JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

wow, the thing about the JIMMY PAGE website is that it has so much gravitas- impact- authority! I could give a shit if the dates are wrong or even if he is lying about playing on this or that song.

I'm sorry to say I've found the opposite to be true. Any authoritative resonance is lost in translation, veracity diminished with the many eggregious errors. I've said it before, this isn't the best context in which to present his legacy. Multimedia features, essays, pictorials would be far better but require more than dogsbodies.

i know what you're saying, and i do agree basically, but ..... this is what i am wondering..... is he really authorizing these posts?

i'm not so sure.

Given the amount of errors , I'd be suprised and somewhat disappointed if he was.

We had first played together at the Cafe de Paris in London in the June of this year and their manager, Pete Angelus, had suggested it might be cool to reciprocate. So I did, and here we were at the first concert of a few in New York, Boston and LA.

Any audio footage from the Cafe de Paris?

I'm sorry to say I've found the opposite to be true. Any authoritative resonance is lost in translation, veracity diminished with the many eggregious errors. I've said it before, this isn't the best context in which to present his legacy. Multimedia features, essays, pictorials would be far better but require more than dogsbodies.

No offense, SAJ, but you really do come off as an accountant/bookkeeper (to me).

The accountant sits in the office making corrections to everyones timecards and keeps the budget in order,

but has no connection whatsoever to anything going on outside the office.

I don't think I've ever read a post by you saying that you actually 'enjoy' anything, you just generally chime in when you've noticed clerical errors, or have some chronological info to post.

You have enthusiam only when finding fault, and that is something that I totally disagree with.

You're all business, but completely devoid of any passion. I find that....odd. This just my observation,

I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Note* I am not putting you down at all, your information is very useful to many (though I'm not one of them,

I'm more interested in the concerts/boots of Led Zeppelin than the corrections of historical minutia, myself).

But, if you were to develop your own website (which you should seriously think about doing),

you could have your own "On This Day" that feature's corrections to Page's website,

or anything else that needs "fixing". I'd be a regular visitor for sure, as would many others.

You know its like this, so many people talk about Jimmy Page- I find it real cool to have it straight from the horses, mouth so to speak. I think your doing an amazing job Steve, for sure. It is true I always pump Jimmy up whenever possible, because I find his creativity mind blowing, I always give him the ben of the doubt. I'm like a cheerleader, some of you guys are like historians. I think its him writing the captions because of the subtle way the its written. Its cool to see some of the things he was proud of. Very subjective. And its cool that you steve are objective. all groovy here. however nobody will be able to convince that the site sucks because I look forward to checking on it everyday, more than the other places i check in on. If the info is wrong-oh well-I guess im just a Jimmy Page Zombie!!

ally -- yep, i know what you mean there. ;)

snapper -- i think you may have something there! iv'e said before on here that steve ( and a few others from here ) could have done a much better job on the site than whoever is doing it.

ddot -- i'm a huge jimmy ( and robert, jonesy and bonzo ! ) fan too. i'm not at all knowledgeable about the history /dates etc, and i don't really care either, i mean, it doesn't impact on my day or anything , lol. i am more just stunned that in this day and age, and given that money shouldn't have been an issue, that the end result is, well, not right. it would be so easily fixed, yet it's not. :blink:

maybe jimmy is doing it deliberately to see who it annoys. haha, that would be funny! :D

i just want to make sure everyone knows ( not that anyone cares, i suppose! ) that i love the guys and i love jimmys site.

i just wished it were better for HIM ( jimmy ).

I had thought I had heard that Dennis Rodman wasn't invited onstage during the show and that he came on there unannounced when they were playing, which was quite a surprise to P/P. Remember also about this that Rodman was quite inebriated during this appearance. Perhaps, someone here could confirm this and provide more details?

I don't care for it much either. I want him to post better ones of himself. There're so many....

Not one of Jimmy's best photos, but there are worse I'm sure. Not one of Robert's best either. Both look quite spent after the show. Needed a rest I'm sure.

10/13/11

101311.jpg

1013112.jpg

101311setlist.jpg

...It is interesting how they were thinking "back then," the arrival of Page/Plant in Bombay, India to record at EMI Studios with replica of Original Bombay Symphony Orchestra is on this date as well, for few days in Bombay in October 1972....

earlier Jimmy also stated that he was overdubbing the Orchestra in Death Wish II.....(waiting for this!!!);

...Here is the article that I searched from the Forum, tks to Forum Member Cat for this...:

Chicago Sun-Times - October 13, 1995

Author: Jeff Johnson

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant ;

the Tragically Hip

8 tonight United Center, 1901 W. Madison

edited for clarity of Link

Given the amount of errors , I'd be suprised and somewhat disappointed if he was.

Hi Ally;

...I am thankful to all the fans that they have opinion which only shows just how much he is loved and respected, we strive to see perfection in him, in all of this debate we should enjoy what he has chosen to present to the fans, just happy that he is healthy to do this.....

On this note, I hope to see Steve A. Jones contribute something exceptionally creative to Legacy of our beloved Musician...He has exceptional knowledge, and eye for perfection....

...apologies for any misunderstanding in advance...

p.s. Hope you are well, nice to see you...

Hi PlanetPage ! Nice to see you too :)

I think I've just been spoiled by all the fine work Sam has done and by all the good people who have contributed so much to the content of this site. A standard has been set . However, I'm with ya on just being happy that our hero is alive and well. I should know better than to take things like that for granted ;)

10/12/11

101211.jpg

The Black Crowes were an opening act for Robert Plant in 1990. A few years later - at Brixton Academy on July 16, 1993 - Robert Plant was joined by vocalist Chris Robinson for the encore, 'You Shook Me'

On January 28, 1995 Jimmy and Robert (seated in seperate boxes) attended one of two Black Crowes performances during their 'Amorica' tour and met the group. Jimmy was invited to jam with them, which he did during 'Shake Your Money Maker' & 'Mellow Down Easy' at Le Zenith in Paris a few days later (February 4, 1995). The Black Crowes then became an opening act for Page/Plant that summer.

In late June 1999 Ross Halfin suggested to Jimmy that he use The Black Crowes for the upcoming charity benefit gig in London. Jimmy agreed and Halfin phoned in the request to The Black Crowes who readily accepted. A single night of rehearsals for Jimmy with Black Crowes was held the day after The Black Crowes Wembley Arena date. They performed ten songs at the charity gig. The capacity crowd of 400 included Alice Cooper, Queen's Roger Taylor and tennis star John McEnroe.

Two months later Black Crowes manager Pete Angelus rang Jimmy to inquire if he'd be interested in a touring collaboration. The Black Crowes had just been dropped by their label and were looking for opportunities, while the Page/Plant partnership had dissolved which left Jimmy without a band. Ultimately this led to involvement with Net Aid, the six-date mini tour in Oct '99, a live album and a 2000 World Tour that was suddenly abbreviated on account of Jimmy injuring his back.

The Accounting Office

I had thought I had heard that Dennis Rodman wasn't invited onstage during the show and that he came on there unannounced when they were playing, which was quite a surprise to P/P. Remember also about this that Rodman was quite inebriated during this appearance. Perhaps, someone here could confirm this and provide more details?

On This Day = wrong month, day and year!

June 15, 1998

Rodman appeared onstage prior to the encore which as Jimmy said suggests he was invited to do so to further rile up the Chicago faithful. My notes show an episode of MTV's FANatic was taped prior to the concert (the concert was streamed over the internet) which may also explain how this meeting with Page & Plant came about, but I don't have confirmation that Rodman participated in that taping. The Chicago Bulls had won their third consecutive championship (and sixth in eight years) on the road in Salt Lake City against the Utah Jazz the night before.

Robert Plant alludes to Rodman at the concert in this interview (2:30 - 3:10).

The Accounting Office

I had second row seats for the June 15th show and I remember Page's facial expression when Rodman stumbled out onstage. His look was one of ' Who the fuck is this guy?'

I was center right in front of the stage, and Robert and Jimmy both were smiling and quite happy as they stood up there with Dennis. That's not to say they were not informed backstage just who he was and his significance to this particular crowd and evening. It's also not to draw any conclusion about what Page thought about Rodman either.

All of Chicagoland was ablaze with excitement from the win, so having one of the Bulls come out on stage where they play ball (United Center) took most members of the already soaring crowd even higher.

I guess the question might be did they want to invite him out- or did they just expect to have him VIP side/backstage and then it just happened given Rodman's presence and demeanor and they rolled with it.

Jimmy did look different in that Bulls Championship t-shirt and cap, however it could be pointed out he seemed to toss-on promotional t-shirts for most encores prior to fall 98 leg.

Not much today with just a photo of the album and a little blurb. A little disappointing. Some audio and/or video would be a nice touch for this and any entry. :(

....SuperDave, I can add this interview link:ROBERT PLANT AND JIMMY PAGE INTERVIEWED (1994): Only the song remains:

http://www.elsewhere.co.nz/absoluteelsewhere/1939/robert-plant-and-jimmy-page-interviewed-1994-only-the-song-remains/

........other than this, the Accounting Office may have something for us...

Thanks a lot PlanetPage. Now shouldn't Jimmy's site be doing this and not us Zep fans on the LZ board? :unsure:

...SD, Audio (for the day) has been added, City don't cry (Page and Plant);

http://www.jimmypage.com/

SuperDave, I am really happy that Jimmy is communicating with the fans, I think it would be impossible to reconcile all of the opinions and expectations....I also think it is wonderful creative contribution to Jimmy Page This day Entry when fans add something and we all talk about it...

....I would like to see participation of our Webmaster Sam R. here at Led Zeppelin.Com for both Spiritual Inspiration and technical issues....

...edited for clairty/Title...

Archived