JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Reid looks lie a preppy version of Jack White there

I thought he looked like Jack White too in that picture. I am also waiting for DWII from Jimmy's shop, Black-Dog. It is now October...I thought there maybe something in the week. It's only Sunday.

I thought he looked like Jack White too in that picture. I am also waiting for DWII from Jimmy's shop, Black-Dog. It is now October...I thought there maybe something in the week. It's only Sunday.

Considering everything JP gets delayed, it shouldn't be too surprising.

9/27/11

The music to the video is Pendereki's Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima

Jimmy's video is beautiful...especially with the evocative Penderecki music playing in the background. One of the most tragic and haunting places I've ever visited...I imagine the memory of it has stayed with Jimmy too.

Jimmy mentioned the 1971 Japan concerts were recorded - I wonder if they will ever see the light of day and be remastered and released for fans.

Enjoy ;)

These little bits of Jimmy's own film footage (along with his narrative recollections) are the highlights of his "On this Day."

...fascinating details in this gorgeous footage, I love what Jimmy wrote today........"skyline changed in 40 years but the soul remains the same"...this could be a new title for his new song.....beautiful words from a beautiful man....................... :wub: :wub:

I love Jimmy's quote too, PlanetPage...we might say the same about Bombay (and much of India) - the skyline there has changed too "but the soul remains the same."

I dound this one photo that may be from Bangkok, Thailand (the buildings look the same as seen in the footage) 9/30/71, this time Robert can be seen with an 8mm (maybe Jimmy's), so maybe Robert shot some of the footage):

tumblr_kwzfdaTmi61qat444o1_500.jpg

I don't know why Richard Cole's caption labels this place as Japan but, you're right, it is at the palace and grounds of King Rama, in Bangkok...my first visit was a few years after Robert and Jimmy were there:

KingRamaPalaceBangkokDetail.jpg

Jimmy's video is beautiful...especially with the evocative Penderecki music playing in the background. One of the most tragic and haunting places I've ever visited...I imagine the memory of it has stayed with Jimmy too.

KingRamaPalaceBangkokDetail.jpg

...Hello MSG; thank you for sharing some of your adventures, it is always fascinating to relate to one another through beautiful music, Our beloved Jimmy, us, the fans...

The 1971 visit to India by Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and Richard Cole was also of historic times...creation of Bangladesh, Legendary George Harrison, now comes to my mind...I remember the Emergency Period in 1971 very well, the short war between India and Pakistan was nevertheless frightening........

I love the photo you posted...reminds me of temples from India, King Rama and many gods and goddesses resided in those temples, Religion of Thailand/India being in relation to each other....

I hope you will share some more photographs...

10/3/11

10311innercity.jpg

...Thanks AEN27....my memories are little closer today...my favorite all time classic film is indeed playing, classic billboards of that era,

.... thanks to the Gorgeous Jimmy Page for capturing that beautiful moment...

... Parsi architect of these buildings is evident....Freddy Mercury being a famous Parsi, and the City of Bombay basically is set up by the Parsi Community historically...

clear_041099.pngclear_041099.pngclear_041099.png

04 Oct 1999

I started tour rehearsals with The Black Crowes

On this day in 1999 I started the production rehearsals for "In Concert and By Your Side" with The Black Crowes. This was eventually recorded at The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, unfortunately a re-recording clause kept us from including the Black Crowes material on the CD album. This was a shame as it had come out really well. The tour itinerary also shows the NetAid concert: a pioneering, innovative charity concert to be available on the internet.

10/3/11

100311.jpg

10311innercity.jpg

10311snakecharmers.jpg

Thanks for these, Aen. I just managed to get to Jimmy's site tonight before this was taken down but I didn't have time to save all the photos. I'm fascinated by Jimmy's trip to Bombay and his impressions of his time there so it's wonderful to see his photos. I especially love the "blue" street scene he shot from the taxi window.

...Hello MSG; thank you for sharing some of your adventures, it is always fascinating to relate to one another through beautiful music, Our beloved Jimmy, us, the fans...

The 1971 visit to India by Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and Richard Cole was also of historic times...creation of Bangladesh, Legendary George Harrison, now comes to my mind...I remember the Emergency Period in 1971 very well, the short war between India and Pakistan was nevertheless frightening........

I love the photo you posted...reminds me of temples from India, King Rama and many gods and goddesses resided in those temples, Religion of Thailand/India being in relation to each other....

I hope you will share some more photographs...

Hello PlanetPage :wave:, thanks for your lovely comment - you are always so gracious. It's always interesting to read your (and Jimmy's) memories of India. I found another of my photos of Bombay from the early 80s - I think it is outside of the old railway station - there is part of a blue billboard visible in the photo that is advertising Thril soft drink and part of the "Thril it up" slogan is visible. I'll PM or email it to you. I think some of the cultural and religious (e.g., Buddhism) traditions of Thailand have been influenced by India...they also share historical ties. Even though both have changed vastly, as Jimmy wrote "the soul remains the same" - it does...and that is why I always feel as if I'm coming home when I return to those countries. Thanks again. ~MSG

Archived