JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Whilst working at Grãos de Luz, Jimena met Jimmy Page, who was promoting the album 'No Quarter: Unledded' in late 1994 in South America. They spoke about the problems facing the children of Brazil, and discussed doing a project 'some day'.

Oh OK, I thought Joe Perry introduced them.

...tks AEN27,,,here is the original Link already at Random Articles/Master Forum... to the articles of this magazine, which I recall you have also...I remember we talked about his Egypt photo before "The Book!!!

http://forums.ledzep...s/page__st__300

Yes I remember now. I do have it. It is also the first place where he mentions the "sphinx" picture. :D

Oh OK, I thought Joe Perry introduced them.

Aerosmith were on tour in Argentina when Page & Plant arrived to promote No Quarter in November 1994. Jimmy and Joe had lunch together in Buenos Aires during which Jimmy asked Joe if he'd do the introductory speech for Led Zeppelin's induction into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in New York in January. Joe accepted the offer, and ultimately he and Steven presented it.

That's such a good photo of Roy and Jimmy! Glad he included it in his book. :D Unfortunately, I don't have the book as it was a bit pricey. Probaby, wouldn't have been so much in the U.S., but with our dollar against the pound, it nearly doubles. :depressed:

...tks AEN for the rest of photos; I only have limited knowledge of paint...shall advance soon...

....as for the audio, that must be Jimmy's private collection, I can only find Nero and the Gladiators...(it's awesome, Jimmy's posted entry and this as well)

Nero & The Gladiators - In The Hall Of The Mountain King - 1961 45rpm

and I love the idea of Jimmy coming to a show for Girls in an ambulance... :heartbreaker: ...how cool is that;

Archived