JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Well there must have been a reason he chose 666 and I can only think of the obvious

Yes if your Christian but I'm not, as well as millions of others.

Here are some other transaltions & meaning of "666"

1. The laws of nature are but the mathematical thoughts of God.”
    Euclid

The number 666 is number of the Sun.
    Why number 666?

Just few small examples:

Sentence from the Bible: YHVH Shemesh or "The Lord is the Sun".

YHVH = yod + heh + vau + he = 10 + 5 + 6 + 5 = 26
    Shemesh = shin + mem + shin = 300 + 40 + 300 = 640

26 + 640 = 666

Here is gematric table. Add all numeric values of this word and you'll come up with 666. Curious coincidence. We already said that numbers 6,66,666 represent Sun in all its permutations.

The number 666 has 12 divisors {1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 18, 37, 74, 111, 222, 333, 666}.

Well, Sun (in mythologies: Christ, Buddha, Balder, Horus, Bacchus, Dyonisos, Attis, Mithra,...) has 12 disciples, or 12 signs of zodiac. Sun passes through 12 constellations on the ecliptic belt.

"I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." Numerical value of the paragraph is 216 or 6 x 6 x 6. Here God proclaims that he is the Sun.
    Hebrew word "Aryeh" or "lion":
    Aryeh = aleph + resh + yod + heh = 1 + 200 + 10 + 5 = 216 or 6 x 6 x 6. The lion in all mythologies and all religions symbolizes the Sun, the true "god" of the solar system.
    Hebrew word "Gehvurah" for might, strength:

Gehvurah = gimel + beth + vau + resh + heh = 3 + 2 + 6 + 200 + 5 = 216 or 6 x 6 x 6.
    If two words or sentences have the same numerical value, they have similar meaning like:
    Aryeh = 216 --> lion
    Gevurah = 216 --> strength

Therefore, lion is strong, and so is the Sun
    "The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool" (Is 66.1):
    Numerical value = 216 or 6 x 6 x 6. The heaven is my throne = the sky is the throne of Sun. The earth is my footstool = solar rays influence all life on Earth.

"He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.":
    He hath made the earth or "Asah Aretz"= ayin + shin + heh + aleph + resh + tzaddi = 70 + 300 + 5 + 1 + 200 + 90 = 666
    "God the LORD, he that created the heavens":

"HaEl YHVH Bo-rah Shamayim" = 666
    "He that spread forth the earth":

"Raqa Aretz" = 666
    "Let there be lights":

"Yahi Moroth" = 666

"Like God":

"K'Elohim" = 666. The Sun is metaphorically speaking like a God in religion.

"The Holy Crown":
    "Nezar HaQadosh" = 666. This is the real meaning of the crown of thorns. It refers to actual solar rays which seem like a crown or halo on the Sun (usually depicted around head of Jesus).

"From God":

On Greek "Para Theou" = pi + alpha + rho + alpha + thetha + epsilon + omicron + upsilon = 80 + 1 + 100 + 1 + 9 + 5 + 70 + 400 = 666

"Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold."

Threescore means 60. "Six hundred threescore and six talents of gold" equals 666 talents of gold. In alchemical symbolism, gold represents Sun.

These are just a few examples of solar attributes of the number 666.

Perfect cube numbers:

1, 8, 27, 64, 125, 216, 343, 512, 729, 1000, 1331, 1728

The 6th number is 216 or 6 x 6 x 6 and 6th sphere on the Tree of Life is Sun or Tiphareth on Hebrew.

37th triangular number is 666. 3 + 7 = 10 or tetraktys, Tree of Life.

Number 666 in binary is 1010011010, which contains 10 digits, or first ten Ideas in Universal Mind, the Tree of Life.

Yes if your Christian but I'm not, as well as millions of others.

Here are some other transaltions & meaning of "666"

1. The laws of nature are but the mathematical thoughts of God.”
    Euclid

The number 666 is number of the Sun.
    Why number 666?

Just few small examples:

Sentence from the Bible: YHVH Shemesh or "The Lord is the Sun".

YHVH = yod + heh + vau + he = 10 + 5 + 6 + 5 = 26
    Shemesh = shin + mem + shin = 300 + 40 + 300 = 640

26 + 640 = 666

Here is gematric table. Add all numeric values of this word and you'll come up with 666. Curious coincidence. We already said that numbers 6,66,666 represent Sun in all its permutations.

The number 666 has 12 divisors {1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 18, 37, 74, 111, 222, 333, 666}.

Well, Sun (in mythologies: Christ, Buddha, Balder, Horus, Bacchus, Dyonisos, Attis, Mithra,...) has 12 disciples, or 12 signs of zodiac. Sun passes through 12 constellations on the ecliptic belt.

"I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." Numerical value of the paragraph is 216 or 6 x 6 x 6. Here God proclaims that he is the Sun.
    Hebrew word "Aryeh" or "lion":
    Aryeh = aleph + resh + yod + heh = 1 + 200 + 10 + 5 = 216 or 6 x 6 x 6. The lion in all mythologies and all religions symbolizes the Sun, the true "god" of the solar system.
    Hebrew word "Gehvurah" for might, strength:

Gehvurah = gimel + beth + vau + resh + heh = 3 + 2 + 6 + 200 + 5 = 216 or 6 x 6 x 6.
    If two words or sentences have the same numerical value, they have similar meaning like:
    Aryeh = 216 --> lion
    Gevurah = 216 --> strength

Therefore, lion is strong, and so is the Sun
    "The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool" (Is 66.1):
    Numerical value = 216 or 6 x 6 x 6. The heaven is my throne = the sky is the throne of Sun. The earth is my footstool = solar rays influence all life on Earth.

"He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.":
    He hath made the earth or "Asah Aretz"= ayin + shin + heh + aleph + resh + tzaddi = 70 + 300 + 5 + 1 + 200 + 90 = 666
    "God the LORD, he that created the heavens":

"HaEl YHVH Bo-rah Shamayim" = 666
    "He that spread forth the earth":

"Raqa Aretz" = 666
    "Let there be lights":

"Yahi Moroth" = 666

"Like God":

"K'Elohim" = 666. The Sun is metaphorically speaking like a God in religion.

"The Holy Crown":
    "Nezar HaQadosh" = 666. This is the real meaning of the crown of thorns. It refers to actual solar rays which seem like a crown or halo on the Sun (usually depicted around head of Jesus).

"From God":

On Greek "Para Theou" = pi + alpha + rho + alpha + thetha + epsilon + omicron + upsilon = 80 + 1 + 100 + 1 + 9 + 5 + 70 + 400 = 666

"Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold."

Threescore means 60. "Six hundred threescore and six talents of gold" equals 666 talents of gold. In alchemical symbolism, gold represents Sun.

These are just a few examples of solar attributes of the number 666.

Perfect cube numbers:

1, 8, 27, 64, 125, 216, 343, 512, 729, 1000, 1331, 1728

The 6th number is 216 or 6 x 6 x 6 and 6th sphere on the Tree of Life is Sun or Tiphareth on Hebrew.

37th triangular number is 666. 3 + 7 = 10 or tetraktys, Tree of Life.

Number 666 in binary is 1010011010, which contains 10 digits, or first ten Ideas in Universal Mind, the Tree of Life.

1307922908-24.jpg

...couple excerpts from Guitar World with Jimmy Page/.... Special Issue 4th July 1986.......

Gw: When you were approached to write the soundtrack for Deathwish II, did you think that would be a chance to work closer with the guitar synthesizer?

Page: I thought it was quite a luck of timing As far as it goes, you've got visual and vocal sequences that you are asked to put the music to. And you've got your cues and everything. But if you've seen it a couple of times you get an atmosphere about what is going on and you just work accordingly. I didn't purposely just want to use the guitar synthesizer but in certain places it just worked with that. Actually Death Wish II was about the most I've used the guitar synthesizer.

GW: I know that instrumental music has always held a fascination for you.

Page: I probably feel more at home with just instrumental music. Of course I do. I do hope to be part of something: it's nice to be a catalyst in a situation or whatever complements the situation as well. But let's not get totally philosophical about it. But seriously, that is it...

GW: You did the music for Lucifer Rising {a film by Kenneth Anger}?

Page: Yeah, but you don't have to hear that. That's alright. It's not that good....

...I am so looking forward to release of these soundtracks...absolutely stunning presentations in these modern times, different era, different times...very refreshing...

not edited.

GW: I know that instrumental music has always held a fascination for you.

Page: I probably feel more at home with just instrumental music. Of course I do. I do hope to be part of something: it's nice to be a catalyst in a situation or whatever complements the situation as well. But let's not get totally philosophical about it. But seriously, that is it...

GW: You did the music for Lucifer Rising {a film by Kenneth Anger}?

Page: Yeah, but you don't have to hear that. That's alright. It's not that good....

There is one segment from that especially that is awesome. I don't agree. I watched a video of Kenneth Anger doing a lecture once. Calling him an idiot would be giving him a compliment. All his so called knowledge was read, nothing internal. Clueless mindspelling to an eager audience wanting to believe they were the it crowd.

I also enjoyed reading the answer to that first suggested statement. Very much.

Website says Jimmy is releasing Lucifer Rising and other soundtracks soon.....

.........Jimmy Page is one the greatest musicians, and truly this is another opportunity to enjoy his passion for music...irrespective of any other issues...

truly happy that HE is healthy and will present this to fans...

One of the things I like the most about the Lucifer Rising soundtrack being released is it is a direct (at least in my mind) in your face fuck you to Kenneth Anger for the way he acted when it first was presented to him. Furthermore, I prefer the soundtrack having nothing to do with that idiot so it is a win/win situation.

This is what's up there... :D I love it! He is :o:wub:

luciferrisingjp.jpg

Haha, I love this one too! ;) I think it's beautiful! I love JP's logo sitting within the ring of flames. Thanks for capturing this, AEN - I've saved a copy for myself. I'm looking forward to seeing what Jimmy has planned as far as this release (new music? remaster?).

Haha, I love this one too! ;) I think it's beautiful! I love JP's logo sitting within the ring of flames. Thanks for capturing this, AEN - I've saved a copy for myself. I'm looking forward to seeing what Jimmy has planned as far as this release (new music? remaster?).

You're welcome, MSG! I can't wait too. :D

Is he taking a break or what? No new anecdote in two days?!

I noticed it hasn't changed either. :(

You're welcome, MSG! I can't wait too. :D

I noticed it hasn't changed either. :(

Yes it has changed with Kathy Kirby, performing "Secret Love" from this day , being 1st November 1963, which Jimmy played on in his minimal of sessions from this period :P

Had trouble posting the video from YouTube. Don't know how to do it, since this website (LZ.com) changed a bit a few weeks ago. Only shows the link and not the video, which was no problem before. Just paste and cut before, now it's different. I'm sure someone can help.

Had trouble posting the video from YouTube. Don't know how to do it, since this website (LZ.com) changed a bit a few weeks ago. Only shows the link and not the video, which was no problem before. Just paste and cut before, now it's different. I'm sure someone can help.

When you click on "Share" just underneath the video on YouTube you only post that URL without using any tags.

Holy shit! That was the worst crap I have ever seen. It should be called Idiocity Rising or Boredom Rising. If I was Jimmy and Kenneth Anger came to me with this fetid piece of fecal matter I would have punched him in the face. The best actor was the dung beetle, compared to the rest of the stoned cast he/she was stellar. Also, the music sucked. I hope Mr. Page has other Lucifer Rising music because that was bad. I love Page but the music sounds like something composed in an opium stupor, just droning and bad 70's nature music. I believe someone should have sacrificed Anger to Lucifer for this tripe but I believe the dark lord would have opted for the dung beetle...better company and much more imaginative.

After suffering through that I need a shot of heroin :wtf:

^ Haha, not sure which is worse, the movie or the music. But I can hear why Kenny rejected it.

Any cod-Satanists here care to interpret the imagery in this masterpiece for us?

A lot of info about the movie itself and some interviews with KA can be found here http://alsolikelife.com/shooting/2009/02/956-98-lucifer-rising-1972-kenneth-anger/

For those who want to get it deeper.

Archived