JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

my god the Jimmy Page site is totally great!!! I click over once per day and learn more about Jimmy Page in about 2 minutes than could possibly imagine. I dont care if they make a mistake on a date here or there, who cares its like seeing inside the mind of a genius,

^ :lol:

The actual date of the video is June 19th, 1969 for a French TV show called "Tous En Scene" for those who didn't know. The full video, with Dazed and Confused, silly skits for the show, and rehearsal footage (footage with Bonham in an orange shirt, used to fill some skit footage in Dazed). Wow, Jimmy. You added this video with the CORRECT date on your OWN dvd, and get it wrong now? Embarrassing.

Yes, Page got it right on the DVD, because it was, well.....the DVD. I think there's a bit of difference between a website

and a DVD....no?

For me, websites are really nothing more than 'fodder' and placing such importance on it's inaccuracies is really missing the point here.

On the bright side, all the mistakes gives the fact police something to do and feel good and smart about....every day!

Can't wait 'till tomorrow.

Definition of Fodder:

1: something fed to domestic animals; especially : coarse food for cattle, horses, or sheep

2: inferior or readily available material used to supply a heavy demand.

Sam did a really great job with the official site, and I think there are little to no mistakes. But Jimmy, 1/5 of Led Zeppelin (others being Percy, Jonesy, Bonzo, and Grant) has almost daily mistakes on his site.

Whether or not Jimmy Page was 1/5 of Zeppelin (this is beyond debatable) has nothing to do with anything,

as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously, factual errors mean a lot more to you and others than it does to me. I really don't give a shit.

Sure, I could wait for 'On This Day' to hit everyday and eagerly fact check it for mistake's and be the first to post my findings, it's easy enough, but I choose not to. The reason? Like I said, "I really don't give a shit".

I'm just glad the guy is still alive and able to remember anything. But that's just me.

Can't wait 'till tomorrow, mistake's and all.

I remember reading an interview discussing this song and his harmonica solo. He was saying he had not played the harmonica since the 60s and he was seeing stars after he was done...

I love that. Thanks for that. :D

Haha, I love that too ...reminds me of when we'd see Jimmy after he left the stage following one of LZ's astounding, multi-hour performances - he wasn't staggering or swaggering but swaying ever so slightly, as if he'd just come back down to earth and was getting reacclimated.

I would bet money Pagey has little to nothing to do with the operation of this site. He wouldn't put out such garbage. He was likly paid a large sum and handed it over. Who knows. If people think its great then that's terrific. I am a huge Page fan and will call BS when its BS. The site is crap, a huge bomb right in the middle of a mudpuddle. With that said lets hope it builds upon itself, offers some quality pics we haven't seen 3000 tiomes over, some vids, and may...just maybe some unreleased material. Yes, there will be fans who applaud a JP fart and that's obviously from selling ones soul years ago.....Your hooked for life and that's ok my friend. I get it.

Lighten up. It's entertainment. It's not Jimmypedia...

Are you the kind who wishes Bonzo's hi-hat would not squeak either?

Well now I'm really confused. Page lists studio session credit playing on the Stones "The Last Time" and "Under My Thumb".........in August of 1967. Both of those tunes were recorded and released way before that date.

So would this be another "error" then?

Well now I'm really confused. Page lists studio session credit playing on the Stones "The Last Time" and "Under My Thumb".........in August of 1967. Both of those tunes were recorded and released way before that date.

So would this be another "error" then?

It's a "double error"!

First off.....the entry on Jimmy's website is actually a reference to The Who's versions of those songs!

Second......Jimmy didn't even play on The Who's versions!!

The source for this misinformation is the discredited Yardbirds book "Having A Rave-up", which was well known for stretching the truth when it came to Jimmy Page. The book boldly claimed that Jimmy played guitar on the 45, but it completely failed to provide any evidence to back up the claim! Furthermore, Pete Townshend has consistently stated that he himself played both guitar AND bass on the session (as John Entwistle was on vacation at the time).

It's quite embarrassing for Jimmy, because his own website makes him look like a senile old man who's making up stories about his past.

It's a "double error"!

First off.....the entry on Jimmy's website is actually a reference to The Who's versions of those songs!

Second......Jimmy didn't even play on The Who's versions!!

The source for this misinformation is the discredited Yardbirds book "Having A Rave-up", which was well known for stretching the truth when it came to Jimmy Page. The book boldly claimed that Jimmy played guitar on the 45, but it completely failed to provide any evidence to back up the claim! Furthermore, Pete Townshend has consistently stated that he himself played both guitar AND bass on the session (as John Entwistle was on vacation at the time).

It's quite embarrassing for Jimmy, because his own website makes him look like a senile old man who's making up stories about his past.

swandown, why do you think jimmy continues to allow this to happen?

it's beyond me. :blink:

swandown, why do you think jimmy continues to allow this to happen?

In regards to the session list......I think that Jimmy has forgotten 90% of what he played on, so he just told his webmasters to copy a list from the internet. (Which is exactly what they did!)

In regards to all the other errors........I think that Jimmy honestly doesn't think that the fans will notice. He has no idea just how observant and knowledgeable we are.

In regards to the session list......I think that Jimmy has forgotten 90% of what he played on, so he just told his webmasters to copy a list from the internet. (Which is exactly what they did!)

In regards to all the other errors........I think that Jimmy honestly doesn't think that the fans will notice. He has no idea just how observant and knowledgeable we are.

you could be right, but you have to wonder why he would bother to have this feature ( on this day ) and not get it right. if it were my website, i would want to get the facts right. i am actually NOT one of the knowledgeable fans. fact is, i wouldn't know that these things were wrong if it weren't pointed out here, but i know a lot of you are. i just can't imagine having total strangers ( fans ) knowing more about my life than i apparently do! weird! :blink:

wow, the thing about the JIMMY PAGE website is that it has so much gravitas- impact- authority! I could give a shit if the dates are wrong or even if he is lying about playing on this or that song. Sure SAJ is doing a great job getting all the dates right and all that cool. I am much more into the creative process and Jimmy being relativly reclusive for all these years, now to be opening up with a new voice is just blowing my mind. but to each his or her own. if some people dont like the site well ok dont like it who cares. And personally i dont like everything JP ever did at all, I didnt like the puff daddy thing, I didnnt like the coverdale thing, I didnt like it when he played live with dave gross, lots of things. But the website is a new outlet for him and it is great and it is everyday and it is full of stuff i didn't know and it is authorized by JIMMY FUCKING PAGE!!!!

wow, the thing about the JIMMY PAGE website is that it has so much gravitas- impact- authority! I could give a shit if the dates are wrong or even if he is lying about playing on this or that song. Sure SAJ is doing a great job getting all the dates right and all that cool. I am much more into the creative process and Jimmy being relativly reclusive for all these years, now to be opening up with a new voice is just blowing my mind. but to each his or her own. if some people dont like the site well ok dont like it who cares. And personally i dont like everything JP ever did at all, I didnt like the puff daddy thing, I didnnt like the coverdale thing, I didnt like it when he played live with dave gross, lots of things. But the website is a new outlet for him and it is great and it is everyday and it is full of stuff i didn't know and it is authorized by JIMMY FUCKING PAGE!!!!

I totally agree, ddot! :D I am so happy he is bringing us in on all these things. I am enjoying it all, I don't really care if the dates match. The fact he is doing this at all for us makes me very happy.

i know what you're saying, and i do agree basically, but ..... this is what i am wondering..... is he really authorizing these posts?

i'm not so sure.

I would bet money Pagey has little to nothing to do with the operation of this site. He wouldn't put out such garbage. He was likly paid a large sum and handed it over. Who knows. If people think its great then that's terrific. I am a huge Page fan and will call BS when its BS. The site is crap, a huge bomb right in the middle of a mudpuddle. With that said lets hope it builds upon itself, offers some quality pics we haven't seen 3000 tiomes over, some vids, and may...just maybe some unreleased material. Yes, there will be fans who applaud a JP fart and that's obviously from selling ones soul years ago.....Your hooked for life and that's ok my friend. I get it.

Mudslinger,

Well said. I applaud you for expressing your honest opinion.:beer:

Archived