JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

I saw the night before as well ( "That's The Way" being my favorite). I was surprised that it was nothing but Zeppelin numbers, no "Lullaby", "Shake My Tree", or "Calling To You". I could have sworn they played "Friends" on the 26th though but I could be wrong. Regardless, to this day it stands as the best show I've ever seen & the orchestras had a great deal with it being such an unbelievable & unforgettable show. I wouldn't trade seeing that show for being at any or all of the1998 shows as good as they were.

As I recall Deborah J regretably never attended a Page/Plant gig anywhere as she was working far too much during that era.

That's too bad. Well at least she got to see the band during the 70's. I wish I had, but was too young at the time.

As I recall Deborah J regretably never attended a Page/Plant gig anywhere as she was working far too much during that era.

Correct, I had bought tickets twice and gave them away as my job at the time basically allowed very little time for life :mad:

...Here is an article from KRLA Beat archives Issue dated "Nov. 5, 1966" (I posted earlier in Random Articles)...I will link the Caravan Referenced article here for those who have not read it:

http://krlabeat.saki...ssue/5nov66.pdf

That was very entertaining, thanks! Does anyone know what other acts were with the Yardbirds on that Caravan tour, besides the Hollies?

That was very entertaining, thanks! Does anyone know what other acts were with the Yardbirds on that Caravan tour, besides the Hollies?

The Hollies were not on that tour (the "tentative" evidently turned into a "no"). Here's an ad for the Dallas show on 10/29/66 which lists the participating acts:

66-10-25paint.jpg

Edited by mikezep61

I can't wait for this too, PlanetPage.

I just read this, MSG. I loved it. Thanks for sharing.

As for Jimmy's white hair, I've gotten more used to it, but I always liked it. I think he looks perfect all the time. Even somehow when he wasn't well.

You're welcome, AEN...thank you for all of the photos and music links you share. I love Jimmy with the long, white hair - I think it suits him perfectly. He carries it off so well.

MSG and AEN27, Jimmy is forever charming....beyond reasonable doubt...in every decade, I don't know how to quite describe his charm...it's just there, always was, always will be....

...AEN27, I love today's entry, with you for loving Outrider...His Guitar, simply magical...love the songs you posted...

here is.... Blues Anthem (feat. Chris Farlowe):

http://www2.mrtzcmp3...is%20Farlowe%29

I agree, PlanetPage. He is an incredibly charming and quietly/understated charismatic gentleman.

Hey everyone,

I was at this show in Worcester. What stands out in my mind was Jimmy playing his bow while surrounded by a laser light pyramid... It was amazing!

My buddy who was with me that night, always told me a story about going to the bathroom during the show and he swears that Robert was in the bathroom also. He said he had a baseball hat on and My friend made eye contact with him. He said that Robert had a frightened look on his face that my buddy was going to recognize him and reveal who he was. I never believed the story, Like what the hell was Robert Plant doing in a public bathroom at the show, but this story might validate that it really happened.