JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Great photo indeed !

The photo appears in his book as well, which says a lot that he included it. I also love it. He also giggles while he tells about how they got together in his '77 interview that appears with the Press Reports book. She and Charlotte (arriving with him at Kembworth) are the only two of his ladies that he includes in the book outside of music. I love that they wrote together. I really believe that Tangerine is about her. The first version of it he was writing while still in the Yardbirds. I have a 'poster' from 75 where she talks about him and says they didn' stay together because his life in England was too quiet for her and he wanted to get out of the music business and make pottery.

...and Thank you from me too...I have had a major virus causing serious damage to my computer...trying to recover everything...I don't have paint so far and I lost my email account, outlook express, with some important Zepp stuff inquires which I was going to share with your guys...

so far, at least I am able to log-in, I will consult my cable company today...

again, you guys are great, thanks for the entertainment, soon I will be part of it...

xo

PlanetPage..

PlanetPage, I think I still have the messages, scans, and Indian journalists' contact info in my inbox - if you find that you can't get this back, please PM me with your new email address and I will forward it all to you. Good luck with sorting it all out.

I am happy someone thinks so. I thought that is what this thread is really for. I am saving them for myself anyway. Thank you.

Many thanks from me too, of course. You know how much my friends and I appreciate your saving and sharing Jimmy's OTD with us.

.....AEN27 thanks again, you are always so kind and helpful and fans all of you are great contributors, thank you, it's great to celebrate the thoughts of our Legendary Musician together;

MSG....thanks ever so much, It will be great to have those direct contacts from you, you know how hard it is to get through!!! ...I will p.m. you, it's great idea,as I still stay in touch over further lost photos from Slip Disc and that one single mystery photo floating around the internet, and some other related inquiries from JS Editors ;

MSG I love what you wrote about Jimmy/Jackie....He is so sensitive looking.....I think Jackie looks beautiful even today, ...

tks for that link, she seems to be happy and still singing (I wish so much for the obvious!!!)....Jimmy and Jackie have such perfect chemistry, much like Robert and his leading ladies....

...Superdave thanks, and I will pm ...new computer it will be from now on......

using alternative for now...

I have a 'poster' from 75 where she talks about him and says they didn't stay together because his life in England was too quiet for her and he wanted to get out of the music business and make pottery.

Quaint if not preposterous alibi for the fact she was actually engaged at the time.

11/14/11

111411.jpg

James Brown! Now we're talking. Jimmy did attend a James Brown concert at Hammersmith Odeon in 1970. I'm still seeking confirmation of exact date. Jimmy mentioned it to James when they met backstage at his House of Blues (The Joint) concert in LA on January 16, 2004.

Also the info is stuck behind the around the room

ON THIS DAY... I WAS PRODUCING IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR AT POLAR STUDIOS, STOCKHOLM

Polar Studios in Stockholm had been set up by Abba's Bjorn and Benny in 1977. They were keen to have an international group record there and I was personally contacted by a representative of the studios who offered three weeks free recording time. This seemed a sound idea to go there to produce what was to become our eighth studio album - In Through the Out Door. We’d been playing around with some ideas at Clearwell Castle in Gloucestershire, UK but then went into Easy Hire, a rehearsal studio in North London, where most of the material that would surface on the album was routined.

When we arrived in Stockholm, it was well into their winter, there was heavy snow in the streets and very, very cold. Polar was a state of the art studio for its time, but not particularly ambient. It took a couple of days to get used to this. We worked on the first track that was to become 'Ozone Baby' and on this day 'South Bound Saurez' had been recorded. Juices were flowing and the recording process was now fully underway.

Thanks to the kind folks who are caring & sharing - for some reason when I go to JP's site today, I can only get the audio & a teensy bit of text.

Interesting that he uses the word "routined" again - my apologies for previously speculating on here that Lord Page himself was not composing these daily missives. I had thought that word was evidence of a bad translation. Mea culpa!

James Brown! Now we're talking. Jimmy did attend a James Brown concert at Hammersmith Odeon in 1970. I'm still seeking confirmation of exact date. Jimmy mentioned it to James when they met backstage at his House of Blues (The Joint) concert in LA on January 16, 2004.

(if you already have this, please ignore..)

...this from my current reading: James Brown I FEEL GOOD, A Memoir of a Life of Soul with an introduction by Marc Eliot:

James Brown writes the following:

Page 155 - "I arrived in VIetnam at the end of May 1968"...

Page 165 - "It seems that upon my return from Vietnam, everything I had worked for all my life began collapsing around me. Before I knew it my bookings fell off, and I quickly became something of a nonperson in pop music. I found myself back where I had started so long ago, playing in small clubs to predominantly Black faces...."

Page 169 - James Brown writes.. (Last Page Number of Chapter Eight - end of late 60's no mention of year of 1970)

"In the late sixties I had a Hawker-Sidley private jet that I used to get to my shows .....

Chapter 9 Beginning

Page 170..."In 1971 I toured Africa and Europe,.....I sold out everywhere, including 3 nights at the world famous Wembley Statdium in London England, and a few days later,

I did my thing before four hundred thousand eager fans in Leeds..............

Chapter 11

Page 193...Elvis Presley dies in August 1977.....

Page 196...."I had to start over from the beginning. For the next couple of years I played small rock clubs I never would have considered even ten years earlier, tiny holes in the wall that could barely hold a hundred people...........

Chapter 15, Page 247...

In the summer of 2004, I embarked on a new world tour, one of the highlights of which was getting to meet England's royal family. In addition to playing all over Europe - Italy.....

....we did a special show outside of Buckingham Palace...There I was, on a royal carpet...

Book Printed in 2005.

James Brown Live at Hammersmith Odeon Nov 24, 1978

Raygigs.com

...December 1978 photos of James Brown Hammersmith Odeon 1978

http://www.mp3lyrics...ames-brown/Pic4

.....This is what I could find most relevant, there appears to be no 1970 date, but in summary 1971 or 1978 where Page could have attended this concert by James Brown...

.. truly hearbreaking life of Legendary World Famous James Brown, a true artist in every sense of the word...

edited for spelling

Archived