JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

I expounded on today's feature with you in mind as I know you are planning a pilgrimmage to England, Scotland & Wales.

I've been to all of those associated with the Unledded project and would be glad to assist you my friend.

Jeff, from my notes:

Fri, 5 Aug 94 Fly from London to Rabat, Morroco

Sat, 6 Aug 94 Radio-Television Marocaine (RTM) (15335khz) Studios in Rabat

Scheduled rehearsal with Moroccan Orchestra at the government-controlled broadcasting studio

Sun, 7 Aug 94 Radio-Television Marocaine (RTM) (15335khz) Studios in Rabat

Scheduled rehearsal with Moroccan Orchestra at the government-controlled broadcasting studio

Mon, 8 Aug 94 Drive from Rabat to Marrakech

Tue, 9 Aug 94 Marrakech, Morocco

Filming of 'Wah Wah' and 'City Don't Cry' (two or three takes) sequence for 'MTV - Unledded' telecast

Wed, 10 Aug 94 Marrakech, Morocco Djemma El Fna Square

Filming at 6pm of 'Loop' (later titled 'Yallah' and then 'The Truth Explodes' sequence for 'MTV - Unledded' telecast (one take)

Mon, 15 Aug 94 Machynlleth, Wales

Band assembles in this town prior to on-site location filming in Wales

Tue, 16 Aug 94 Dolgoch, Wales Dolgoch Falls

Filming of outdoor location performance 'No Quarter' for 'MTV - Unledded' telecast (about four takes with third one used)

Wed, 17 Aug 94 Corris, Wales Corris Slate Quarry

Filming of outdoor performances...'Gallows Pole', 'Nobody's Fault But Mine', 'When The Levee Breaks' for 'MTV - Unledded' telecast

Thu, 18 Aug 94 London, England

Band returns from Wales and regroups in London

Fri, 19 Aug 94 London, England

Rehearsal day for 'MTV - Unledded' telecast

Mon, 22 Aug 94 London, England London Television Centre - London Studios Limited Upper Ground London SE1 9LT

Set up studio shoot and also orchestra rehearsals

Tue, 23 Aug 94 London, England London Television Centre - London Studios Limited Upper Ground London SE1 9LT

Band rehearsals with cameras in studio

Wed, 24 Aug 94 London, England London Television Centre - London Studios Limited Upper Ground London SE1 9LT

Band rehearsals with cameras in studio

Thu, 25 Aug 94 London, England London Television Centre - London Studios Limited Upper Ground London SE1 9LT

Recording and filming without orchestras in front of a select audience for 'MTV Unledded' telecast

Fri, 26 Aug 94 London, England London Television Centre - London Studios Limited Upper Ground London SE1 9LT

Recording and filming with orchestras in front of a select audience for 'MTV Unledded' telecast

Thank you Steve, very much appreciated. You know when I start to take the trip I will be in touch. ;)

Thank you Steve, very much appreciated. You know when I start to take the trip I will be in touch. ;)

That was great of Steve to provide you with all of Page and Plant's itinerary, in the recording etc. of the Unledded project. :thumbsup: He is such a great aspect and wealth of amazing information to this board. What would we do? :bagoverhead: Hope you have a great trip as I'm sure I don't even need to say this.

I actually visited Morocco back in May of 1999. I was even fortunate enough, when in Marrakesh to make a visit to Djemma El Fna Square. It was quite an amazing place and unique. When visiting a foreign country as different and diverse from your own culture as this, you'd think the first thing you'd think about is the culture, people, food and goings on in a place so different then back home. Not me. :wtf: When I arrived at and started exploring this lovely square, at first all I could set my mind on was exactly where in this square did Page and Plant film "Yallah?" The title was obviously changed (IMHO, as if you take away the "Y" you then see what you get. Too similar and probably objected by many believers of Islam. Just my take on this.) And I was now in the same place! :notworthy: Eventually, I got back to reality and was able to escape my Zeppelin world for a bit and realize what an amazing and diverse place this really was. I found Morocco to be quite safe with some western touches and not poverty stricken like a lot of the Middle Eastern and Arab world.

Just a bit of info for you Debs!

When are you taking the Unledded tour?

That was great of Steve to provide you with all of Page and Plant's itinerary, in the recording etc. of the Unledded project. :thumbsup: He is such a great aspect and wealth of amazing information to this board. What would we do? :bagoverhead: Hope you have a great trip as I'm sure I don't even need to say this.

I actually visited Morocco back in May of 1999. I was even fortunate enough, when in Marrakesh to make a visit to Djemma El Fna Square. It was quite an amazing place and unique. When visiting a foreign country as different and diverse from your own culture as this, you'd think the first thing you'd think about is the culture, people, food and goings on in a place so different then back home. Not me. :wtf: When I arrived at and started exploring this lovely square, at first all I could set my mind on was exactly where in this square did Page and Plant film "Yallah?" The title was obviously changed (IMHO, as if you take away the "Y" you then see what you get. Too similar and probably objected by many believers of Islam. Just my take on this.) And I was now in the same place! :notworthy: Eventually, I got back to reality and was able to escape my Zeppelin world for a bit and realize what an amazing and diverse place this really was. I found Morocco to be quite safe with some western touches and not poverty stricken like a lot of the Middle Eastern and Arab world.

Just a bit of info for you Debs!

When are you taking the Unledded tour?

Hi SuperDave!

I know , this forum would not be the same without Steve. He contributes and shares so much. I have wanted to see Wales since I was a little girl. I want to visit the castles, go to Snowdonia. Hopefully vsit a few friends here on the forum. I love going to different places.

Thanks, your trip to Morocco sounds like you had an amazing time. I plan on being in England for 2 nights, Wales for 3 nights, then Ireland for 3 nights....I hope in the next few months. Stay tuned :D

Jimmy's website got me in the mood to listen to the Unledded DVD tonight:-)

When I arrived at and started exploring this lovely square, at first all I could set my mind on was exactly where in this square did Page and Plant film "Yallah?" The title was obviously changed (IMHO, as if you take away the "Y" you then see what you get. Too similar and probably objected by many believers of Islam. Just my take on this.)

Possibly, but yallah is an Arabic word for come on! or let's go! Robert often exclaimed "yallah!" onstage throughout performances of the 1995-96 Page/Plant World Tour. I was thinking it may have been retitled (to The Truth Explodes) on the Unledded dvd release because Yallah was deemed too similar to Wah Wah.

Possibly, but yallah is an Arabic word for come on! or let's go! Robert often exclaimed "yallah!" onstage throughout performances of the 1995-96 Page/Plant World Tour. I was thinking it may have been retitled (to The Truth Explodes) on the Unledded dvd release because Yallah was deemed too similar to Wah Wah.

I read way back in 1995 that it was changed because Y'allah translated to "Oh God" in certain dialects.

I read way back in 1995 that it was changed because Y'allah translated to "Oh God" in certain dialects.

Oh, I see. In certain dialects. Interesting.

With regard to today's On This Day background, those are of course pieces of slate. When I was at Corris Slate Quarry I picked up a couple and still have them to this day. B)

I actually visited Morocco back in May of 1999. I was even fortunate enough, when in Marrakesh to make a visit to Djemma El Fna Square.

Lucky. I really hope to visit Morocco one day, but it looks a bit dangerous now. There was a terrorist attack in Djemma El Fna Square a few months ago, as you know.

Trivia bit: the square was featured in the Alfred Hitchcock movie The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)

Lucky. I really hope to visit Morocco one day, but it looks a bit dangerous now. There was a terrorist attack in Djemma El Fna Square a few months ago, as you know.

Trivia bit: the square was featured in the Alfred Hitchcock movie The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)

Don't be put off - it was an isolated incident. Morocco is lovely and I would recommend Tangiers also. There's a hotel there that Jimmy used to hang out at, it's worth a visit.

I also highly recommend it. Amazing country - Tangiers is lovely as Knebby said. So is Rabat and Fes. Also worth a day trip which you can do from Marrakech is Essaouira. I hope to go back again some day and also visit the Southern part.

That's what my theory was not that it necessarily translated to "God", but it was too similar to that word, "Allah.

Like many of you as said above, Morocco is quite amazing and so different. Loved trying to bargain with the sellers and play their game. Takes a bit getting used to and hope you don't get ripped off. I was on a tour of sorts and arrived by ferry into Tangiers, although didn't visit much. Stayed in Rabat, Marrakech and Fez and a few day stops as well.

Hey guys im back from holiday, thanks to everyone who kept the archive going ! :D

looks like there is a delay on the site again :hysterical:

Welcome back! :D Where did you go on holiday (for us Americans that's vacation)?

The site has been delayed for the last several days on a number of occasions. Still not up! :(

You're welcome...and thanks for capturing the others (with Joe and Billie), aen. :)

I'm very glad to see Patricia here with Jimmy as she was one of his wives and the mother of his oldest son.

Is the little boy walking in front of Jimmy and Patricia their son and his nanny?

^ Thank you MSG!!

8/18/11

I couldn't remember how to save the background. I'd love it if someone did. I can't believe these pictures with Patricia! :o

You're welcome...and thanks for capturing the others (with Joe and Billie), aen. :)

I'm very glad to see Patricia here with Jimmy as she was one of his wives and the mother of his oldest son.

Is the little boy walking in front of Jimmy and Patricia their son and his nanny?

You're welcome, too. :D

That isn't James. James was born around the time of the Atlantic thing in 1988 according to an interview Jimmy did. He would have only have been a couple of years old at least. I don't know who the boy and the other woman are.

Thank you aen27 from me too!I'm also glad to see these photos.Patricia came to Japan with Jimmy when he had to promote Led Zep's box set in 1990.He said 'I want to show her Kyoto City'.He looked happy then.I thought she was very beautiful as well as his former wife. :D

MSG,I also think this boy was not their son because James was two years old in 1990.Doesn't this boy look older than 2 years?

You're welcome, too. :D

That isn't James. James was born around the time of the Atlantic thing in 1988 according to an interview Jimmy did. He would have only have been a couple of years old at least. I don't know who the boy and the other woman are.

Thank you aen27 from me too!I'm also glad to see these photos.Patricia came to Japan with Jimmy when he had to promote Led Zep's box set in 1990.He said 'I want her to show Kyoto city'.He looked happy then.I thought she was very beautiful as well as his former wife. :D

MSG,I also think this boy was not their son because James was two years old in 1990.Doesn't this boy look older than 2 years?

Thank you, aen and Alice. I had no idea how old Jimmy's son James was or when he was born so I just guessed it was him. Cute little boy in this photo, whoever he is (and he looks to be around 4-6 years, not 2). I've seen some photos of Jimmy and Patricia when they were in Japan and they both looked very happy and beautiful together.

Archived