JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Fascinating to follow Jimmy's thought/creative process here. I wonder if the results were as he envisioned them when he wrote this out. Did the Showco team who worked with LZ on their U.S. shows do the lighting and lasers at Knebworth?

...until further confirmation, MSG, I always think Showco was indeed involved at Knebworth for Lasers/Light show.. I love that transition vision from Jimmy Page...amazing, his creativity.............

Here is just a brief article of many..

http://www.ledzeppelinguitar.com/led-zeppelin-knebworth-1979

Yes, thanks to everyone for your contributions!

Can anyone help ID some of the peeps in today's photos - I can recognize the Stones of course, Roy Harper and everyone's favorite, Mr. Halfin. Who is the bloke with the white beard and the sultry black lady? Merci beaucoup.

Can anyone help ID some of the peeps in today's photos - I can recognize the Stones of course, Roy Harper and everyone's favorite, Mr. Halfin. Who is the bloke with the white beard and the sultry black lady? Merci beaucoup.

If you hold your mouse over each photo, it will identify the people. The guy with the white beard in the first photo is Sir Peter Blake (artist who designed the Sgt. Pepper's album cover). The black lady is Ana Araujo (Brazilian model and Ron Wood's girlfriend).

Jimmy identifies everyone at the bottom. I tried to save that too. :D

...until further confirmation, MSG, I always think Showco was indeed involved at Knebworth for Lasers/Light show.. I love that transition vision from Jimmy Page...amazing, his creativity.............

Here is just a brief article of many..

http://www.ledzeppel...-knebworth-1979

Thank you for the information, PlanetPage! Much appreciated!

The ever-amazing Mr. Page...

Amazing with today's entry that you learn something new. I always thought that Rock 'N' Roll basically started in the 1950's with Elvis and Bill Haley and the Comets etc., but according to this a band by the name of Guy Fawkes and the Rebels had a hit with "Quite A Party", back in 1605. That's unbelievable, considering Thomas Edison didn't invent the phonograph until 1877, some 270 years after the recording. Wonder what median was used for the recording and how it was played for interested fans? :o Anyone have some good detailed info on this one?

Amazing with today's entry that you learn something new. I always thought that Rock 'N' Roll basically started in the 1950's with Elvis and Bill Haley and the Comets etc., but according to this a band by the name of Guy Fawkes and the Rebels had a hit with "Quite A Party", back in 1605. That's unbelievable, considering Thomas Edison didn't invent the phonograph until 1877, some 270 years after the recording. Wonder what median was used for the recording and how it was played for interested fans? :o Anyone have some good detailed info on this one?

They were the first band to incorporate pyrotechnics into their perfomances!

11/5/11

I like the 60's vibe of that song...

Since we're on the subject, I always think of John Lennon on Guy Fawkes Day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8gIzkCHvK4

That's one of the things I always think of too...I think it was through that song that I first heard "Remember, remember, the fifth of November."

11/6/11

11611.jpg

So did he or did he not play on this song? And in what capacity? Some sources say as rhythm guitar but there's not a trace of rhythm guitar in here. He says overdub and that could mean anything...

BTW, "contracted" is an odd choice of word. He might have been contracted (paper signed and payed) but ended up not playing or his playing not ending up on the recording...

Just curious but looking at those pics of Jimmy with his friends at the book release, are they all midgets? Jimmy in his prime was about 5'11" and Robert was 6'1". Jimmy is now between 5'9" - 5'10"...except for the smokin hot brazilian model is everyone else under 5'8"??? I know it's trivial but I thought it a bit shocking. Oh, and as usual, Ross Halfin looks like a tool..."Hmmm, look at me, I am Mr. Intense and confidant of Jimmy Page, Hmmmmm."

November 7, 2005

"Led Zeppelin legend Jimmy Page made a surprise appearance at the White Stripes' second Hammersmith Apollo show last night (November 6) as the band continued their tour of the UK. The famous guitarist, who Jack White is often compared with, was spotted watching the gig from the side of the stage throughout the 90 minute set."

http://www.nme.com/n...e-stripes/21442

So did he or did he not play on this song? And in what capacity? Some sources say as rhythm guitar but there's not a trace of rhythm guitar in here. He says overdub and that could mean anything...

BTW, "contracted" is an odd choice of word. He might have been contracted (paper signed and payed) but ended up not playing or his playing not ending up on the recording...

His wording is masterful; Bill Clinton's got nothing on this cat. Let's watch what he says for the recording of the Kinks' "You Really Got Me" :)

Archived