns the rights to it, he could easily correct this, at least for twenty four hours.

Audio was blocked by WMG for me too. Is this the P/P version of NQ or Zep's version, if anyone was able to play it? Jimmy and those who put up these posts should consider using audio that won't be blocked. Especially, since he owns the rights to it, he could easily correct this, at least for twenty four hours.

It's the P/P version. I've been able to download and play this and the other audio clips from Jimmy's site and save them as mp3's but I don't know how to post them here (I can only email them or post to Facebook).

It's the P/P version. I've been able to download and play this and the other audio clips from Jimmy's site and save them as mp3's but I don't know how to post them here (I can only email them or post to Facebook).

How are you able to play this version of NQ, when it's been blocked in the U.S.?

How are you able to play this version of NQ, when it's been blocked in the U.S.?

I'm not playing it directly from the site - I have a friend who pulls the code for the audio and posts it and then I use RealPlayer to download and listen to it.

Edited to add: It depends on the clip - sometimes I'm able to hover over it and download directly from his site, other times (as with this one) I need to have a friend pull and post it.

Asbury Park, New York - Asbury Park, New Jersey

Welsh leafy glade - Dolgoch Falls, Snowdonia

Thank you Steve, honestly I look at what I have started to document and it's only 1/1000th of the efforts you have put into their/his career, along with a few others here, and I have to take a step back and say WTF almost everyday. :(

love the "gotcha" moments you all are providing. So succient. It all fits with whom Jimmy Page is. Just look at the picture from July of 1979 in Melody Maker magazine with his zipper down, standing in the Swan Song office garden whatever it was. Don't you get it yet. It don't matter to you, it only matters to Jimmy Page. He knows where he played, what he played and what it meant to him, not to you. He has taken his website and turned it back all upon you, us, me. It is quite hilarious. Yes, I have provided some dates that were not listed and even a DVD. They were corrected within 24 hours. He is taking the piss out of it, or whatever the English phrase is. God, I love it.

i've been able to listen to all of the audio clips so far.

i CANNOT believe how many mistakes there are on this site ..... and SO many of them in the " on this day " . this is the feature of the site, and some numbskull :blink: has been put in charge of it, and it's not even checked before posting. unbelievable. :(

Thank you Steve, honestly I look at what I have started to document and it's only 1/1000th of the efforts you have put into their/his career, along with a few others here, and I have to take a step back and say WTF almost everyday.

I expounded on today's feature with you in mind as I know you are planning a pilgrimmage to England, Scotland & Wales.

I've been to all of those associated with the Unledded project and would be glad to assist you my friend.

Jeff, from my notes:

Fri, 5 Aug 94 Fly from London to Rabat, Morroco

Sat, 6 Aug 94 Radio-Television Marocaine (RTM) (15335khz) Studios in Rabat

Scheduled rehearsal with Moroccan Orchestra at the government-controlled broadcasting studio

Sun, 7 Aug 94 Radio-Television Marocaine (RTM) (15335khz) Studios in Rabat

Scheduled rehearsal with Moroccan Orchestra at the government-controlled broadcasting studio

Mon, 8 Aug 94 Drive from Rabat to Marrakech

Tue, 9 Aug 94 Marrakech, Morocco

Filming of 'Wah Wah' and 'City Don't Cry' (two or three takes) sequence for 'MTV - Unledded' telecast

Wed, 10 Aug 94 Marrakech, Morocco Djemma El Fna Square

Filming at 6pm of 'Loop' (later titled 'Yallah' and then 'The Truth Explodes' sequence for 'MTV - Unledded' telecast (one take)

Mon, 15 Aug 94 Machynlleth, Wales

Band assembles in this town prior to on-site location filming in Wales

Tue, 16 Aug 94 Dolgoch, Wales Dolgoch Falls

Filming of outdoor location performance 'No Quarter' for 'MTV - Unledded' telecast (about four takes with third one used)

Wed, 17 Aug 94 Corris, Wales Corris Slate Quarry

Filming of outdoor performances...'Gallows Pole', 'Nobody's Fault But Mine', 'When The Levee Breaks' for 'MTV - Unledded' telecast

Thu, 18 Aug 94 London, England

Band returns from Wales and regroups in London

Fri, 19 Aug 94 London, England

Rehearsal day for 'MTV - Unledded' telecast

Mon, 22 Aug 94 London, England London Television Centre - London Studios Limited Upper Ground London SE1 9LT

Set up studio shoot and also orchestra rehearsals

Tue, 23 Aug 94 London, England London Television Centre - London Studios Limited Upper Ground London SE1 9LT

Band rehearsals with cameras in studio

Wed, 24 Aug 94 London, England London Television Centre - London Studios Limited Upper Ground London SE1 9LT

Band rehearsals with cameras in studio

Thu, 25 Aug 94 London, England London Television Centre - London Studios Limited Upper Ground London SE1 9LT

Recording and filming without orchestras in front of a select audience for 'MTV Unledded' telecast

Fri, 26 Aug 94 London, England London Television Centre - London Studios Limited Upper Ground London SE1 9LT

Recording and filming with orchestras in front of a select audience for 'MTV Unledded' telecast

love the "gotcha" moments you all are providing. So succient. It all fits with whom Jimmy Page is. Just look at the picture from July of 1979 in Melody Maker magazine with his zipper down, standing in the Swan Song office garden whatever it was. Don't you get it yet. It don't matter to you, it only matters to Jimmy Page. He knows where he played, what he played and what it meant to him, not to you. He has taken his website and turned it back all upon you, us, me. It is quite hilarious. Yes, I have provided some dates that were not listed and even a DVD. They were corrected within 24 hours. He is taking the piss out of it, or whatever the English phrase is. God, I love it.

His website is a project he entrusted (indeed paid!) others to develop and execute properly. It's duly noted you find it hilarious.

You can't post them here. I did the same as you, but you can't put an mp3 file as an attachment. (They don't allow you to post that kind of a file)

2b_1708.jpg2c_1708.jpg2d_1708.jpg

17 Aug 1994

Page and Plant record at Corris Slate Quarry, Wales

25 years after the last Sunday of Woodstock, in a doomy slate quarry in Wales, the various musical personnel of the Page and Plant outfit performed 'Nobody's Fault But Mine', 'Gallows Pole' and 'When The Levee Breaks' which was quite appropriate at the time as it was pouring with rain almost throughout the shoot!

I couldn't get the correct YT link because it wasn't on the code, but here is When the Levee Breaks:

Archived