JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Not sure about that. Jimmy has a peculiar way of "phrasing" his english language and the small day-to-day text snippets are in his style. I can't put my finger on it but it reads like his text.

The comments are charmingly quirky and seem authentic. I'd like to think they are coming from Jimmy.

Thanks ST, It was an HONOR!!! And also the day that inspired my FrontRowDave project....Now I give FANS of many bands the chance to shout out about their

favorite bands of alltime. This year alone I've done:

Robert Plant and the Band of Joy X3, Gregg Allman, Lady Gaga X4, U2 X2, Alberta Cross, Bonnaroo 2011, Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience X3, Motorhead, Bon Jovi, Furthur, Soundgarden, Yes and Styx, Jon Anderson, Whitesnake and many other episodes of "From the Fans", my rockumentary series which the FANS get to tell everyone about their live concert experiences.

They can all be seen on www.FrontRowDave.Com

Nice to see bigzepfan on the BBC video that was posted on Jimmy's site today. :)

I also have some never before seen footage from inside the 02 on video. Dave Lewis interview, FANS coming out of the rehearsal in total glee, security giving us fans the lowdown on what is expected of us and what is what is not allowed, interviews with several fans and more.

I sent an email offering for jimmypage.com to put on their website and they never responded....I am proud and honored to be on the website, but it really makes me wonder who's in charge of it......

My site is designed to "rockument history" which allows fans to upload their own photos, reviews and I can also link YouTube videos from every show that's on the database.

I also sent an email when JP.com first opened recommending the same and, once again, never heard anything from them.....

I also have some never before seen footage from inside the 02 on video. Dave Lewis interview, FANS coming out of the rehearsal in total glee, security giving us fans the lowdown on what is expected of us and what is what is not allowed, interviews with several fans and more.

I sent an email offering for jimmypage.com to put on their website and they never responded....I am proud and honored to be on the website, but it really makes me wonder who's in charge of it......

My site is designed to "rockument history" which allows fans to upload their own photos, reviews and I can also link YouTube videos from every show that's on the database.

I also sent an email when JP.com first opened recommending the same and, once again, never heard anything from them.....

Pretty cool to be interviewed by the BBC, the morning after that incredible show, when you were still in a state of euphoria. Also a good one that JP.com posted it for their OTD feature! Awesome! Would like to see that footage some day you have of your O2 experience!

Thanks ST, It was an HONOR!!! And also the day that inspired my FrontRowDave project....Now I give FANS of many bands the chance to shout out about their

favorite bands of alltime. This year alone I've done:

Robert Plant and the Band of Joy X3, Gregg Allman, Lady Gaga X4, U2 X2, Alberta Cross, Bonnaroo 2011, Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience X3, Motorhead, Bon Jovi, Furthur, Soundgarden, Yes and Styx, Jon Anderson, Whitesnake and many other episodes of "From the Fans", my rockumentary series which the FANS get to tell everyone about their live concert experiences.

They can all be seen on www.FrontRowDave.Com

And to think that Jimmy Page actually knows who you are, that alone has got to be a really cool feeling! Perhaps the skies will align just right and you will get a chance to meet him sometime.

Your "From the Fans" videos are a very good watch. I'd guess that any one reading this forum would surely like your rockumentary series.

I loved tonight's OTD. Not only it's so interesting about his first LA trip, but talking more about Jackie.

...Indeed, revealing some more history, I love this time period as we know so little about ....

here is CIro's Nightclub ..........

http://www.hollywood...ciros-nighclub/

I will add this also....

...Here is vintage footage of Sunset Blvd. 1964....

The Byrds looks like performed their first show in March 1965 relatively within few months of this archival entry,

...Beautiful Vintage Sunset Blvd...

http://la.curbed.com/tags/sunset-strip

Maybe it's not, but the second person from the left looks like Keith Relf.to me.

The guy on the right looks like Peter Noone from Hermans Hermits?

Oh crap, I meant to follow on from the photo.

You get the gist....

I think the guy next to Jimmy is Mickie Most. And since Lulu, The Yardbirds, and Herman's Hermits were all being produced by Most in 1967, I'd guess that the picture was taken in early 1967.

Thanks for the feedback. I looked through some old magazine photos I have of Jimmy, Lulu, the Hermits, Mickie Most, Yardies, etc. from the mid-1960s and I think this photo dates from 1966 or early 1967 (just basing this on the way they looked in the different photos and the little I know of their histories).

Thanks MSG. Right in the Rockefeller Center area of NYC.

You're welcome, SuperDave. You may have passed the building many times but if you weren't looking for it, you would just walk right by without noticing. The lobby is beautiful and historic - they don't design buildings like that any more.

I loved tonight's OTD. Not only it's so interesting about his first LA trip, but talking more about Jackie.

...Indeed, revealing some more history, I love this time period as we know so little about ....

here is CIro's Nightclub ..........

http://www.hollywood...ciros-nighclub/

I will add this also....

...Here is vintage footage of Sunset Blvd. 1964....

The Byrds looks like performed their first show in March 1965 relatively within few months of this archival entry,

...Beautiful Vintage Sunset Blvd...

http://la.curbed.com/tags/sunset-strip

One of my favorite posts too. Knowing a bit of the back story, I love the anecdote he shared about Jackie (who is still beautiful, lovely, and successful - a music legend in her own right). I still love the Byrds and, of course, that period of time in music, fashion, and culture.

I couldn't find the exact tracks he posted, but I still loved it too. :D

I think he changed his system - or my settings changed - I used to be able to hover over the player and download but now it takes me here:

http://soundcloud.com/jimmypage

I loved the music selections for tonight too. :)

You're welcome, SuperDave. You may have passed the building many times but if you weren't looking for it, you would just walk right by without noticing. The lobby is beautiful and historic - they don't design buildings like that any more.

I'm sure I did as my father at one time worked in NYC at 48th and 6th which was the old McGraw Hill building. I don't know what it is now, but I'm sure I passed by it numerous times. Just wish I knew the significance then.

12/13/11

121411.jpg

http://youtu.be/6_kx9yQcD7Y

Setlist

1. Absolution Blues

2. Slide It In

3. Rock'n'Roll

4. Jimmy Page Solo

5. Over Now

6. Kashmir

7. Pride & Joy

8. Take A Look At Yourself

9. Take Me For A Little While

10. In My Time Of Dying

11. Here I Go Again

12. White Summer

13. Black Mountain Side

14. Don't Leave Me This Way

15. Shake My Tree

16. Still Of The Night

17. Black Dog

18. The Ocean

19. Feelin' Hot

I think he changed his system - or my settings changed - I used to be able to hover over the player and download but now it takes me here:

http://soundcloud.com/jimmypage

I loved the music selections for tonight too. :)

Thank you. :D

I loved tonight's too. Jimmy and David are so fun together..not to mention to I always think Jimmy is so gorgeous in this video. I wished they had done more together. I know they both really enjoyed working together. :D

Thank you. :D

I loved tonight's too. Jimmy and David are so fun together..not to mention to I always think Jimmy is so gorgeous in this video. I wished they had done more together. I know they both really enjoyed working together. :D

I thought that Jimmy made a great selection in picking "Saccharine" to accompany the OTD for today. I've never heard that track before- loved it! I wonder why it was left off the album?

Archived