JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

I remember the first time that I watched 'Embryo 3' in the extras on the dvd, I was enjoying the performance by Jimmy so much that I blurted out "SHIT NO" when the camera began to pan away from Jimmy. Not a big deal in the larger scheme of things but that day it was because one of my sons was within earshot. That gave him fodder to harass me with for the next day or so because I've always avoided using profanity in front of my children, even as teens it was just so out of character (or so he thinks). Anyway, as you know the camera reversed and began to move back towards Jimmy and I think that I probably just smiled and thought something to myself at that point!

Seeing this again shows me that Jimmy has clearly still got the music in him, I am still hoping to hear more new Jimmy release(s)!

CMLZ-1.jpg

....Richard Cole Stairway to Heaven....Page 52

In Just five days in LA the band discovered that we could create a lot of good-natured mishcief, particularly at the Chateau Marmont. The Marmont is an old hotel with an incredible history. Jean Harlow had an affair with Clark Gable there. Paul Newman met Joanne Woodward at the Marmont. John Belushi died there in 1982.

Rock Musicians developed a special fondness for the hotel. Graham Nash lived there for five months. Alice Cooper's roadies played football naked on the mezzanine. Jim Morrison tumbled out a second-story window, injuring his back and legs....

....Jimmy and I had stayed at the Chateau Marmont with the Yardbirds, and I had returned there when I toured with Tery Reid...........

Here is 1968 photograph of Jeff Beck - VINTAGE INTERIOR VIEW OF CHATEAU MARMONT:

http://therawgallery...jeff-beck-1968/

edited for Typo's..

CMLZ-1.jpg

....Richard Cole Stairway to Heaven....Page 52

In Just five days in LA the band discovered that we could create a lot of good-natured mishcief, particularly at the Chateau Marmont. The Marmont is an old hotel with an incredible history. Jean Harlow had an affair with Clark Gable there. Paul Newman met Joanne Woodward at the Marmont. John Belushi died there in 1982.

Rock Musicians developed a special fondness for the hotel. Graham Nash lived there for five months. Alice Cooper's roadies played football naked on the mezzanine. Jim Morrison tumbled out a second-story window, injuring his back and legs....

....Jimmy and I had stayed at the Chateau Marmont with the Yardbirds, and I had returned there when I toured with Tery Reid...........

Here is 1968 photograph of Jeff Beck - VINTAGE INTERIOR VIEW OF CHATEAU MARMONT:

http://therawgallery...jeff-beck-1968/

edited for Typo's..

Jimmy's OTD for the 23rd of December recognizes a turning point in the evolution of LZ. Thank you for the additional information, PlanetPage...and especially for the beautiful photo of Jeff! I believe this photo was also taken at the Chateau Marmont:

20k9hyb.jpg

My husband and I have our own special memories of the Chateau Marmont. We loved the history and the character of the place, especially in the late 1970s/early 1980s, before Belushi's death there and before many of the renovations took place.

Jimmy's OTD for the 23rd of December recognizes a turning point in the evolution of LZ. Thank you for the additional information, PlanetPage...and especially for the beautiful photo of Jeff! I believe this photo was also taken at the Chateau Marmont:

20k9hyb.jpg

My husband and I have our own special memories of the Chateau Marmont. We loved the history and the character of the place, especially in the late 1970s/early 1980s, before Belushi's death there and before many of the renovations took place.

During one of the scenes in Almost Famous, Gram and Emmylou are briefly seen singing in their hotel room but I'm thinking that scene was set at the "Riot House". I saw where the Bootleg edition (aka as The Director's Cut) of that has been re-released but apparently it's only on Blu-Ray.

20k9hyb.jpg

...MSG, thank you for sharing your lovely thoughts - how great that you got to stay at the C.M (I love all the photos of out Band Members at C.M.).....your travel stories are so beautiful and oh so warm.......

Is the photo for the current OTD one that Jimmy took himself? It's a really nice shot of Times Square and the Allied Chemical Building (I remember going there on class trips to see the exhibits, which I thought were fascinating).

I think this is the correct passport image:

14aj6dj.jpg

Jimmy has given me an idea (with his book and OTD) to take out all my expired passports and scan the images of the visas and stamps and put them alongside my photos I took of the places I visited around the world.

...MSG, thank you for sharing your lovely thoughts - how great that you got to stay at the C.M (I love all the photos of out Band Members at C.M.).....your travel stories are so beautiful and oh so warm.......

You're welcome, PlanetPage...and thanks again for the beautiful photo of Jeff and the link to the gallery. We loved the C.M. (although we didn't see any of our beloved band members there).

12/24/11

122411.jpg

122311passport-1.jpg

1224112passsport.jpg

AEN 27 tks for this;

Additional Information about Yardbirds Canadian Dates - The Forum Cancelled...according to this link here...

Very late 1966

Tuesday, 12 27 66 Montréal, Québec The Montreal Forum

Probably the most important date in Canadian Yardbirds history is Tuesday, December 27th., 1966 .. not so much because they played a concert at the Montreal Forum but because they cancelled that show. ...........(also the '67 dates are included herein including November)...I would think that SAJ/Official Site has probably seen this link....

http://www.capitol6000.com/yardbirds.html

Is the photo for the current OTD one that Jimmy took himself? It's a really nice shot of Times Square and the Allied Chemical Building (I remember going there on class trips to see the exhibits, which I thought were fascinating).

14aj6dj.jpg

Jimmy has given me an idea (with his book and OTD) to take out all my expired passports and scan the images of the visas and stamps and put them alongside my photos I took of the places I visited around the world.

...indeed MSG that is a great idea, I love this feature of his book, all the travel passport photos, those are really great to establish facts, in fact I enjoy them just as much - they are so vital, (although there is one or two missing in his book as I noticed when he travelled to Bombay, there is no returning stamp to London)

14aj6dj.jpg

...for some reason MSG, I cannot see this image and one that you posted earlier at C.M. above (it did appear just once, then no more)

Archived